The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the coat in the ad versus on MM it doesn’t look sloppy. After looking at it again on MM, the belt sets too high on her waist and the opening in the front at hem line is not pleasing to my eyes.

When I see clothes on other people and I like something I’ll see it in store try it on and I don’t see what I liked when its on someone else. I probably wouldn’t wear that coat well either.

meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-attend-the-picture-id1180635341

The coat is ill fitting from top to bottom and the belt makes it worse. If she had one in a proper size with a belt that worked well, given the material and cut of the coat, it would have looked better.
The designer of the coat is a friend of Jessica Mulroney and Meghan's from Toronto, Canada. Meghan has several other coats from this designer and they fit her properly and she looks alright in them.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex is heading my way!!!

Sophie, Countess of Wessex Will Visit New York and Canada on Solo Trip

And after her official familial engagements, Sophie is set to travel to New York City solo. While there are currently no further details regarding the countess's trip, it's also been revealed that she will head to Toronto, Canada after she's been to the United States.

Hope there are lots of pictures!!!

This is Markle's dress from the Festival of Remembrance.

meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-news-photo-1573331006.jpg

It's difficult to make out details, but don't like it- it doesn't seem to fit well, again, especially around the bustline., and the neckline is too low for a serious memorial service. All the other royal women have very high conservative necklines. The proportions of that dress seem wrong on her.

And the return of the Belly Hand
meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-attend-the-picture-id1186576765

I am pleased to note there are no straggling locks of hair flopping over her face, for a change.

Last edited:
This is Markle's dress from the Festival of Remembrance.

meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-news-photo-1573331006.jpg

It's difficult to make out details, but don't like it- it doesn't seem to fit well, again, especially around the bustline., and the neckline is too low for a serious memorial service. All the other royal women have very high conservative necklines. The proportions of that dress seem wrong on her.

And the return of the Belly Hand
meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-attend-the-picture-id1186576765

I am pleased to note there are no straggling locks of hair flopping over her face, for a change.

Seeing her perform the "belly hands" that did it for me. She's unofficially pregnant!

Meghan-Markle-pregnant-1201858.jpg

More "belly hands". The picture on the left is from 2018.
Meghan Markle pregnant: The huge hint Meghan may be expecting baby number two

The black dress (yikes) with the way too low neckline, navy blue shoes and no stockings was a total disaster. I liked Kate's dress but I do not like looking at her bones. Don't wear a dress that emphasizes your skeletal collar bone. Nice dress but Kate is too skeletal for it. I did like Kate's hair though.

I think both ladies missed the mark today on their attire.

The black dress (yikes) with the way too low neckline, navy blue shoes and no stockings was a total disaster. I liked Kate's dress but I do not like looking at her bones. Don't wear a dress that emphasizes your skeletal collar bone. Nice dress but Kate is too skeletal for it. I did like Kate's hair though.

I think both ladies missed the mark today on their attire.

I missed that the Markle's shoes were navy. In the closeup, the heavy damask of the dress just drags it down. That, the design, and the 3/4 sleeves look matronly. Not retro. It looks like something Princess Margaret would have worn at age 65.

I thought Sophie Wessex looked very lovely with her hair down. She always seems to get her makeup right. Never overdone.

If we're going to go on about navy shoes and a black dress, this is worse, IMHO

prince-charles-prince-of-wales-and-camilla-duchess-of-cornwall-attend-picture-id1186570812

Upon more inspection, I think the dress ( and jacket?) are deep navy, but those shoes still don't go well with the black stockings. Black shoes would have been better. I do think her clutch purse looks very cute, and the color, cut, and styling of her hair is very nice

Is there a dearth of black velvet pumps in the UK right now?

Last edited:
FCD42025-8119-415B-82B5-829AC5C27E0A.jpeg 40AC0BAB-0213-4DA4-8F76-56FF1204F3B4.jpeg B63C560D-731C-4D29-A8F4-D329059FAA7D.jpeg https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/meghan-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-news-photo/1186569993?

Kate looks lovely.

Definitely Meghan looks pregnant.

Sorry... Neckline too low. Hair too tight.
Shoes without nice stockings, epic fail. Imo.

Not a fan of her posing for the lens instead of genuinely engaging which is how she comes off to me.

I think Meghan has studied Julia Roberts... she looks a bit like her in some photos.

Last edited:
Someone needs to tell Meghan that the dewy highlighter makeup on her face looks just like all the plastic in Hollywood.

And it looks like an oil spill.

And painting it on an inappropriate décolletage is not doing her any favors either...

...sorry... but yikes!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members