Fireworks warning

OMG T-Rex.....that is some injury:eek: Due to similar accidents happening in Australia fireworks are not available to the public ,only if you do a course to obtain a pyrotechnics ticket can you buy fireworks here.......even then there are stringent laws as to when and where they can be let off.

Just reiterating the GRAPHIC warning!!! I have a pretty strong stomach and it gave me the heebie jeebies!!

hey i TOLD that med student to put the camera phone away ... j/k

OMG T-Rex.....that is some injury:eek: Due to similar accidents happening in Australia fireworks are not available to the public ,only if you do a course to obtain a pyrotechnics ticket can you buy fireworks here.......even then there are stringent laws as to when and where they can be let off.

Here, Dingo, it's left to individual states and localities. Personal fireworks were illegal in Florida when I was a kid, so the nearest place one could get then was in George (400 miles away). Now, they are illegal in my town, but sold openly in the next town, a half-mile away.

Needless to say, this system doesn't do much to prevent injuries and fires.

But anything is better than people shooting their guns in the air, which is a big problem in some cities.

Hi Nova.
We have a nation wide ban on illegal firework displays which has only been in place for the last few years.......it seems to be working well.....touchwood.
People shoot guns in the air in your cities:eek: ......here youre lucky to own a gun let alone being able to shoot it in the air.......that would lead to big big jail time if caught.

I love professional fireworks displays, but the home use kind has always given me the jitters.

Maybe from the time that my parents caught my otherwise well-behaved and intelligent brother and friend (around 10-12) just in the nick of time as they dipped sparklers in gasoline to see if they'd REALLY spark! :eek:

Too many horror stories. Leave them to the pros.

Hi Nova.
We have a nation wide ban on illegal firework displays which has only been in place for the last few years.......it seems to be working well.....touchwood.
People shoot guns in the air in your cities:eek: ......here youre lucky to own a gun let alone being able to shoot it in the air.......that would lead to big big jail time if caught.

It leads to jail time here, too, but catching people is the hard part. It was a huge tradition in Los Angeles to shoot guns in the air on New Year's Eve and several people were killed by falling bullets every year. (The greater L.A. to San Diego metro area has a population roughly that of Australia.)

But after a big public relations campaign, the practice seems less popular these days.

I wish they would have put a ban on fireworks this year. Even the so called "safe and sane" variety. The fire danger is just so great this year. We've had about 2 inches of rain during our winter rain season. California is a tinderbox!

I love professional fireworks displays, but the home use kind has always given me the jitters.

Maybe from the time that my parents caught my otherwise well-behaved and intelligent brother and friend (around 10-12) just in the nick of time as they dipped sparklers in gasoline to see if they'd REALLY spark! :eek:

Congrats, angelmom, you made me gasp out loud. Doesn't happen too often.

:eek: indeed!

I wish they would have put a ban on fireworks this year. Even the so called "safe and sane" variety. The fire danger is just so great this year. We've had about 2 inches of rain during our winter rain season. California is a tinderbox!

It's supposed to be 116 degrees here that day. They oughta ban fireworks AND make everyone stay inside.

It's supposed to be 116 degrees here that day. They oughta ban fireworks AND make everyone stay inside.

Man, oh man!! That's hot!! We're supposed to go to a party in Granada Hills and I hear that it's going to be about 105+ up that way...

Stay cool, Nova.

Man, oh man!! That's hot!! We're supposed to go to a party in Granada Hills and I hear that it's going to be about 105+ up that way...

Stay cool, Nova.

You, too. We can see the city fireworks from our pool. That's where we'll be watching. LOL.

I used to watch the fireworks at the Rose Bowl every year when I lived in Pasadena. They would have fire trucks all around the stadium rushing around putting out the brush fires.
I saw a quick report on the news this morning regarding the infamous RB display this year. They sprayed down all the surrounding brush with a flame retardent and there are some limitations as to where people can watch. It is a huge show, and the RB is surrounded by dry brush and hillsides.
They are going to keep it from going up in flames they say. I thought they might cancel but no way.

http://www.knx1070.com/pages/623955.php?contentType=4&contentId=645020

We have stuff in our pool that puts a purple ring around you if you go wee wees in the pool........thats what we tell the kids who swim in it anyway......one of our friends kids told us one day that the purple stuff doesnt work:p

I wish they would ban all kinds but professional shows here in Fla, especially this year. It's hardly rained at all and we've had lots of brush fires.

Plus, some of our neighbors like to shoot them off all night, which is what they did last year. Every batch set every dog in the neighborhood to barking, including ours.

We finally had to call the cops because the fireworks were landing on my car's roof, which is cloth! Not to mention on top of the roof and everywhere else.

Silly KrisNine... EVERYONE knows you're not supposed to "go" in the pool!!

:D
We have a sign for our pool that says:
We don't swim in your toilet
So, please don't pee in our pool :D

It leads to jail time here, too, but catching people is the hard part. It was a huge tradition in Los Angeles to shoot guns in the air on New Year's Eve and several people were killed by falling bullets every year. (The greater L.A. to San Diego metro area has a population roughly that of Australia.)

But after a big public relations campaign, the practice seems less popular these days.
What idiots to fire guns like that and what a random way to be killed.
Its a big day here in OZ as apparently the first baby born today will put our population at the 21 million mark......

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back