TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a sodomy charge listed as well...does make one think prison, if one has to think about it at all. Ugh!
How does he get out of prison for aping another person;
Should have had extra time added to time being served and toss his a$$ into solitary confinement...
He obviously was not deterred from criminal acts inside or outside of prison...

BBM

Kleberg County Sheriff’s Office officials said they are investigating scores of leads in the case. District Attorney John Hubert said Tuesday that they are still unraveling Williams’s role in what happened.

“We’re getting so many leads and so many different avenues that we have to track down and go through that we haven’t actually completed with all the evidence that we have on hand at this time,” he said. “So I hesitate to say that this is all — that this is what we’re charging him.”

Williams is being held on $1 million bond, according to sheriff's office records.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...police-caught-someone-else-driving-their-car/

I hope this isn't a situation where a woman with a child is determined to be less culpable because she is female or has given birth. Women want equality in all things, and criminal prosecutions should generously recognize that she is equally responsible for the murders and theft.

I hope this isn't a situation where a woman with a child is determined to be less culpable because she is female or has given birth. Women want equality in all things, and criminal prosecutions should generously recognize that she is equally responsible for the murders and theft.
If the evidence shows she is just as guilty I feel confident she will get what the law allows. Unless they are guilty of other crimes or he and she is singing like a bird.

I think it's a matter of time. What needs to be determined is that he killed the Butlers rather than only stealing their vehicles, that she helped him in either or both..or even whether she was coerced by him being a danger to her and her daughter as well, which I personally doubt is the case. If they are both charged with murder, I don't see any differences in proceedings.

Plus I believe the child is her daughter with her ex-husband and who knows what custody arrangements there might be, whether she was supposed to have the little girl, and even since she exposed this child to extreme danger, that will not bode well. IMO

First Look: Adam Curtis Williams' arrest affidavit released

" ...Investigators observed body camera footage of a traffic stop on Malequite Beach in which a Park Ranger stopped a vehicle belonging to Adam Curtis Williams. He was issued a citation for not wearing a seat belt."

"Kleberg County Sheriff's Office contacted wrecker services in hopes of finding Williams' truck. It was learned that his truck had been found abandoned in the parking lot of Weber Bingo. The wrecker service said they had received calls about it from Weber Bingo on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Oct. 17-19. The truck was towed away on Saturday, Oct. 19."

"Authorities also learned that a Padre Island Camping Registration form had been filled out by a Tori Williams with a Utah driver's license, listing a silver truck and tan trailer as their vehicles."

I am guessing one will turn on the other, likely the one who did not pull the trigger will sing like a canary for a plea deal for a lesser sentence. My guess is that would be her and that has nothing to do with her being a woman or a mother. The courts just don't determine women with children to be less culpable because they are female or have given birth IMO.

I think it's a matter of time. What needs to be determined is that he killed the Butlers rather than only stealing their vehicles, that she helped him in either or both..or even whether she was coerced by him being a danger to her and her daughter as well, which I personally doubt is the case. If they are both charged with murder, I don't see any differences in proceedings.

Plus I believe the child is her daughter with her ex-husband and who knows what custody arrangements there might be, whether she was supposed to have the little girl, and even since she exposed this child to extreme danger, that will not bode well. IMO

There's a lot of discussion about the male suspect and his criminal history, his appearance, and his connection to the murders. Obviously if she was with him at the time of the murders and fled with him to Mexico, she is also guilty of the murders.

What has not been said is that perhaps she wanted a nicer vehicle, she murdered the victims, she stole the vehicles and perhaps he was forced to flee to Mexico with her. I would like to see some equality where anything said about him is also said about her. Being female should not include the consideration that the unfortunate, vulnerable adult female with child might have been a victim when committing two murders and fleeing the country.

" ...Investigators observed body camera footage of a traffic stop on Malequite Beach in which a Park Ranger stopped a vehicle belonging to Adam Curtis Williams. He was issued a citation for not wearing a seat belt."

"Kleberg County Sheriff's Office contacted wrecker services in hopes of finding Williams' truck. It was learned that his truck had been found abandoned in the parking lot of Weber Bingo. The wrecker service said they had received calls about it from Weber Bingo on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Oct. 17-19. The truck was towed away on Saturday, Oct. 19."

"Authorities also learned that a Padre Island Camping Registration form had been filled out by a Tori Williams with a Utah driver's license, listing a silver truck and tan trailer as their vehicles."
"found abandoned in the parking lot of Weber Bingo"
Oh, of course! :p

What does that mean? The Utah couple registered for the camp site using the victim's vehicles? Do we know what date they filled out the registration form?

James-Michelle-Butler-2-AP.jpg

Texas deputies say missing New Hampshire couple was murdered, RV stolen

"The Butlers were believed to be in their four-door 2018 Silver Chevrolet 2500 pickup truck, bearing license plate No. 3738968, which was towing a Cedar Creek RV with New Hampshire license plate No. T533534. "​

Bodies found on South Texas beach are that of missing NH couple, homicide investigation underway

There's a lot of discussion about the male suspect and his criminal history, his appearance, and his connection to the murders. Obviously if she was with him at the time of the murders and fled with him to Mexico, she is also guilty of the murders.

What has not been said is that perhaps she wanted a nicer vehicle, she murdered the victims, she stole the vehicles and perhaps he was forced to flee to Mexico with her. I would like to see some equality where anything said about him is also said about her. Being female should not include the consideration that the unfortunate, vulnerable adult female with child might have been a victim when committing two murders and fleeing the country.
I see your point...sort of. Equality in all things. However, looking at the size of him and the facial expressions, and reading his past criminal record, I still see him as the murderer. Perhaps she did put him up to it though. Depends on how much he was entrapped by her and willing to do whatever for her. I do NOT see her as a victim.

How does he get out of prison for aping another person;
Should have had extra time added to time being served and toss his a$$ into solitary confinement...
He obviously was not deterred from criminal acts inside or outside of prison...

he would have, i don't think that offense occurred in prison, it was just asked whether it was.

I see your point...sort of. Equality in all things. However, looking at the size of him and the facial expressions, and reading his past criminal record, I still see him as the murderer. Perhaps she did put him up to it though. Depends on how much he was entrapped by her and willing to do whatever for her. I do NOT see her as a victim.

I think it's quite likely that the two suspects conspired together to trap the victims and murder them. Two suspects, two victims - no reason to think that one suspect shot both victims.

What does that mean? The Utah couple registered for the camp site using the victim's vehicles? Do we know what date they filled out the registration form?

James-Michelle-Butler-2-AP.jpg

Texas deputies say missing New Hampshire couple was murdered, RV stolen

"The Butlers were believed to be in their four-door 2018 Silver Chevrolet 2500 pickup truck, bearing license plate No. 3738968, which was towing a Cedar Creek RV with New Hampshire license plate No. T533534. "​

Bodies found on South Texas beach are that of missing NH couple, homicide investigation underway

thy don't say what date this Tori Williams completed the registration. that would be helpful.

I think it's quite likely that the two suspects conspired together to trap the victims and murder them. Two suspects, two victims - no reason to think that one suspect shot both victims.
Could definitely be the case. I was hopeful that she actually was somewhere else with her daughter when the murders occurred. I do see her as being part of the decision.

thy don't say what date this Tori Williams completed the registration. that would be helpful.

I'm wondering if the Butlers sent the text about camping on the beach. We know they checked out of the RV park, and hopefully it has been confirmed that it was the Butlers who checked out. If the female suspect registered their vehicles to camp on the beach, that would have been October 14? A text was sent - was that October 16?

I'm half wondering if they were kidnapped on October 14 at the time they were checking out of the RV park. Maybe the two couples became friends and drove down the beach together, but the Butlers did not intend to camp there. Things went wrong, and their vehicles were then registered as belonging to the Utah couple.

I suppose I'm trying to figure out when this started and whether the Butlers were on the beach by choice.

So she filled out a false report claiming the Butler’s silver truck and camper were hers.

And their vehicle was abandoned.

So LE at least has her for felony robbery, carjacking.

So she filled out a false report claiming the Butler’s silver truck and camper were hers.

And their vehicle was abandoned.

So LE at least has her for felony robbery, carjacking.

that is not clear by the news released. we don't know what date she registered or what color their vehicle is. i am interested in knowing that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member