GUILTY CA - Dr. Han, wife & 5yo daughter brutally slain, Santa Barbara, 23 March 2016

This is all what's on the court site - so no "new" court date yet.... it's on my list of looking.up.every.week

• 10/01/2019 Discovery Hearing
    Judicial Officer: Hill, Brian E
    Hearing Time: 8:30 AM

• 02/04/2020 Trial Confirmation
    Cancel Reason: Vacated
link: Santa Barbara Superior Court

10/01/2019 Discovery Hearing
Result: Continued by Party or Stip of Parties

10/01/2019 Minute Order, Filed

10/01/2019 Time Waived Through
11/05/2019 Discovery Hearing

02/04/2020 Trial Confirmation

Tuesday, Nov. 5th:
*Discovery Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Dr. Weidong ‘Henry’ Han (57), wife Huijie ‘Jennie’ Yu (29), & Emily (5) daughter (March 23, 2016, Santa Barbara) - *Pierre Freedon Haobsh (27) arrested (3/25/16) & charged (3/29/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances of committing murders for financial gain & multiple murders. Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Judge issued gag order.
Trial was to start 2/4/20-vacated (Estimate to take 6 to 8 months)
Court information from 3/29/16 thru 7/16/19 reference post #179 here:
CA - Dr. Han, wife & 5yo daughter brutally slain, Santa Barbara, 23 March 2016

7/30/19 Update: Next Discovery hearing on 10/1. 10/1/19: Discovery hearing continued to 11/5. Trial on 2/4/20 has been vacated.

Han murder defendant asks for disciplinary records of DOJ analysts - Santa Barbara News-Press

Defense attorneys for the man accused of murdering Santa Barbara herbalist Dr. Henry Han and his family are asking for the employment records of the Department of Justice analysts that processed fingerprints recovered from the crime scene.

Pierre Haobsh and his attorneys, Senior Deputy Public Defenders Christine Voss and Michael Hanley, appeared for a discovery hearing before Judge Brian Hill in Santa Barbara County Superior Court on Tuesday [11/5/19] afternoon.
[.....]
As a compromise, Judge Hill indicated he would only require the prosecution to produce an analyst’s entire disciplinary history if they had any record of errors within the five-year period.

He also asked prosecutors to investigate whether any DOJ staff verified the analysts’ evaluation of the fingerprints.
[.....]
The evidence hearing will continue Friday afternoon. [11/8/19]

Friday, November 8th:
*Discovery (Evidence) Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Dr. Weidong ‘Henry’ Han (57), wife Huijie ‘Jennie’ Yu (29), & Emily (5) daughter (March 23, 2016, Santa Barbara) - *Pierre Freedon Haobsh (27) arrested (3/25/16) & charged (3/29/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances of committing murders for financial gain & multiple murders. Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Judge issued gag order.
Trial to start 2/4/20-vacated (Estimate to take 6 to 8 months)

7/30/19 Update: Next Discovery hearing on 10/1. 10/1/19: Discovery hearing continued to 11/5. Trial on 2/4/20 has been vacated.
11/5/19 Update: Defense attorneys are asking for the employment records of the Department of Justice analysts that processed fingerprints recovered from the crime scene. As a compromise, Judge Hill indicated he would only require the prosecution to produce an analyst’s entire disciplinary history if they had any record of errors within the five-year period. He also asked prosecutors to investigate whether any DOJ staff verified the analysts’ evaluation of the fingerprints. Evidence hearing continues on Friday, 11/8.

11/08/2019 Discovery Hearing

11/08/2019 Minute Order, Filed

11/13/2019 Discovery Hearing

@Niner- Am I reading your entry correctly in that the trial is expected to last 6-8 month??

“Trial to start 2/4/20-vacated (Estimate to take 6 to 8 months)” (copied and pasted from your 11-8 entry)

@Niner- Am I reading your entry correctly in that the trial is expected to last 6-8 month??

“Trial to start 2/4/20-vacated (Estimate to take 6 to 8 months)” (copied and pasted from your 11-8 entry)

According to an article I read - yes...

The actual facts of this case are chilling. This man, Pierre Haobsh, killed a beautiful family, including a five year old little girl, in a greedy frenzy in his quest to insinuate himself into Dr. Han's new business venture. Haobsh was crazed by his own impatient greed for money, IMO.

I would think the evidence will support the fact that he is totally guilty. I can't understand why it would take 6-8 months though, but then defense has successfully delayed proceedings so far. I do worry when it's a Death Penalty trial.

I'll have to go back to refresh my memory. Can't remember everything after so long. Did he wrap the wife and child's body in plastic while waiting for Dr. Han to arrive home? Did the gun he used come from the Han home?

Surprised the media hasn't dug up more on the killer, plus the only pic of him is that one creepy one from his blank fb. I think I did see one of him as a happy child with his sister. I'm guessing he might have lived in other states, but gee, I expected media to start digging.

Anyways...

Pierre Haobsh arrested in the triple murder of Santa Barbara couple and their daughter | Daily Mail Online

Bringing this forward as a memory refresher.

Pierre Haobsh arrested in the triple murder of Santa Barbara couple and their daughter | Daily Mail Online

The more I think about it, I question why the killer went through the trouble of wrapping the bodies in plastic and duct tape, and placing them in the garage.

It wasn't going to buy time before someone realized they weren't around. It seems people would start looking for the doctor quickly, as they did. I guess he didn't expect people to go to the house, but when they did, dummy killer had left the front door ajar.

He did wrap the bodies in plastic wrap and duct tape.

Oh sure, he felt kind of sick after his arrest, not when he was wrapping those three dead bodies.

I think I read somewhere he was driving a red Lexus.

Can't find what I'm looking for about the gun.

The Latest: Suspect's sister condemns Santa Barbara killings

Nadine Jolie Courtney, a beauty blogger and author, said in an email Saturday that Pierre Haobsh is her brother.

(Finally, an article to confirm their relationship - I've been sleuthing all afternoon for a legitimate reference.)

Nadine is also mentioned in this latest article from the CBS affiliate in the Bay Area:

Chinese Herbalist’s Family Of 3 Killed In Santa Barbara County; Man Arrested

“We cannot wrap our minds around this tragedy and are in a state of shock,” she wrote on behalf of herself and her husband.

~jmo~

His sister made a statement. She is a well-known blogger.

Here it is! A loaded handgun and property belonging to a victim was found in the red Lexus. Haobsh must not have brought his own gun, but used perhaps a gun from the victim's home. Well, it doesn't mean he didn't intend to kill them somehow, but he might not have owned a gun of his own. He showed up at their house and must have terrified the wife before killing her and the little girl, in wait for Dr. Han.

Chinese Herbalist's Family Of 3 Killed In Santa Barbara County; Man Arrested

According to an article I read - yes...

Thanks Niner!

Pierre Haobsh’s Triple-Murder Trial in Han Family Deaths Pushed to 2020

Trial to start 2/4/20-vacated (Estimate to take 6 to 8 months) … I hope the trial really starts then. Pleeease!

Wednesday, November 13th:
*Discovery (Evidence) Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Dr. Weidong ‘Henry’ Han (57), wife Huijie ‘Jennie’ Yu (29), & Emily (5) daughter (March 23, 2016, Santa Barbara) - *Pierre Freedon Haobsh (27) arrested (3/25/16) & charged (3/29/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances of committing murders for financial gain & multiple murders. Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Judge issued gag order.
Trial to start 2/4/20-vacated (Estimate to take 6 to 8 months).

11/5/19 Update: Defense attorneys are asking for the employment records of the Department of Justice analysts that processed fingerprints recovered from the crime scene. As a compromise, Judge Hill indicated he would only require the prosecution to produce an analyst’s entire disciplinary history if they had any record of errors within the five-year period. He also asked prosecutors to investigate whether any DOJ staff verified the analysts’ evaluation of the fingerprints. Evidence hearing continues on Friday, 11/8. 11/8/19: Discovery hearing continued to 11/13.

I "think" the next hearing is on 12/16...

11/13/2019 Discovery Hearing

11/13/2019 Minute Order, Filed

12/16/2019 Hearing
Judicial Officer: Anderson, Clifford R, III

12/16/2019 Hearing

Monday, December 16th:
Trial to start 2/4/20-was vacated (Estimate to take 6 to 8 months)

11/5/19 Update: Defense attorneys are asking for the employment records of the Department of Justice analysts that processed fingerprints recovered from the crime scene. As a compromise, Judge Hill indicated he would only require the prosecution to produce an analyst’s entire disciplinary history if they had any record of errors within the five-year period. He also asked prosecutors to investigate whether any DOJ staff verified the analysts’ evaluation of the fingerprints. Evidence hearing continues on Friday, 11/8. 11/8/19: Discovery hearing continued to 11/13. 11/13/19: Discovery hearing continued to 12/16.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back