Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm away from the coast. In south AL. Auburn in in south AL.Been here 40+ years. We most certainly have gators in ponds, lakes, rivers, and swamps. I am not near the coast.

Some parts of South Alabama do have alligators but Auburn does not. Saying Auburn has alligators is like saying Atlanta has alligators. Anybody want to claim Atlanta has alligators.

Auburn is NOTHING like some of y’all are imagining it at all. It’s by far one of the safest and nicest places to live in America. No gators.

I’ve never seen an alligator north of that line in Alabama. Auburn is landlocked. It has more similar with the topography of Atlanta then some rural outpost in lower Alabama.

Attachments

• C4DC4161-35AE-4E0A-870B-BC673696A3A9.jpeg
    C4DC4161-35AE-4E0A-870B-BC673696A3A9.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Some parts of South Alabama do have alligators but Auburn does not. Saying Auburn has alligators is like saying Atlanta has alligators. Anybody want to claim Atlanta has alligators.

Auburn is NOTHING like some of y’all are imagining it at all. It’s by far one of the safest and nicest places to live in America. No gators.

I’ve never seen an alligator north of that line in Alabama. Auburn is landlocked. It has more similar with the topography of Atlanta then some rural outpost in lower Alabama.
I don’t dispute what you’re saying about Auburn or AL in general (I really have no idea), but there are plenty of gators north of that line on the coast, nearly up to VA.

But I think we can rule out the involvement of gators in this case! :)

There are no naturally occurring alligators in the area. This is not a swamp. There are not really alligators "all over the South" . They are prevalent in the COASTAL areas. Occasionally there will be one far inland but usually it's because someone let a pet alligator loose. It's definitely a rare thing. Normally away from the coast you do not see alligators in rivers, lakes or ponds. Lee County is 3-4 hours away from the coastal area of Alabama. It's mostly farm land and wooded forests.
There are deer, turkey, and raccoons. Not 100% sure about wild boars but I never heard of any. I doubt they are roaming through the area.
Crocodiles don't live in North America, and certainly not in Auburn.
I live 3/4 hours from coastal Louisiana and there are tons of alligators here. I’m in the rural areas often and I can’t begin to tell you the number of gators I’ve seen in my life time.

I’ve been following Aniah’s case very closely. I’m an Auburn graduate and from Montgomery so this hits close to home. I live in Atlanta now and saw just this morning on the news a young, beautiful bright female student from Clark Atlanta has been missing since Wed of last week. Her dad had just sent her money before she disappeared. Car and phone still in her apartment. Atlanta is off I-85 about 2 hours north of Auburn. Are we permitted to discuss similarities in the two cases? I’ll try and post a link.
One correction - Alexis’ phone was not found in her apartment.

Police outline days before Clark Atlanta University student went missing

Alexis' phone, identification card and debit card are missing from the residence, police said.

Personally, I don’t think they’re related, but of course could be wrong.

Unfortunately as time goes on, the limited information that has come out leaves me with little hope. A few things that are telling to me about figuring out what actually happened to her:
1. The damage on the wheel-well/fender of her CRV that appears to be a side swipe manner.
2. Confirmation of evidence which confirm she was physically harmed inside the vehicle.

Purely speculation but this leads me to believe that she trusted the person enough to let them inside her car. Whether it was the guy she had previously mentioned possibly meeting to her friends from a dating app or someone near the gas station where she was last seen on camera who pretended to need a ride or money, I think this person was able to earn her trust enough to get in the passenger seat of her vehicle and attacked her when she was driving and in an even more vulnerable state. To me, it seems more likely that the vehicle damage was sustained during this encounter as opposed to a road rage accident gone wrong. Hopefully technology (nearby surveillance, phone records) can steer police in the right direction because the rewards are now over $100k and still no key witnesses have come forward with any substantial information.

Something is still bugging me about the Snapchat conversation. I think it's that she answered her roommate with "I'm with Eric" and then says it's a guy she just met. If you just met someone (which makes it sound like you met them that night), I don't feel like you'd answer someone saying "I'm with (person's name)." If you just met them, there's no way your roommate would know who you were talking about. So why would you just say "I'm with Eric" like they should know who that is?

I feel like I would respond with "I'm hanging out with a guy I just met." IDK it's weird to me. And she didn't say it was a guy she just met until she was prompted by being asked "who is that?" It does make me wonder if she sent those messages IMO.

Also the roommate asked WHERE she was at and she never answered the question. She said WHO she was with instead.

Something is still bugging me about the Snapchat conversation. I think it's that she answered her roommate with "I'm with Eric" and then says it's a guy she just met. If you just met someone (which makes it sound like you met them that night), I don't feel like you'd answer someone saying "I'm with (person's name)." If you just met them, there's no way your roommate would know who you were talking about. So why would you just say "I'm with Eric" like they should know who that is?

I feel like I would respond with "I'm hanging out with a guy I just met." IDK it's weird to me. And she didn't say it was a guy she just met until she was prompted by being asked "who is that?" It does make me wonder if she sent those messages IMO.

Also the roommate asked WHERE she was at and she never answered the question. She said WHO she was with instead.
All of this.

Yes!
Very good analysis and observations. It’s very much in what was said and when. This could be much more telling than anything else. Of course it is just my opinion.

Friends and Family please assign codewords.
I wish it went like this.
RM- Codeword
AB- that way if she did not give the correct Codeword or ignored the request for the Code word, RM, would of immediately known if AB was in danger and red flags and went on alert knowing something was wrong.
Perps have no way of knowing Codeword.
JMO
Safe word.

Yes, I agree! And the way her roommate responded with questions and the ‘wish you would’ve told me bc I was waiting up’ bit make it seem like the two were very close and watched out for each other. I get the feeling that it would be out of character for either to leave the other one hanging.

Exactly this! I said this as soon as I saw the conversation. It’s not a natural response to the question. This makes me wonder if she was trying to give identifying information quickly? It’s also possible that she’s texting and driving, so doesn’t have time for, “this guy at the gas station asked me for a ride home because his car died, I’m doing that and then I’ll be home when I’m done.”

It doesn’t really make me think someone else has her phone (although totally possible) because why would anyone else answer like that either? If you have her phone and you’re trying to cover your tracks and buy time, why not just, “went out with some friends, I’ll probably be out late but I’m fine, thanks for checking!” or something equally less weird?

Summer is a friend. Sarah is her roommate. She was named in the Dateline/NBC piece.
Summer is a friend. Sarah is her roommate. She was named in the Dateline/NBC piece.

gotcha. There is an insane amount of information being withheld. It’s really a matter of why— maybe waiting on other suspects to misstep? However I pray the family is able to stay patient for justice

Would police still give public statements stating that she was "last seen at the chevron" if they had other video of her after this?
Walt says in one interview that the Chevron is the “last time she’s seen alive.” It struck me as odd at the time, but may just be that they can’t help but consider the worst. I do think it means that if she’s on video anywhere after that, though, the family absolutely has not been informed. JMO

the less and less that comes out related to the case is more concerning. there’s no way they don’t have video footage of a human, car, DNA, etc. of an additional person in her car or in the vicinity. making me wonder if it is again way bigger than we realize. God forbid sex trafficking, but I researched and we are of course near i85 (which she traveled) being one of the main connecting routes. I just really pray for answers. This family is suffering, praying for a sense of peace, in whatever way shape or form. I absolutely can’t imagine.

There are no naturally occurring alligators in the area. This is not a swamp. There are not really alligators "all over the South" . They are prevalent in the COASTAL areas. Occasionally there will be one far inland but usually it's because someone let a pet alligator loose. It's definitely a rare thing. Normally away from the coast you do not see alligators in rivers, lakes or ponds. Lee County is 3-4 hours away from the coastal area of Alabama. It's mostly farm land and wooded forests.
There are deer, turkey, and raccoons. Not 100% sure about wild boars but I never heard of any. I doubt they are roaming through the area.
Crocodiles don't live in North America, and certainly not in Auburn.

I don't mean to be rude, but yes, there certainly are alligators all over the deep south. They are in north Mississippi. I know because I see them. They aren't coastal, they thrive in the river and pond systems all over the deep south. We have an alligator hunting season in Mississippi and I have a relative who caught one not far from the MS/AL line very far up north as a part of the legal tag hunt. The wild boars are tearing up the land from Texas on across Mississippi and Alabama. These are irrefutable facts. Do they play into this case? I have no idea.

I don't mean to be rude, but yes, there certainly are alligators all over the deep south. They are in north Mississippi. I know because I see them. They aren't coastal, they thrive in the river and pond systems all over the deep south. We have an alligator hunting season in Mississippi and I have a relative who caught one not far from the MS/AL line very far up north as a part of the legal tag hunt. The wild boars are tearing up the land from Texas on across Mississippi and Alabama. These are irrefutable facts. Do they play into this case? I have no idea.

Alligators are, by far, coastal or in the lower third of most southern states. The Alabama Extension Co-Op clearly states there have been occasions where Alligators have been spotted further north but it’s the exception, not the rule. The water temperature in these areas are not conducive to typical alligator habitat. While some few wanderers may reach areas in north Mississippi and northern Alabama the vast majority do not and that isn’t debatable. Insinuating they thrive in lakes and ponds all over the Deep South is only semi accurate, they thrive all over the Deep South in the southern portions of the coastal states but they do not “thrive” outside of those areas. Any spotted are in those regions are clearly atypical but not impossible. Somehow relating Aniahs demise due to alligators would be an extremely rare situation for this part of Alabama. Not impossible but very rare nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie