CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I get reporters aren't linked into WebSleuthers minds and will report details we wish to hear about...
But I really do dont care what PF's hair looks like. If he's taking notes. Or if he is remaining reserved.
All I care is that he has a GUILTY verdict that reserves him a small cramped jail cell with his name on it for the rest of his life.

There is no hair.

LOL

edited to add: And I don't think the look he's adopted helps at all. He looks even more scary!

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Yes. They asked about her helping the couple with finances and why Patrick still lived on the family ranch. Defense said it was to care for his mom. Cheryl says it was to care for his animals, fearing his mom would call animal control if they got out of hand
12:32 PM - 4 Nov 2019
(Responding to question about whether or not the defense questioned CB)

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She & son Clint called police to start the investigation on Dec. 2. They got here on Dec. 3 https://twitter.com/crimerocket/status/1191316879597621250 …
12:33 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Just jury selection. Not opening statements. She hasn’t been in the court since
(Responding to question about SF in the courtroom)

We can’t watch this live, so the reporter’s descriptions are helpful on visualizing things.

I want everything I can get.

Fair enough.
I'm just internally screaming into the void while my blood boils that PF is sitting there cool as a cucumber doodling. Meanwhile, CB, and CB2 were reliving trauma.

The only comfort in that, is the jury is seeing that. They are seeing visibly reactions, and the lack of reactions.

But I still can hope and wish that P**rick Frazee is dying on the inside, terrified, and raging knowing he is screwed and going down hard. And I really hope him going down provides the Berreths some comfort.

NOV 4, 2019
Frazee Trial: day two of testimony
[...]

On Monday, several other witnesses were called. Clint Berreth, Kelsey’s older brother was first to take the stand on the second day of testimony. He described his relationship with his sister as a close one, and spoke of plans to create a Christmas tradition of annual ornaments for his niece.

Clint said he last spoke to Kelsey in November, though he’d sent his niece a crystal ornament and had called several times to make sure it had been received. When he didn’t get an answer from his sister, he said he thought she may have been angry with him for not making Christmas plans.

That memory appeared to be a difficult one for Clint, who began to cry on the stand.

[...]

Inside, he described a confusing scene: the heat was left high, lights were on, and a tray of cinnamon rolls were out – but dry and hard.

[...]

Clint said nothing else seemed obviously wrong until days later, when sunlight highlighted cleaning marks on various items around his sister’s home. After that, he said he noticed blood on the toilet.

[...]

Kelsey’s next door neighbor, AG, took the stand next. AG said she was out of state on Thanksgiving Day, and wasn’t aware Berreth was missing until the following Monday, when a Woodland Park Police Officer knocknockedher door.

[...]

Next, the infamous surveillance video, that captured Kelsey and her daughter walking into the Safeway Grocery Store in Woodland Park on November 22, came into play.

[...]

Her manager, RS, was also called to testify on Monday. The prosecution zeroed in on text messages Siebring received from Kelsey’s phone asking for an extended period of time off following Thanksgiving, to tend to her sick grandmother.

RS said he’d never met Frazee, but mentioned Kelsey had texted that she was planning to bring him to the company’s upcoming Christmas party.

The defense team’s cross examination asked RS to compare punctuation and syntax between messages he received from Kelsey’s phone before and after the Thanksgiving holiday.

[...]

“Get to the back of the class!”
I'm surprised that their chairs aren't facing the corners....

I wonder, though, if MaF is following these reporters online. You can't tell me that none of the Frazee family, who's not in the court room, isn't watching this on social media.

I don't know why this occurred to me just now, but I'm going to ask.

The way it was said by Cheryl- that PF lived with his mother because of his animals- does that not sound like to others that he might not have lived there all of his life?

I'm surprised that their chairs aren't facing the corners....

I wonder, though, if MaF is following these reporters online. You can't tell me that none of the Frazee family, who's not in the court room, isn't watching this on social media.

I don't know why this occurred to me just now, but I'm going to ask.

The way it was said by Cheryl- that PF lived with his mother because of his animals- does that not sound like to others that he might not have lived there all of his life?
We haven’t heard anything about him living anywhere else, and public records only list that lone address.

Ha! I guess we won’t be getting early updates from our favorite blogger today. They found the mole.
Yes, sounds like the Judge plugged that leak.

And while Sam's our man, Lance's stock continues to rise.

"To be fair, Judge Sells also issued a stern warning to the public..." Haaaaaa.

Lance definitely knows how to wield his pen in mighty sword-like fashion, to devastating efect.

JMO.

Fair enough.
I'm just internally screaming into the void while my blood boils that PF is sitting there cool as a cucumber doodling. Meanwhile, CB, and CB2 were reliving trauma.

The only comfort in that, is the jury is seeing that. They are seeing visibly reactions, and the lack of reactions.

But I still can hope and wish that P**rick Frazee is dying on the inside, terrified, and raging knowing he is screwed and going down hard. And I really hope him going down provides the Berreths some comfort.
Couldn’t agree more. As unsatisfying as it is that he’s apparently showing no reaction, it’ll be just as satisfying when those guilty verdicts are read.

For a man prone to bouts of rage, people bashing him on the witness stand just has to bother him.

He’s just not showing it.

Well, that just shot my IMO theory all to heck! I was conjecturing that KB was telling relatives she and PF were engaged because of the possible disapproval of baby out of wedlock when, in FACT, they weren't engaged at all. But that SDAs don't wear jewelry muddies my theory. Back to the drawing board.
Engagements without a ring are definitely a 'thing' these days. But it seems that WITH A RING there's a lot more serious intent about marriage. I can only say that by what I've seen, I don't have statistics.
I understand that her church doesn't wear engagement rings, but she did wear earrings so that's all questionable.
Anywho, I would say that we all can agree he's a player so he never would have given her one either way. "He's broke". (Yeah, that was sarcasm).

Sam's response to inquiry if CB was questioned by defense:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Sam Kraemer Retweeted ******

Yes. They asked about her helping the couple with finances and why Patrick still lived on the family ranch. Defense said it was to care for his mom. Cheryl says it was to care for his animals, fearing his mom would call animal control if they got out of hand

11:32 AM - 4 Nov 2019

Couldn’t agree more. As unsatisfying as it is that he’s apparently showing no reaction, it’ll be just as satisfying when those guilty verdicts are read.

For a man prone to bouts of rage, people bashing him on the witness stand just has to bother him.

He’s just not showing it.

Ha! I'd pay to hear about what he's been like in jail.

Probably saves his fits of rage for when he's back in his cage.

Edit: Maybe our fav local blogger will get locked up and be able to share this with us.

Order of testimony - updated.

Do I have this correct and does anyone know the correct spelling of the Corporal's name?
  1. CB
  2. CB2
  3. Doss Aviation employee - KB's supervisor
  4. Kelsey’s neighbor, AG, with whom her unit shared a wall
  5. One of Kelsey’s supervisors (also described as manager), RS
  6. Woodland Park Police Corporal Dina Currin (sp?)

TWEETS FROM LUNCH BREAK

Lance Benzel on Twitter
UPDATE: Jury hears #PatrickFrazee’s Dec. 2 statement to police about #KelseyBerreth’s disappearance. In 15-minute taped call, he said she dumped him. Wasn’t depressed or suicidal. “We lived in 2 different worlds. She wanted to go down her own path.” @csgazette
12:05 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
As his voice reverberated they courtroom, #PatrickFrazee jotted notes on white legal pad at defense table. Today he’s wearing a blue-striped shirt, his head neatly shaven. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:08 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
The Woodland Park cop who took his statement testified that he showed no concern about #KelseyBerreth’s welfare and was hazy on date of last child exchange. Those were 2 things that struck her about his comments.
@csgazette
12:09 PM · Nov 4, 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Then with WPPD Corporal Currin on the stand, they played her body camera-recorded phone call with Frazee from Dec. 3 before the court. It’s about 15 minutes long. They played it in his preliminary hearing too. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:11 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Today’s slate of witnesses is meant to poke holes in #PatrickFrazee’s earliest statements to police by showing that #KelseyBerreth told no one of relationship problems and didn’t alert family she wanted to leave CO, as he claimed. @csgazette
12:11 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Though being respectful (often saying yes ma’am), Frazee shows no real concern for Berreth’s well-being. He says they had a heart-to-heart the week prior & she decided their arrangement wasn’t working. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:13 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
#KelseyBerreth’s brother grew emotional talking about last text exchange with her. He thought she was mad at him for forgetting Xmas plans, he said with voice breaking. @csgazette #PatrickFrazee
12:13 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
We’re on about an hour lunch break now. Join me on the @KKTV11News in about 20 minutes for a recap of what’s happened in the #PatrickFrazee trial this morning. I’ll have a live report later today around 5:30. #KelseyBerreth
12:14 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Back to the texts really quickly, Kelsey’s supervisor Raymond Siebring said it’s not out of the ordinary for her to text him requesting a day off if she’s sick. A week off, though, seemed odd. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:14 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Daniela Leon on Twitter
#PatrickFRAZEE continuing to remain reserved even during Clint’s emotional testimony.
12:18 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter
We're back in Teller County today for the #KelseyBerreth murder trial. Recap from last week:
- 16 person jury (12 & 4 alternates)
- Opening statements
- First testimony (from Kelsey's mother)
Catch up here:
https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/kelsey-berreth-murder-case/patrick-frazee-trial-opening-statements-cheryl-berreth-testimony/73-1db5c020-7a05-4697-a65c-25f5c1b312b8 … #9News
12:18 PM · Nov 4, 2019

Daniela Leon on Twitter
Third witness called is Kelsey’s next door neighbor.
12:19 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Berreth family testified that they noticed some odd things at Kelsey’s home after she disappeared, like the thermostat on a higher-than-normal heat, cinnamon rolls left on counter, Kelsey's toiletries and luggage still at the house
#9News
12:25 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Not immediately, but within a few days, the Berreth family said they also found a small amount of blood on the toilet at Kelsey’s house, and what looked like cleaning marks (surfaces wiped clean) all around her home
#9News
12:25 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Woodland Park cop testifies #PatrickFrazee told her 12/2/18 that the last time he saw #KelseyBerreth was 11/25/18. He said they were having a "bump in the road." He was giving her space, and had given her back her keys and gun. Frazee is taking notes on a legal pad.
12:31 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
12:32 PM - 4 Nov 2019
(Responding to question about whether or not the defense questioned CB)

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She & son Clint called police to start the investigation on Dec. 2. They got here on Dec. 3 https://twitter.com/crimerocket/status/1191316879597621250 …

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Just jury selection. Not opening statements. She hasn’t been in the court since
(Responding to question about SF in the courtroom)

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Another new detail: Clint Berreth says #KelseyBerreth made him aware of family fight involving #PatrickFrazee for assets after his father’s death. Not clear how, or whether, this factors into prosecution case. Worth watching, though. @csgazette
12:44 PM - 4 Nov 2019

MikeGalanosHLN on Twitter (Video)
On the witness stand, the mom of #KelseyBerreth testified that the relationship between her daughter and #PatrickFrazee and his family was strained -- with his mom even referring to Kelsey once as a "prostitute."
12:45 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
When #KelseyBerreth first came to CO after meeting #PatrickFrazee online, money didn’t seem to be issue, her mom testified. She was told cattle prices declined, creating financial pressures. @csgazette
12:45 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
About to head back in. I will do more updates at afternoon break unless I am indisposed. Remember: No bathroom breaks or reporters aren’t let back in. @csgazette
12:46 PM - 4 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Judge Sells made a point Friday of saying his rules weren’t meant to be “punitive,” only to safeguard trial. Today he told us that if we talk in gallery, we’ll be relegated to back rows in court. Defense complained they couldn’t hear, he said. @csgazette #PatrickFrazee
12:48 PM - 4 Nov 2019

We can’t watch this live, so the reporter’s descriptions are helpful in visualizing things.

I want everything I can get.

I agree.

I know its spilled milk about being able to watch the trial live. But if we could have been able to, another huge advantage is being able to see the "non-verbal communication" that a defendant and others can sometimes show us during a trial.

During the infamous Jodi Arias trial, it was interesting to watch her expressions and her non-verbal communication as she reacted to other's testimony.

Here is an interesting link that talks about non verbal communication and how a large percentage of our daily communication is non-verbal.

Body Language Classes, Research, and Consulting | Nonverbal Group | NYC

SABBM

Interesting. Didn't we have a report about the animals being taken away by animal control after PF's arrest? Or am I remembering that wrong? Is this info an indication of the real nature of PF and SF relationship (adversarial) or is it the picture PF wanted to paint for KB (that he lived with his mom only to take care of his animals but didn't get along with her)?
No, I don't think you're remembering wrong. I recall the report about animal control as well. MOO

Yes, sounds like the Judge plugged that leak.

And while Sam's our man, Lance's stock continues to rise.

"To be fair, Judge Sells also issued a stern warning to the public..." Haaaaaa.

Lance definitely knows how to wield his pen in mighty sword-like fashion, to devastating efect.

JMO.

Make no mistake -- our Sam has been public of his respect for his Colorado senior correspondent Lance. Just sayin...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288