Massive Flooding In Marble Falls, Texas

NOOOOO!!! I hope you are okay Lion. I have always LOVED Marble Falls!!

here's a link to a slideshow of the damage-so sad!
http://www.statesman.com/ap/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=24963

I used to clean a house out in Liberty Hill, and I have a friend who lives in Burnett, I'm gonna have to call and check on her in the a.m.

Yes, Missie Marble Falls is a beautiful area of Texas with a town of friendly, warm people. They were announcing that they don't even have enough drinking water. Some are driving with trucks full of bottled water to hand out to them. The damage is massive, and the whole town is affected according to police authorities. I have very little to give, but I gave what little I could. We are expected to get more rain, and I hope it misses Marble Falls.

We keep getting tons of rain each night here, and last night we had two trees hit by lightening 5 minutes apart. Scary. We have some flooding in our town, and we will not do well with any more rain. But, so far we are okay. I am not in the flood plain, but many who were flooded in Marble Falls weren't either. It was just tooooo much rain in such a short period of time. The good folks of Marble Falls are in my prayers. When I fist moved to Texas, I moved to Burnet and shopped in Marble Falls. It is a beautiful and friendly town. It hurts to see this disaster hit them so hard. I know they will be okay in the end, and I thank God no one has lost their life.

Lion

Floods are scarey Kimba.....I pray that you and yours stay safe, warm and dry:blowkiss:

My cousin and her family live in Marble Falls. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. So far, their house is okay but they can't go anywhere (obviously) and they have no drinking water.

Let's hope Gov. Perry manages to get the water there sooner rather than later. :doh:

My cousin and her family live in Marble Falls. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. So far, their house is okay but they can't go anywhere (obviously) and they have no drinking water.

Let's hope Gov. Perry manages to get the water there sooner rather than later. :doh:

You are welcome, Texana. The dear souls who's homes and businesses are gone are in my prayers tonight. If there was something more that I could do I would. If I could take in a homeless family I would. But, in my case I can't. I hope that our government helps the town to rebuild. They will need lots of help. And, I am glad your cousin and her family escaped this tragedy personally.

Lion

I can't believe all the rain in our area lately. I have been trying to call my partner. She and her hubby headed that way to B&B near Marble Falls Tuesday. She usually calls me to check how her horses are doing when they go out of town. I'm just hoping she can't get cell service.
I watch the news in disbelief at all the flooding in the Marble Falls area! It seems it just happened so fast.

I can't believe all the rain in our area lately. I have been trying to call my partner. She and her hubby headed that way to B&B near Marble Falls Tuesday. She usually calls me to check how her horses are doing when they go out of town. I'm just hoping she can't get cell service.
I watch the news in disbelief at all the flooding in the Marble Falls area! It seems it just happened so fast.

I hope all is well with them, Sadie, but the good news is that there are no reports of fatalities to date. Please let us know when you know that they are safe. I find it remarkable that there are no fatalities considering the scale of the tragedy. I hope and pray they don't get any more rain for a while. They cannot take any more rain.

Lion

I hope all is well with them, Sadie, but the good news is that there are no reports of fatalities to date. Please let us know when you know that they are safe. I find it remarkable that there are no fatalities considering the scale of the tragedy. I hope and pray they don't get any more rain for a while. They cannot take any more rain.

Lion
I'm glad there are no fatalities. I've been here sind '93 and have never seen it rain so much. Fortunately with this round of rain, my house hasn't had any water come in. The boys dug a trench around the house to help the water run off faster. I'm so glad they did that! But there's still water everywhere on the roads.

I'm glad there are no fatalities. I've been here sind '93 and have never seen it rain so much. Fortunately with this round of rain, my house hasn't had any water come in. The boys dug a trench around the house to help the water run off faster. I'm so glad they did that! But there's still water everywhere on the roads.

Great sons you have, Sadie! I know how much they helped when you were away and the water was coming into the house. How is that now? Were you able to save everything but the carpet? Let's hope none of us get any more rain. I don't think the ground in many of our areas can handle any more rain--especially in places like Marble falls.

Lion

I pulled the carpet up in the family room. I'm going to go with concrete stain. I was going to have my son put tile down until I saw the stained concrete. Way cheaper than tile and looks really nice! He & his friend were going to start this weekend, but are going to wait until everything dries out good. Going to get the halls, kitchen and family room done. If I like it, I'll get the whole house done. I'm going to love not shampooing carpet every month. They have a pattern drawn up already. Should look really nice when they get it done.

Oh my gosh! We had a lakehouse in Granite Shoals when I was growing up. And my uncle still lives in Horseshoe Bay. Thanks for the update, LionRun - I'll have to check in with my mom tomorrow and make sure everybody's okay.

Oh my gosh! We had a lakehouse in Granite Shoals when I was growing up. And my uncle still lives in Horseshoe Bay. Thanks for the update, LionRun - I'll have to check in with my mom tomorrow and make sure everybody's okay.
I hope you find them safe. The rain really has been unbelievable in these parts!

I pulled the carpet up in the family room. I'm going to go with concrete stain. I was going to have my son put tile down until I saw the stained concrete. Way cheaper than tile and looks really nice! He & his friend were going to start this weekend, but are going to wait until everything dries out good. Going to get the halls, kitchen and family room done. If I like it, I'll get the whole house done. I'm going to love not shampooing carpet every month. They have a pattern drawn up already. Should look really nice when they get it done.

Oh, good, Sadie. Maybe you can post a pic of your new floor on the photos thread when it is done. I am so glad you didn't have worse damage and that all will be well and good.

Lion

Thank you, annemc:). I hope all is well with your family. Chances are they are just fine, but I hope they escaped the problems with flooding. I've been to Granite Shoals as I used to have friends that live there. It is also a lovely area.

Lion

Does anyone know if the whole town was flooded? I have a relative in Marble Falls and hate to think of the family having their home damaged.

Does anyone know if the whole town was flooded? I have a relative in Marble Falls and hate to think of the family having their home damaged.

Sorry, txvicki, I don't know how much of Marble Falls was flooded. Some people were lucky and didn't get flooded, but the whole town is affected and has now water from what I understand. Have you been able to reach your relative there? Please let us know tomorrow if you are able to reach him or her.

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back