Identified! CA - Merced County, body found near fwy 99, Apr 2019 - Nicole Stefanie Newbold

Dead body found on shoulder of Highway 99 in Merced County leaves mystery to unravel

CALIFORNIA
Dead body found on shoulder of Highway 99 in Merced County leaves mystery to unravel
BY SHAWN JANSEN

Read more here: Dead body found on shoulder of Highway 99 in Merced County leaves mystery to unravel

The Merced County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the scene where a woman’s body was found along Highway 99 in Delhi.

California Highway Patrol officers responded to a call at 1:05 p.m. of a dead body just off the southbound lane about 1 mile south of the South Avenue interchange, according to CHP public information officer Eric Zuniga.

It appears that the body had been there for at least a day, Zuniga said Saturday afternoon. “Right now we don’t know if she was hit or if the body was just dumped there.” He said a forensics team and the coroner will help determine when and how the woman died.

Read more here: Dead body found on shoulder of Highway 99 in Merced County leaves mystery to unravel

Such a strange place to dump a body. The traffic on southbound 99 almost always slows down to a crawl through Delhi and Livingston with lots of trucks in the right lane who can see even further than the average driver in a car. I really doubt she was crossing the 99 on foot and got hit either. There is nothing to cross over to other than some sort of feed processing plant and lots of farm land beyond.

It certainly seems she was left where she would be seen/found quickly.
Where is the closest truck stop from that location?

It certainly seems she was left where she would be seen/found quickly.
Where is the closest truck stop from that location?
A couple of miles to the south is a big TA Travel Center truck stop and a few miles to the north is a rest area that is always packed with trucks.

A couple of miles to the south is a big TA Travel Center truck stop and a few miles to the north is a rest area that is always packed with trucks.
My guess is that she was picked up at either location. If she was a regular, she should be quickly identified by researching that IWT.

amateur opinion and speculation

I don’t get how she could be hit at 1:06 pm and not be seen by dozens of motorists to include trucks. 99 is packed with trucks during the daytime and at night. It’s a major shipping lane for all the produce leaving the Central Valley. I wonder if the time is correct although there must be video of the accident for them to know the exact time she was hit.

ok so i grew up literally on the side of 99 in madera. my moms house faces the bridge over the fresno river by the madera fairgrounds. 99 is highly travelled but there are lulls in traffic. its plausible she was hit by a lone car and then cars came a few min later that didn't see her. especially in Delhi, there isn't much out there and only 2 lanes i believe. all it takes is one big rig to be passing another to cause a lull.

orrrr... maybe she was tossed out of this car?

also... i think i read in a link she was hit in the evening but i didn't post that link. let me see if i can find it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back