TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking for the media link to be able to link the Chevrolet Silverado Williams was driving. I don't want to get in trouble for posting it, so I wait....;)
Here you go:

Two people in custody in connection to Butler double murder case

Action 10 News obtained Williams' arrest affidavit and found he was pulled over prior to reports that the Butler's were missing.
According to the arrest affidavit, Williams was pulled over on Oct.13 by a park ranger one mile south of the Malaquite Beach Pavilion on Padre Island.
Despite reportedly having warrants out of Utah -- the park ranger let Williams go with a warning citation for not wearing a seat belt.
At that time, Williams was driving a gray Chevy Silverado truck with Utah plates.

New mugshot at link:

Adam Williams, tied to James Butler, Michelle Butler deaths, caught

“A Utah man wanted in connection with the missing New Hampshire couple found buried at a Texas beach is back on U.S. soil after being apprehended in Mexico.

Adam Curtis Williams, 33, was booked into the Kleberg County jail in South Texas about 10 p.m. Wednesday on suspicion of felony theft of service and assault on a peace officer. His bond was set at $1 million, according to online records.

Sheriff's officials are planning a Thursday news conference. Amanda Noverr has been named a person of interest in the case. It wasn't clear if she too had been found in Mexico.”

—-

Williams in Kleberg Co. Jail, bond set for $1M

“Members of James and Michelle Butler's family confirmed Williams' arrest in the state of Jalisco, Mexico, Wednesday afternoon. Kleberg Co. Chief Deputy Jaime Garza told KRIS Communications that Williams' had been extradited from Mexico to Houston on Wednesday.

Garza said Williams was flown to Houston, where he appeared before a magistrate and then was transported to the Kleberg Co. Jail.”

Omg, if he hadn’t been allowed to bond out these people would still be alive.

I've been wondering why Adam Williams was arrested / extradited right away and there was a delay with Amanda Noverr. Is it because there were clear photos of Adam driving the stolen vehicle, and it was more challenging to prove that Amanda was in the vehicle?

Here you go:

Two people in custody in connection to Butler double murder case

Action 10 News obtained Williams' arrest affidavit and found he was pulled over prior to reports that the Butler's were missing.
According to the arrest affidavit, Williams was pulled over on Oct.13 by a park ranger one mile south of the Malaquite Beach Pavilion on Padre Island.
Despite reportedly having warrants out of Utah -- the park ranger let Williams go with a warning citation for not wearing a seat belt.
At that time, Williams was driving a gray Chevy Silverado truck with Utah plates.
Yes, but the media didn't include the plate number which is in the warrant so not sure I'm allowed to post the info from the plate number

I've been wondering why Adam Williams was arrested / extradited right away and there was a delay with Amanda Noverr. Is it because there were clear photos of Adam driving the stolen vehicle, and it was more challenging to prove that Amanda was in the vehicle?
Maybe because she had the child with her so they were working out those logistics?

Yes, but the media didn't include the plate number which is in the warrant so not sure I'm allowed to post the info from the plate number
I think the statement that the plates were from Utah is at least enough to distinguish it from the Butler's NH plates and truck. IMO

Probably, again IMO, MSM wouldn't post plate number. Not sure about that though.

Great timeline on that website (see above link)! Second last point mentions withholding cause of death.
  • October 15: Checked out of Padre Balli Campground at noon.
  • October 15: Last Facebook post was setting up on Burners Beach near Corpus Christi, Texas
  • October 15: Michelle last spoke to her son.
  • October 16: Last known text, around.
  • October 16: The couple’s phones were turned off
  • October 17: Missed a scheduled Facetime with their granddaughter to see her open a package they sent from Flour Bluff.
  • October 19: Camper last seen on Burners Beach without their truck.
  • October 21: RV and truck were gone. GPS devices could not detect their vehicles.
  • October 21: Truck and RV are seen crossing the border into Mexico through the checkpoint in Eagle Pass. The man driving was NOT James Butler – This is not know by LE or family until days later.
  • October 23: At approximately 8a.m. a missing person’s report was filed on the couple.
  • October 23: A Kleberg County deputy went to Padre Balli Park, where the couple was last seen, and learned that they had rented RV space at the park from Monday, Sept. 30, to Monday, Oct. 14.
  • October 23: They learned that the Butlers were traveling in a 2018 silver truck and were pulling a white Cedar Creek RV.
  • October 27: Two bodies are found in a shallow grave, buried in the sand, where the Butlers were camping. The remains are severely decomposed and the Sheriff is hesitant to say who it is.
  • November 1: Authorities reported that the bodies were indeed the Butlers. They are not releasing the cause of death because it was an important part of their investigation.
  • November 4: Kleberg County finally released a photo from the surveillance footage, showing a man and woman driving the truck across the border.

One of the links earlier today mentioned that the cause of death was withheld because it is important to the investigation. I don't know what that means.
They probably don't want to reveal things that only the perp would know.

I am guessing the Butlers were shot. The reason I suspect that is because when LE was looking for Williams, they said he was "armed and dangerous". I am not sure how they knew he was armed. One way they could know that was if the victims were shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆