Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Libby was wearing a bright colored tye dyed shirt. I would think that could be spotted with the eyes from up top that high bridge for quite a distance when the woods were bare.

Unless she wasnt wearing it any longer. And it was later the bright shirt was later found in the creek...as has been rumored.

Regarding "The Shack".. what peaked my interest is how Mackenzie (Philips) has suffered during childhood under his abusive father and how he eventually poisoned him, when he was only 13 years old! A murderer (justified..?) searching for his daughter's murderer..

ALL IMO

-Nin

Not saying family is involved of course! I am only comparing Mackanzie (from the book/movie) to BG and not any relationship to the victims.

-Nin

Sadly I do not think this case is going to be solved until LE opens themselves up to the possibility that the killer may have come from outside the Delphi, Indiana area and acknowledges that the new sketch they released could be completely wrong. The new sketch released on April 22, 2019 does not look like the man in the video from Liberty German's phone, in my opinion.

I think LE wants to believe they are correct because if they are not correct about location and physical appearance, reality will set in that finding someone who could have come from anywhere without a good physical description and just a grainy video will be a monumental task. That will have to be kind of discouraging to LE as well as everyone following the case.

The one silver lining to this case is the video and audio Liberty German captured with her phone. There will always be the possibility this case could be solved tomorrow because all it takes is someone to look past the sketches released by LE to possibly identify the man on the bridge. In my opinion, that is the only reason this case is not a cold case.

In the article, that is an interesting picture of the Monon High Bridge while it was still a railroad line. It said that it was one of Indiana's 10 most endangered historic sites.

How we know a location is often defined more by our relationship to that location than by the location itself. So maybe the killer is into endangered historical sites? In my opinion he had to come to know about the Monon High Bridge trail somehow, not just because it means he is from the Delphi, Indiana area.

You gotta search for sins of the father Delphi. But dont waste your time. Its just some crappy slideshow...from that weird guy Dexter on Twitter.

Does Dexter even live in Delphi?

I don’t know these people and am not sleuthing them because you can take any dad/son duo and make them look like that grainy video.

Here is an issue to consider. The kid is at college, he will soon be looking for a job, the recruiters will be checking the Inet, and all of a sudden, out of some dark crevices, stuff like .... and son murdered ...in Delphi, will pop up.

And then this Dexter draws a mole on Sketch nr 1 and compares it to the mole on the kid’s face.

There should be some limit.

I don’t know these people and am not sleuthing them because you can take any dad/son duo and make them look like that grainy video.

Here is an issue to consider. The kid is at college, he will soon be looking for a job, the recruiters will be checking the Inet, and all of a sudden, out of some dark crevices, stuff like .... and son murdered ...in Delphi, will pop up.

And then this Dexter draws a mole on Sketch nr 1 and compares it to the mole on the kid’s face.

I agree, this guy's a nut job. He's ruining people's lives. I report those type of videos.

Totally agree. If I was the kid's dad I'd sue the hell out of this nutcase for defamation.

I remember in the Rhoden Family case LE coming forward and saying (paraphrasing) listen, we don't care if you're selling weed, into stolen cars etc... just tell us who killed these people, that's what we want to know. I would think IN LE would be of a similar mindset. It's an interesting senario you've described. What do you think the illegal activity would have been for others with BG to not report the killing of two children?
Making/using meth, maybe in the woods or maybe in the old CPS building. MOO.

I just thought, who could be a serial predator, know many places, live at many places, all over the country, kill several times, and none the wiser?

The former army brat.

Imagine Eric Harris graduating, being rejected by the Marines, and going the SK’s way. How would it look like?

Eric would travel to places where his dad used to be stationed, kill there, and return to Littlejohn, where he’d attend a local community college (absences easier unnoticed than in a private college). The murders would have no logical geographical connection, because who would link all these bases his dad used to be stationed at?

Also, the military are one group of people who may be not local at all and yet accepted without suspicion, because it is in the people’s mentality, thank you for your service. Furthermore, if the family moves, it, too, might be unnoticed.

So if we are thinking of a kid who attended school in Delphi (of Eric’s type, pretty and nice, but unnoticed because he was a new kid on the block), and then moved away, and was unnoticed, and whom no one can remember. I’d ask if there was an army brat attending Delphi school once upon a time. Such a person should be on the other end of the age spectrum, closer to 35. And check where he moved after that, and if there were any murders/disappearances there.

I am not a local, but just an idea.
I think that is a good theory. What bases are near Delphi, have you researched that?

Unless she wasnt wearing it any longer. And it was later the bright shirt was later found in the creek...as has been rumored.

Hi STrav!
I have never heard that a bright shirt was found in the river. It could be an important clue (possible motive?), if true. Was the rumor addressed by MSM, or just on social media platforms? Is there an approved link you can provide?

Making/using meth, maybe in the woods or maybe in the old CPS building. MOO.
Would these two little girls even have known what making meth looked like for any makers to be concerned? The phone they had wasn't taken either. I don't know, I still am leaning to the girls having been targeted online somehow. I wonder if they disclosed their plans for that day on social media.

I just thought, who could be a serial predator, know many places, live at many places, all over the country, kill several times, and none the wiser?

The former army brat.

Imagine Eric Harris graduating, being rejected by the Marines, and going the SK’s way. How would it look like?

Eric would travel to places where his dad used to be stationed, kill there, and return to Littlejohn, where he’d attend a local community college (absences easier unnoticed than in a private college). The murders would have no logical geographical connection, because who would link all these bases his dad used to be stationed at?

Also, the military are one group of people who may be not local at all and yet accepted without suspicion, because it is in the people’s mentality, thank you for your service. Furthermore, if the family moves, it, too, might be unnoticed.

So if we are thinking of a kid who attended school in Delphi (of Eric’s type, pretty and nice, but unnoticed because he was a new kid on the block), and then moved away, and was unnoticed, and whom no one can remember. I’d ask if there was an army brat attending Delphi school once upon a time. Such a person should be on the other end of the age spectrum, closer to 35. And check where he moved after that, and if there were any murders/disappearances there.

Grissom Air Reserve Base is not very far from Delphi. Up until about 1994, it was an active AFB. It was originally named Bunker Hill AFB. The base was renamed Grissom in honor of the Purdue alum and NASA astronaut Gus Grissom who died in the Apollo 1 fire in 1967. There is also a building at Purdue named after him.

From Wikipedia: Grissom Air Reserve Base - Wikipedia
"It is home to the largest KC-135R Stratotanker wing in the Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC), plus units from the United States Army Reserve and also the US Marine Corps Reserve. The host unit is the 434th Air Refueling Wing (434 ARW), the "Hoosier Wing", which consists of three major groups and a variety of squadrons and flights. The wing develops and maintains the operational capability of its units and train reservists for worldwide duty, with the wing operationally-gained by the Air Mobility Command (AMC). Training consists of flight operations, deployments, and weekday and weekend training.[2] ( Red typeface added by me.)

Other organizations located at Grissom ARB include the U.S. Army Reserve's A Company, 1st Battalion, 330th Infantry Regiment; 316th Tactical Psychological Operations Company; Detachment 1, 855th Quartermaster Company; and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve's Marine Corps Reserve Center Grissom and Detachment 1, Communications Company, 4th Marine Logistics Group. "

Last edited:
Hi STrav!
I have never heard that a bright shirt was found in the river. It could be an important clue (possible motive?), if true. Was the rumor addressed by MSM, or just on social media platforms? Is there an approved link you can provide?

Ive never come across any rumor that indicated what piece of clothing was found in the water...just that a piece or pieces were found there.

I was just connecting dots, as to why, possibly, her bright shirt didnt attract searchers.

No approved source that I could post here.

Totally agree. If I was the kid's dad I'd sue the hell out of this nutcase for defamation.

The problem is, a sketch is a sketch. All it tells me is that the person looks much younger than OBG.

It can not be used to convict people. Maybe people living in Delphi can see some similarities. But before one even starts considering them, the obvious questions are, what about the gait? The voice? The motive?

LE in this case sort of did the opposite MOO. They said something along the lines of if in the course of investigating tips they found other crimes they were making arrests. I did a quick search but couldn't find it but I'm sure some posters know what I'm talking about and can probably find it. I'll keep looking, too.
I remember this, too. An LE spokesperson basically said they had an obligation to make an arrest. I believe the media even gave a figure of how many arrests had been make and it was over a dozen. Yeah, that really encourages someone to call in a tip.

This is a thought I've had for a while now. This could have been one of just a few visits by this killer since he moved away. Perhaps something happened in his life recently such as a divorce - i.e., a 'trigger' - and he was off that day from work on a day time road trip. He is in the general area and remembers his time there and decides to detour over to Delphi. Murder is committed and he hasn't been back since. Locals would have a difficult time trying to connect a 25 to 35 year old to a former 13 or 14 year old who was in Delphi over a decade earlier based on that sketch.

Thank you! :)
There is a bit about it in the scanner thread. Link is in post 1 on every thread. There is also a MSM article by J Kyle Keener too. I will come back and edit this post to give the scanner post # and try to find the MSM link.

ETA The scanner post is #205 on page 11. There are several posts about it but scanner info cannot be brought up to MT.

UPDATED: Delphi homicide victim recorded, photographed suspect on her phone

See if this link is the correct one. It won't load for me as I am in Europe so if someone could copy and paste the relevant bit into a post that would be useful. I will then stick the link and the copied bit in the media thread for the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member