PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the quote "head-scratcher" used to describe the case, my little brain just interpreted it that way. Head-scratcher suggests puzzlement (to me)... As if authorities found the case problematic. I understand their explanation about the problems LE has balancing grief of the family while continuing to investigate, but describing it as a head-scratcher just didn't seem to be the words I wanted to see/read.
I think “head-scratcher” is their politically correct way of saying, we don’t think the 8 yr old son could/would have done this. We think the mother did it, but we can’t prove it....yet.... MOO

I think it can be a head scratcher just because WHO would think up doing it like THIS? I mean really. It's so extreme and ridiculous. It's mind blowing.
I really think that if this particular 8 yr old was mentally proficient enough, intelligent, and capable enough to figure out how to manage such a complicated task, and he was also 'troubled enough' to hang his baby sister and himself---I think there would be teachers and other adults who would attest to that. A regular, average 8 yr old would not be able to manage such a difficult task. Nor would they want to. I think he would have to be very intelligent, very motivated and very troubled emotionally.

I am not sure that this child fits that description. JMO

I think it can be a head scratcher just because WHO would think up doing it like THIS? I mean really. It's so extreme and ridiculous. It's mind blowing.
It truly is mind blowing. I don't think anyone believes that the son did this. IMO the only person that could have done this is the mother. The problem is that LE will have to prove it and I think that will be difficult. Her fingerprints could be on everything (leash, rafter, chairs, etc.) but that can be explained and won't prove she did it. It's such a sad case.

Has it been specified as to whether it was a short or long drop?
I'm wondering the same. I'm thinking it was a short drop but that's only because I don't think the rafter in the basement was that high. I have no idea how high it was but I'd like to know. Unfortunately, I think it was a slow, painful death either way. MOO

It truly is mind blowing. I don't think anyone believes that the son did this. IMO the only person that could have done this is the mother. The problem is that LE will have to prove it and I think that will be difficult. Her fingerprints could be on everything (leash, rafter, chairs, etc.) but that can be explained and won't prove she did it. It's such a sad case.

I'm wondering the same. I'm thinking it was a short drop but that's only because I don't think the rafter in the basement was that high. I have no idea how high it was but I'd like to know. Unfortunately, I think it was a slow, painful death either way. MOO

Which brings me to this. How does death by hanging work?

The thought makes me sick. I just dont think he was capable. Imo

They're doing it for 47 days already, I suggest they get the finger out and at least dispel the rumors.

I dunno; for every case about which someone discovers that LE were running about like the Keystone Kops and knew nothing; there is an equal and opposite case where we discover that the LE were in fact building airtight or at least far better cases against these individuals, that they didn't want tampered with until they were ready to present them lest the criminals be spooked. "What are they thinking, letting so-and-so move out of the state?" eventually becomes LE's "Well, we couldn't stop them, but it didn't mean that we stopped looking for them across state boundaries."

I dunno; for every case about which someone discovers that LE were running about like the Keystone Kops and knew nothing; there is an equal and opposite case where we discover that the LE were in fact building airtight or at least far better cases against these individuals, that they didn't want tampered with until they were ready to present them lest the criminals be spooked. "What are they thinking, letting so-and-so move out of the state?" eventually becomes LE's "Well, we couldn't stop them, but it didn't mean that we stopped looking for them across state boundaries."
They can still do all of that and brief the general public and stop the rumor machine to which they have made a substantial contribution. That is my point. A simple interim presser would calm things down even if they're not prepared to release any further info. They have created a void. That is not good for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd