Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, but I'm more confused than ever. Further down in the article it says:

"“Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed,” ISP’s release said, “it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

To my old and tired eyes, the new sketch bears no resemblance to the man in the video. If nothing else, look at the chins.

View attachment 213411 View attachment 213412 View attachment 213413

I think it was @Charlot123 who said that BG could have some kind of mask or nylon over his face. I found the idea totally wild at first but the face is more blurred than ie. his jacket or jeans where you can actually see folds and movement. You can make out details except on his face.

A lot of people thought this case would be solved quickly. So, based on the April 22 presser, I would think LE has gone back to those first crucial 48 hours and even the first week or two of the investigation. Hence the NBG sketch which is really the original sketch from a few days after the murders. There were a couple of publicized searches in the first couple of weeks as well. Was LE closing in on someone/something in those early days??? Who would have 'the power' to completely steer an investigation away from a POI and possibly direct suspicion elsewhere?

Does anyone on here still have the same POI as they did in the early days or have you changed your mind several times over the past 2+ yrs?
Who would have the power to steer an investigation away from a POI? IMO, someone with a lot of money and/or influence. And by steering, I'm not implicating LE in this scenario.

For instance, let's say someone in the community has wealth and influence - and that person would be a very big fish in a small town like Delphi - and this person knows who committed this murder and has chosen to stay quiet or has given this person an alibi, for any number of possible reasons, this person could easily steer the investigation away from the murderer.

IMO, this case has hit a wall because the person responsible has an alibi. It's not a lack of DNA or evidence, it's that someone is covering for this monster. All LE can do now is try to appeal to that person or persons to do the right thing, which is what we saw take place during the last PC six months ago.

My hope is that this secret is eating this person alive every single day and night.

Last edited:
The power would lie in trust. The person/people who lead others astray are usually the ones that are held in the highest degree for truth and honesty. So think of who we trust. Who would never let us down. Who teaches us we should do the right thing in life. Someone we hold to the highest level of perfection. That is the culprit.
Moo
bingo yes yes yes!!!!

I've always been curious about that search. After the April PC, one of the investigators said they were probably on to something early on. That search was always the first thing that came to my mind.

I wonder if they will go back there...back to the beginning and look at it with fresh eyes. I don’t know how many people live at that house. Perhaps there is a father/son combo who lives there. JMO

I watched the movie The Shack. SPOILER ALERT!!

@Mike Britton

There was nothing mentioned about the murder of the victim except her dress and blood was found in The Shack. She was abducted when his back was turned and she was coloring at a picnic table while they were camping with a group of Believers. Her father, in his grief, loses his faith. He receives an anonymous note from "poppa" which is what his daughter (the victim) called God. The note invites him to the shack. He "borrows" his neighbor's (Tim McGraw) SUV to make the trip to the remote location. He goes with the hope the murderer will return and he can confront/kill him. Instead he meets the personification of the Trinity. God (Octavia Spencer no less), Jesus (an Arab looking actor) and the Holy Spirit (an asian actress). Through their guidance he works through his grief and reaffirms his faith.

In my opinion, I think DC is a religious man and can understand how one can lose his faith under these horrible circumstances. Possibly the killer was once religious? It makes no sense really unless there is some sort of evidence we do not know about that points to a person who has lost his faith, but with repentance he can again receive God's grace and salvation. Some depraved individual that succumbed to the dark side, and by doing the right thing can again step into the light (so to speak).

Where he talked about A&L not being like he left them makes me wonder if in some twisted way DC knows a reason he did it, and his purpose for doing it failed, and the girls are no longer in this world, purgatory but have gone to their holy reward.

Of course, if he was not talking to the killer directly one can construe that he was talking to someone who knew the killer and by turning the killer in can receive absolution for their cover up of the crime.

This is all conjecture.

I've always been curious about that search. After the April PC, one of the investigators said they were probably on to something early on. That search was always the first thing that came to my mind.

I do think the key is refocusing on the things going on very early after the murders. LE suggests that in the quote you mentioned. There were a lot of little things going on...asking about hitchhikers, mentioning possible duffle bags, etc...and I think, at least I know I was, distracted by the picture of BG and the audio clip.
Also, many people have talked about LE knowing the killer and now just dotting i’s and crossing t’s, etc and I never bought into that. Until today. I read an article about a four year old quadruple murder in my state and the sheriff 1) hints of sloppy police work at the beginning and having to overcome that 2) knowing who did it but because of the early problems needing to polish things up with extra info before they make an arrest.
I think that may be what we’re looking at here in Delphi.

I watched the movie The Shack. SPOILER ALERT!!

@Mike Britton

There was nothing mentioned about the murder of the victim except her dress and blood was found in The Shack. She was abducted when his back was turned and she was coloring at a picnic table while they were camping with a group of Believers. Her father, in his grief, loses his faith. He receives an anonymous note from "poppa" which is what his daughter (the victim) called God. The note invites him to the shack. He "borrows" his neighbor's (Tim McGraw) SUV to make the trip to the remote location. He goes with the hope the murderer will return and he can confront/kill him. Instead he meets the personification of the Trinity. God (Octavia Spencer no less), Jesus (an Arab looking actor) and the Holy Spirit (an asian actress). Through their guidance he works through his grief and reaffirms his faith.

In my opinion, I think DC is a religious man and can understand how one can lose his faith under these horrible circumstances. Possibly the killer was once religious? It makes no sense really unless there is some sort of evidence we do not know about that points to a person who has lost his faith, but with repentance he can again receive God's grace and salvation. Some depraved individual that succumbed to the dark side, and by doing the right thing can again step into the light (so to speak).

Where he talked about A&L not being like he left them makes me wonder if in some twisted way DC knows a reason he did it, and his purpose for doing it failed, and the girls are no longer in this world, purgatory but have gone to their holy reward.

Of course, if he was not talking to the killer directly one can construe that he was talking to someone who knew the killer and by turning the killer in can receive absolution for their cover up of the crime.

This is all conjecture.

I know I have to read the book and watch a movie, but it is hard. Thank you for explaining it.

I think that IRL whatever DC was hinting at was contained in the book. But the movie was watched by many residents of Delphi, so DC alluded to the movie.

I also think the crime scene was bad, but DC was consoling everyone - the families, himself - by hinting the girls were in a better place now. Maybe DC hinted at there BG having lost his immortal soul by doing it, and the only way out was to repent?

Only I am not sure that BG is that religious. Maybe he goes through the motions, but my feeling is, he had lost his religion a while ago. He lives in fear, though.

I know I have to read the book and watch a movie, but it is hard. Thank you for explaining it.

I think that IRL whatever DC was hinting at was contained in the book. But the movie was watched by many residents of Delphi, so DC alluded to the movie.

I also think the crime scene was bad, but DC was consoling everyone - the families, himself - by hinting the girls were in a better place now. Maybe DC hinted at there BG having lost his immortal soul by doing it, and the only way out was to repent?

Only I am not sure that BG is that religious. Maybe he goes through the motions, but my feeling is, he had lost his religion a while ago. He lives in fear, though.

Is there something in the book that could add to my synopsis? I probably won't read the book.

He very well could have lost his religion a while ago. There are plenty of people that many many churches exclude or just out right condemn (homosexuals, pedophiles, etc.). Whoever killed these young ladies committed a mortal sin, I think the catholics call it a venial sin. I'm no religious scholar but in my experience Protestants aren't as rule based as other christian denominations like catholics. Basically, (forgive me if you already know this) many protestants believe every sin you commit can be forgiven via John 3:16. There are plenty of folks that have been reborn while sitting in prison thinking on this. In my experience, and my opinion only, emotionally fragile, impulsive people can become almost zealots then completely flip and abandon the church only to come back again.

I've probably broken a rule and if so I'm sorry. Just trying to make sense out of it all. It is never my intention to judge or to give the appearance of judging others.

On a completely different note.....I was out to lunch the other day and this guy (teen) walked past with wiry rust colored hair combed straight forward over his forhead like some have seen on BG. As he passed he shook his head then touched his hair as if to make certain it stayed in place. Kinda freaked me out. I wonder if this cut has a name and what types of boys/men are wearing it?

That search is certainly a possibility (“onto something early on”). But I keep thinking it could have something to do with people who were cleared in the beginning. Someone they initially thought they needed to clear, cleared, and now realize he is BG. Would tie into the feeling of being betrayed, as well as the “we’re just now beginning” statement.

So I lean towards everyone being a potential suspect again. i.e previous claims of prior cleared individuals do not hold as much water to me. All bets are off now.

MOO.

Is there something in the book that could add to my synopsis? I probably won't read the book.

He very well could have lost his religion a while ago. There are plenty of people that many many churches exclude or just out right condemn (homosexuals, pedophiles, etc.). Whoever killed these young ladies committed a mortal sin, I think the catholics call it a venial sin. I'm no religious scholar but in my experience Protestants aren't as rule based as other christian denominations like catholics. Basically, (forgive me if you already know this) many protestants believe every sin you commit can be forgiven via John 3:16. There are plenty of folks that have been reborn while sitting in prison thinking on this. In my experience, and my opinion only, emotionally fragile, impulsive people can become almost zealots then completely flip and abandon the church only to come back again.

I've probably broken a rule and if so I'm sorry. Just trying to make sense out of it all. It is never my intention to judge or to give the appearance of judging others.

No, thank you, it is very interesting. Christian religions differ in their view of these issues, and basically, religious wars in Europe were about how to believe.

I am far from Protestantism. But what you say, does not negate what I feel. That unless BG repents, and admits his murder, he is not forgiven. I don’t believe this is a sin that can be washed away by a priest, who in Protestantism is just another person, not a conduit between you and God.

And these principles are the same in non-Christian religions as well. The karma is probably even less forgiving. But anyone would probably advise the same to the killer. Fast, pray, repent, admit the murder.

About the book. I probably could make an attempt to read it. From all reports, it is deeper than the movie.

I am not proselytizing here, I just think that since the Shack is one of the very few hints dropped...

Could police be describing bridge guy as younger than he appears due to drug/meth use? Drug use has a horrible way of ageing people
They're saying just the opposite--that he may look younger than his actual age.

I think it was @Charlot123 who said that BG could have some kind of mask or nylon over his face. I found the idea totally wild at first but the face is more blurred than ie. his jacket or jeans where you can actually see folds and movement. You can make out details except on his face.
I don't think he's wearing a mask, but it looks like the collar of his parka is folded up over his chin, making his face look shorter and squarer than it actually is. It wasn't very cold out, so if he was hiding his lower face, that suggests premeditation. I don't think he targeted Abby and Libby specifically, but I think he intended to find someone to murder that day.

Murders like this often have a trigger, and it seems like he had extreme anger towards women or a particular woman for whom Abby and Libby were surrogates.
I would be looking for A) someone wwas fired by a female boss or because of a complaint from a female OR B) someone whose wife just filed for divorce or whose girlfriend just ditched him OR C) someone whose wife or mother was trying to control his life in some significant way.
Because of LE's comments that this was about control, the controlling female option is the most likely one.

They're saying just the opposite--that he may look younger than his actual age.

I don't think he's wearing a mask, but it looks like the collar of his parka is folded up over his chin, making his face look shorter and squarer than it actually is. It wasn't very cold out, so if he was hiding his lower face, that suggests premeditation. I don't think he targeted Abby and Libby specifically, but I think he intended to find someone to murder that day.

I'm not saying he is but the way it's more blurred than his clothes made me stop. So I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Additionally he may have hidden his chin. I also think it's premeditated - I have no idea what he'a packing in that jacket but this is not his natural body type. If you ask me, I can see a gun outlined. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy