CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot agree more - and we still have what? 60? More witnesses ? Holy cripe how many people did he talk to? I’m believing that DA And company found every single person he ever whispered anything to regarding KB
I. can’t . Wait.
JMO
(But am glad court is closed Monday I need to catch up on my other cases)

Not to mention do some laundry!

Has everyone else been eating fast food?!

It seems that they are moving pretty briskly through the witnesses, though. High-profile murder cases can be fairly long and drawn out. This seems to be an exception. Monday is Veteran's Day, so the trial might stretch into the week of the 18th. They will easily finish up well ahead of Thanksgiving, IMHO.
GOOD I hope his Karma arrives right before Thanksgiving Day.

ug. does anyone think he has killed anyone else?
Yes.
I don't think he knew her well enough when he moved her out to Colorado. She was reserved, quiet, and kind and he likely thought she was vulnerable.
They were only together for a few months before she got pregnant.
That's not long enough to truly get to know someone.

Once he realized she was intelligent and becoming more independent he probably realized he could not control and manipulate her so easily.
I'm guessing that made him angry and resentful.
He was likely furious when her parents bought her the condo.

Maybe she was starting to stand up to him. They probably argued about how to raise the baby.
Maybe she didn't adore him as much as when they first met.
Or maybe he just lost interest in her soon after the baby was born.

Either way, I think he knew there was no way she was going to let him have custody. No way he could get around having to pay her child support.
So he decided the only option was to get rid of her.

Imo

And maybe there's still something to be learned about his father's will and the grandchildren.

I still think that's coming right at the end as the big motive.

It seems that they are moving pretty briskly through the witnesses, though. High-profile murder cases can be fairly long and drawn out. This seems to be an exception. Monday is Veteran's Day, so the trial might stretch into the week of the 18th. They will easily finish up well ahead of Thanksgiving, IMHO.
And I bet a lot of us would love nothing more than to hear the verdict or PF to be sentenced on the 22nd. It would be karma.

Because most people just can't believe someone is serious, not just blowing off steam or talking $h*!. I knew someone years ago who tended bar and heard this guy going on how he was going to kill his estranged girlfriend. Weeks later he shot her coming out of her house. The bartender felt awful, but I lived in that town at the time and I don't believe LE could have or maybe would have done anything. moo
I know of a situations too.
Blowing steem off is a good analogy.
People just talked cr@p!!
Who would believe they would really do it......

Friend testifies Frazee said, ‘I figured out a way to kill her’

SABBM:

Julie Nash, who co-owns Nash Ranch, told May that she leased grazing rights to Frazee and that he had a lease for the area, including the barn, as well as a key to the ranch, in November 2018. Nash said nobody else was leasing the ranch at the time and that she knew Frazee kept items in the barn, including a tractor and hay.

May then called Elizabeth Police Department Office Mike Hurst, who also previously worked for the Teller County Sheriff’s Office and who specializes in working with K-9s – including bloodhounds, tracker dogs and cadaver dogs.

Hurst introduced his 140-pound bloodhound cadaver dog, Radar, who is trained to detect human decomposition and can pick up scents from a body, fluids, and other human remains.
Hurst said he and Radar have spent more than 5,000 hours training and have been in the field to find bodies or scents 30-40 times. Radar has never had a false hit, Hurst testified.

Radar searched around the tractor and around the barn and showed interest in some of the hay bales inside the barn, Hurst said.

He said Radar sat after he smelled the hay bales again near the bottom of them, which indicated a positive hit for the smell of human decomposition.
Hurst said he saw stains on the top of the 12-foot hay bales, so he decided to get on top of them.

Prosecutors showed a picture of the top of the hale bale taken on Dec. 21, showing indented hay that was discolored – brown or possibly dark red – and which looked wet. Hurst said that spot is where Radar indicated again once he and Hurst were atop the hay bale.

It's not just what KK said on the stand that's critical to the prosecution case, though.

KK actually led the DA to a voluminous amount of information which he would not have known had she not cooperated.

The sweetie beauty of a deal was the price for her cooperation.

KK's cooperation has led to many of these Bombshells being dropped on PF's head.

For example, much of the forensic evidence, i.e., tooth, discolored hay bale, etc., was recovered only because KK told LE where to look for them.

KK also gave context to the evidence that the DA already had in his possession, i.e., cell phone pings, etc.

She was able to take the pieces and assemble them into a cohesive, sequential account, not just random facts that didn't tie together.

The DA is a brilliant man.
He wouldn't have made the deal with KK if he calculated the deal wasn't necessary.

Here's what I said back in March about this subject:
CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #49 *ARREST*

I still stand by these words.

JMO.

I wholly agree. As much as we rightfully dislike KK for her part in this heinous crime, and ESPECIALLY for not telling anyone of her knowledge that he was planning to kill Kelsey, thankfully she decided to cooperate. I don’t care what her motives for cooperating were, either. At least she did it, and the evidence she gave is a huge reason why PF will spend the rest of his tomorrows in prison, and why sweet Baby K won’t be forced with growing up being raised by her father that killed her mother but got off because he did a good job getting rid of the body. We all know that it is much harder to get someone on a murder charge without a body.

We can hate her parts of this tragedy, but still be willing to acknowledge her contribution to the case.

I still do not understand why he hated her- she did not have to move to CO, bear his child, etc. She had a good family, a good job.... what was the whole point of this? he invited her out there and commenced a relationship with her. he could have just had his affair with KK. why all this hatred and violence? I will never get it.
It's the narc cycle...she is queen, then devalued, then discarded. It's what they do..over and over. He did it to ex-gf in jail, he did it to KK (ultimate discarding part would have been her taking the hit for KBs murder) and he did it to KB.

I got caught up here and go to the web to read some things, what's the first thing I read? o_O
An inmate says his life sentence has been served after he momentarily died and was revived
  • By Dakin Andone, CNN
  • Updated 11 hrs ago | Posted on Nov 8, 2019
I think I'll go to bed, I've heard enough today!

Thank you all for being there!

what bothers me about the tooth at KB’s home....PF was in such a rage , eventually chasing poor KB around and mad she lived as long as she did...how in the heck did he know that a tooth was in the vent....did he see it fly, did he walk around looking at his trophy mess....who goes and looks for a tooth in a vent? Did he plant it for KK to retrieve to see if she followed his instructions? I guess people like him...just more proof how evil he is...
Maybe he saw it was missing from her mouth, couldn't find it because it went behind the cedar chest and assumed it was in the vent?

@srg - good to see you here. Do you have an opinion of KK to share with us? Thanks.
Yes, I have an opinion about KK. She is a still alive victim of brutal emotional, mental and what sounds like some physical abuse by Patrick. She should still be held accountable for failing to report Patrick’s solicitation for murder attempts, and for her involvement with the post murder clean up. I have believed her story from day 1 because of clear indications Patrick was a psychopath. As a victim of Patrick’s tactics, she must have acted as victims do: comply with actions against her own morals in order to live and keep Patrick from killing her loved ones. It’s an impossible lose-lose situation to be in.

I wholly agree. As much as we rightfully dislike KK for her part in this heinous crime, and ESPECIALLY for not telling anyone of her knowledge that he was planning to kill Kelsey, thankfully she decided to cooperate. I don’t care what her motives for cooperating were, either. At least she did it, and the evidence she gave is a huge reason why PF will spend the rest of his tomorrows in prison, and why sweet Baby K won’t be forced with growing up being raised by her father that killed her mother but got off because he did a good job getting rid of the body. We all know that it is much harder to get someone on a murder charge without a body.

We can hate her parts of this tragedy, but still be willing to acknowledge her contribution to the case.
And now we know someone else knew of the intent to kill much earlier and did nothing ...

NOV 8, 2019
Friend testifies Frazee said, ‘I figured out a way to kill her’
[...]

FBI Special Agent Donald Peterson, who works on the Safe Streets Task Force, was the next witness called to the stand. He was also a team leader for the search team.

[...]

He explained how they used hand tools and brushes to remove the dirt and other material Frazee allegedly covered the burn area with to expose a plastic crust in the soil.

He was shown several pictures of the plastic crust and explained how investigators sifted other material that was in the burn pit, and said the way the plastic melted, it appeared to form into the shape of the metal trough.

[...]

May then called FBI Special Agent Stephanie Benitiz to the witness stand, who was involved in the Dec. 14 and 15 searches of Frazee’s home and has special training in searches.

She said they found an ornament and the box it came with that Berreth’s brother had previously testified he sent to [Baby K], as well as paperwork about ownership of a horse with Kenney’s name on it.

She said that there were signs that a child lived there, but few toys at the home. She also testified that the home did not appear safe for a toddler, as there were sharp edges, a hot burning stove in the center of the house with no child gates around it and chemicals around the house.

[...]

She, as did Peterson, also discussed the different consistencies of the soil in the burn area and mentioned finding the partial tooth.

Benitiz said she thought that was significant: “It was a tooth at a site that we had been briefed on where a body had possibly been burned.”

[...]

Moore testified he first met Frazee when Frazee was between 10 and 13 years old when Frazee was riding horses, that he’s been to Fremont County to help Frazee with his cattle and that he’d known Frazee for 20 or 21 years. ...

[...]

In court Friday, he said Frazee had “so much going for him.” Moore said he sometimes called him his step-kid. Through tears in court, Moore testified: “You just don’t want picture somebody that you’ve known this long and trusted – you just don’t want to think that they could do something like this.”

[...]

Moore said the first time he met Berreth was at a ranch around November 2016, when she was helping move Frazee’s calves. ...

“He berated her horribly,” Moore said. “He yelled at her, cussed at her, just terribly.”

[...]

During a trip to shoe horses, Moore said Frazee said he was having trouble with somebody and told them that “kids go missing all the time from playgrounds and schoolyards.” Moore said he told him he shouldn’t say those things, though Frazee said he was kidding.

Moore said that on April 26, 2018, the two were running their bulls on another ranch. Moore said he asked Frazee how things were going with “[Baby K’s] mom,” which Moore said is how Frazee referred to Berreth.

“He said, ‘I figured out a way to kill her,’” Moore testified, “And I went, ‘Don’t even talk about things like that. Get that s--- out of your head.’ He just kind of grinned and said, ‘No body, no crime, right?'”

[...]

During that summer, Moore said, Frazee told him about how he had people spying on or watching Berreth and taking pictures of her because he said he wanted to sue her for custody of [Baby K].

[...]

Moore said he brought up a line from the movie he thought was funny at the time: “Women: Can’t live with ‘em, can’t kill ‘em.”

He said he told the joke to Frazee, laughing lightheartedly. But he said Frazee responded: “Not so. No body, no crime.” Moore said he blew it off as a joke.

[...]

After the FBI took Frazee’s phone in December, he met with Moore in Woodland Park and asked to use his phone to make a call on Dec. 4, 2018. Moore said the call lasted 5 minutes, 58 seconds, according to his cell.

[...]

“If I get arrested — because they’ve taken my phone — I’m going to have my friend here call you and it will be from this phone number so come and get these horses,” Frazee said over the phone, according to Moore.

Moore said the area code for the number was 208, which indicates an Idaho number. He said he never talked to the person Frazee called that day.

[...]

During one of their trips down to Westcliffe to take care of cattle there in December 2018, Frazee mentioned to Moore than Berreth’s blood could be on him. He said she had a nosebleed and put her head in his lap, so he got blood on his pants, shirt and boots.

“Do you think they’ll be able to find any of that even though it’s all been washed?” Frazee asked, according to Moore.

[...]

Frazee said during one call with Moore that their conversation “was being recorded” but he felt like he needed to ask if anything was “disrupted by the red barn” which Moore understood as the red barn at Nash Ranch. Moore said no, and Frazee said, “Oh, alright, just curious.” This phone call had indeed been recorded and was played in court Friday afternoon.

After this call, Moore immediately called Frazee’s attorney and then law enforcement. ...

[...]

Moore was excused but not released and was ordered to stay available to the District Attorney’s Office.

[...]

Good grief, even without poor Kelsey's body, there's absolutely no doubt who murdered her, in my eyes.

A freaking bloody nose? Really? Then he proceeded to ask if Moore thought that they could find any blood because he washed his clothes? He may as well confessed right there and then.

He knew that phone call was going to be recorded, yet the dummy asked if anything was disrupted by the red barn. :rolleyes:

At least Moore called LE and Patrick's attorney after that call. I am sure it wasn't easy to do so, but he didn't wait for LE to come to him first. I am sure he's upset with himself for not saying something sooner, but he probably didn't think Patrick would actually kill Kelsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects