Elton John says he's extremely unwell, postpones Indianapolis show

Looks like the article saying he would resume touring in 2020 was wrong! I think they meant that the show he canceled would be rescheduled for 2020. So happy to hear this! He performed in Nashville last night to glowing reviews.

- - -

Monday night offered an encore celebration for Music City on the winding Yellow Brick Road that's leading one of a generation's premier showmen to a world beyond the stage; a sold out victory lap ensuring Nashville gets one more chance to "count the headlights on the highway" before John exits the road a final time.

"I've had enough applause to last me a trillion lifetimes," John, age 72, said. "And I won't forget you. God, how could I forget you guys? You're in my soul and in my heart ... in every fiber of my being."

.."I don't care, when I come here, who you vote for or what color you are, or what religion you are," John said. "I don't care about that. It's none of my business. What I care about is bringing you together and having a great time." ... "And we need to be kinder to each other and we need to come together ... we need to tolerate each other in this world."

Gosh, I love that man!

And — despite some speculation of the show's status after John postponed a weekend appearance due to feeling "extremely unwell" — the Rocket Man offered a revue of his five-decade career for nearly three hours and 25 songs.

Elton John gives Nashville an encore 'farewell': 'You're in my soul and in my heart'
Great news!

Looks like the article saying he would resume touring in 2020 was wrong! I think they meant that the show he canceled would be rescheduled for 2020. So happy to hear this! He performed in Nashville last night to glowing reviews.

- - -

Monday night offered an encore celebration for Music City on the winding Yellow Brick Road that's leading one of a generation's premier showmen to a world beyond the stage; a sold out victory lap ensuring Nashville gets one more chance to "count the headlights on the highway" before John exits the road a final time.

"I've had enough applause to last me a trillion lifetimes," John, age 72, said. "And I won't forget you. God, how could I forget you guys? You're in my soul and in my heart ... in every fiber of my being."

.."I don't care, when I come here, who you vote for or what color you are, or what religion you are," John said. "I don't care about that. It's none of my business. What I care about is bringing you together and having a great time." ... "And we need to be kinder to each other and we need to come together ... we need to tolerate each other in this world."

Gosh, I love that man!

And — despite some speculation of the show's status after John postponed a weekend appearance due to feeling "extremely unwell" — the Rocket Man offered a revue of his five-decade career for nearly three hours and 25 songs.

Elton John gives Nashville an encore 'farewell': 'You're in my soul and in my heart'
He says those things at each farewell tour concert, and those things can't be said enough :) Seeing him this past spring was a highlight of my year, and I know I won't be experiencing EJ in concert again.

I'm dating myself here but..........I was at the Dodger Stadium concert in 1975. I was 15. My sister was in college and she took me along because....well.....I was pretty obsessed with Elton at that point! lol. It was an AMAZING experience!
I first saw him in 1970, at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. I'm a bit older than you, as I was then a junior in high school ;) I next saw him in concert with Billy Joel, and lastly, was fortunate enough to see one of the current tour concerts. My wonderful son got the tickets as a gift :)

I first saw him in 1970, at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. I'm a bit older than you, as I was then a junior in high school ;) I next saw him in concert with Billy Joel, and lastly, was fortunate enough to see one of the current tour concerts. My wonderful son got the tickets as a gift :)
Oh! That must have been awesome seeing him at the very beginning of his career! I wish I could have caught one of the concerts he did with Billy Joel! He's another favorite of mine. I've seen Elton a total of 4 times over the years. I think I'm ready for another one! :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! That must have been awesome seeing him at the very beginning of his career! I wish I could have caught one of the concerts he did with Billy Joel! He's another favorite of mine. I've seen Elton a total of 4 times over the years. I think I'm ready for another one! :-D
It was, and I most likely didn't quite realize at the time how awesome a talent he was and what his marvelous musical longevity and legacy would become. I definitely loved the songs, his stage antics and costumes :)

Last edited:
Did anyone see the movie Rocket Man? I saw it with my daughter. We enjoyed it but she did say she felt it was rather sad. His early life must have been very difficult.

I haven't seen the movie yet.

I just downloaded his book and finished reading it in two evenings

Wasn't it wonderful? Oh, I was so sad when I finished. It was like saying goodbye to a new friend.

I haven't seen the movie yet.

It was fabulous and fantastical! Full of vibrancy and whimsy - just like Elton! It was heartbreaking, but also inspiring and fun. Knowing Elton produced it and was a big part of it made it even more special. Definitely a must-see!

Did anyone see the movie Rocket Man? I saw it with my daughter. We enjoyed it but she did say she felt it was rather sad. His early life must have been very difficult.

It was so delightful. But yes, rather sad as well. However, I'm so happy Elton has found happiness and love - and that he's still working and creating. Still, the inadequacy one feels when young never quite goes away entirely, does it? He mentioned that even now, with his father long dead, he's still trying to prove he's good enough. Sigh.. I'm not sure some parents understand how their harsh criticisms and apathy can have a negative lifelong effect on their kids.

Elton John announces he has pneumonia on tour

Elton John had to end a concert in Auckland, Ne
w Zealand, early on Sunday after losing his voice.

He revealed on Instagram that he had been diagnosed with "walking pneumonia," a less severe form of pneumonia.

Video from fans in the audience showed John rising from the piano with outstretched arms and a disappointed look on his face. He briefly appears to shed a few tears before being led off stage.

"I want to thank everyone who attended tonight’s gig in Auckland. I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia earlier today, but I was determined to give you the best show humanly possible. I played and sang my heart out, until my voice could sing no more. I’m disappointed, deeply upset and sorry. I gave it all I had. Thank-you so much for your extraordinary support and all the love you showed me during tonight’s performance. I am eternally grateful. Love, Elton xx"

Pneumonia Forces Early End To Elton John Concert On His Farewell Tour

I will really date myself I saw him with Kiki Dee in 74, and I fell in love with him then. No matter what his personal opinions are about anybody, or anyone else's personal opinions are about him has talent is amazing. I wish him the very best of health. He is an icon, funny thing is we all have opinions because we're not famous are opinions don't get torn apart and discussed in the media. I think we are all very lucky to have been blessed with his talent hopefully he will be around for years

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back