Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put yourself in the shoes of the perp..

If she’s alive then I’m holding her in a sound proof room or in a basement tied up.

If she’s not alive (worse case scenario) where do you get rid of a body? It was mentioned there in national land Mark woods in that area which would make it hard to find.

Or swampy area hoping alligators/crocodiles will get rid of the body by eating it. Aren’t there also wild pigs in this area as well?

Let me start by saying that I sincerely hope and pray that this does not apply to this case.
But....
JMO...There are hogs and gators in areas like these all over the south. Not sure of the pop. numbers on gators in that area, but I feel sure they are there. Someone who is local please weigh in on this. The alligators are most likely not feeding much and are on the verge of hibernation right now depending on the temps. They tend to dig into the banks and hibernate once it gets below 70 degrees. JMO

Put yourself in the shoes of the perp..

If she’s alive then I’m holding her in a sound proof room or in a basement tied up.

If she’s not alive (worse case scenario) where do you get rid of a body? It was mentioned there in national land Mark woods in that area which would make it hard to find.

Or swampy area hoping alligators/crocodiles will get rid of the body by eating it. Aren’t there also wild pigs in this area as well?

It is really hard to hit like but I like your idea

Here's the map. It was between technology parkway and lee road 10

Lee Road 10 is what locals call Beehive road, correct? We drove it yesterday to cut over to a Wire Road, and I was looking at all guardrails as we went. None of them looked tall enough, but it did occur to me that Beehive Road to Wire Road would be a good way to get to an interstate exit that is less populated.

In trying to figure where you were talking earlier. I did notice this area. Looks to be the bridge right on top of I 85. I suppose another guardrail concrete barrier impact location. If continued driving it could have fallen off in the area you mentioned right down the road.

shoot my insert quote button is gone.

Attachments

• 38712826-E0AD-423B-B6DE-167CFC5F6C22.jpeg
    38712826-E0AD-423B-B6DE-167CFC5F6C22.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 47
I drove all around those roads looking for damage to barriers, pole, and brick mailboxes and came to the same conclusion about the barriers.
That's awesome - did you happen to drive to the chevron to see if there was damage around that location? I would also like to know if there are outside cameras pointing towards the lot?? Thanks

It would be unusual for gators to venture this far north in Alabama. Not saying it’s impossible but it’s way outside their normal habitat. Wild pigs is another story, plenty around the auburn area.

Both of her parents have made references to her kindness potentially being taken advantage of.

“It’s heart-wrenching because Aniah is such a people person,” Elijah Blanchard told The Advertiser. “For someone to try to take advantage of that, someone who was probably just trying to be nice and try to go home, it’s heart-wrenching.”

I still wonder if she offered someone a ride at the Chevron. This would seem to line up with the timeline if it's her sending the Snapchat messages a few minutes later, saying she's with someone she met but also saying she's almost home. If she did pick someone up, it seems like there would be video of that. There's likely more video than what's been released, and it seems they have shown more to the family than the public (for example, we don't see her buying chips, but her mom says she does in the Nancy Grace podcast interview). Wondering if this is just the language the family is using (someone taking advantage of her kindness), or if they know something along those lines.

'She loves Jesus; she's not alone': Auburn prays for Aniah Blanchard's safe return

Let me start by saying that I sincerely hope and pray that this does not apply to this case.
But....
JMO...There are hogs and gators in areas like these all over the south. Not sure of the pop. numbers on gators in that area, but I feel sure they are there. Someone who is local please weigh in on this. The alligators are most likely not feeding much and are on the verge of hibernation right now depending on the temps. They tend to dig into the banks and hibernate once it gets below 70 degrees. JMO

I live in South Carolina (where the gators are plentiful) and this question came up a lot during discussions in the Heather Elvis case. From what I understand, gators don't hibernate in the truest sense of the word. Rather, they go through a process known as brumation. While brumation is similar to hibernation in many ways, it's also quite different in others. Alligators don't sleep during brumation in the same way that a bear sleeps during hibernation. It's more like their metabolism slows down to such a degree that they become immobilized. If there's a bout of warm weather in the area for a few days (which isn't uncommon in the southeastern United States), they often emerge from their burrows to gather warmth from the sun. However, they are much less aggressive and don't feed during these instances. Also, because temperatures drastically change day to day during the fall months in the southeast, alligators tend to be more influenced by the number of hours in a day than by the temperature. Wildlife often begins to prepare for the colder months ahead when the days start getting shorter.

I drove past the Chevron multiple times in different directions. I didn't go in the Chevron (although I've been in there and recognized the interior from the video) because there was an SUV parked in the parking lot with "official" looking magnet on the side. There are, however, traffic cameras pointing in all directions at that intersection, and a bank across the street. I know where she lives for sure (not sure if I can share it here) so I took both routes that would take her home. I also took the "wild card" route if Aniah, or whomever was driving from the Chevron, out to Wire Road to avoid cameras. There are no banks or intersections between her house and the Chevron on S College, and, the businesses there sit back behind parking areas so I'm not sure the cameras from the businesses will help.
There are banks diagonal from each other on the other route she could have taken at the corner of Donahue and E Univ with the ATM of the credit union facing the street. I'm assuming those banks have footage.

I live in South Carolina (where the gators are plentiful) and this question came up a lot during discussions in the Heather Elvis case. From what I understand, gators don't hibernate in the truest sense of the word. Rather, they go through a process known as brumation. While brumation is similar to hibernation in many ways, it's also quite different in others. Alligators don't sleep during brumation in the same way that a bear sleeps during hibernation. It's more like their metabolism slows down to such a degree that they become immobilized. If there's a bout of warm weather in the area for a few days (which isn't uncommon in the southeastern United States), they often emerge from their burrows to gather warmth from the sun. However, they are much less aggressive and don't feed during these instances. Also, because temperatures drastically change day to day during the fall months in the southeast, alligators tend to be more influenced by the number of hours in a day than by the temperature. Wildlife often begins to prepare for the colder months ahead when the days start getting shorter.

Thanks for clarifying. I followed Heather's case from the first day she had a thread here and I am in Mississippi, where gators are plentiful. I used the hibernation term just because it was the easies way to explain, but yes, it really just means that they are less active. We rarely ever see or hear of any here once the weather starts cooling off. We see them mostly in the heat of the summer or when we have heavy rains that cause flooding.

I'm still one of those people that walk around my vehicle and look inside to see if anyone's hiding in the back seat, particularly if I'm not sure I locked it.

She did appear relaxed at the station, and it's crossed my mind that somebody could have slipped into her vehicle. There's plenty that loiter around those convenience stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1