Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

Her mother worked at a nursing home ....

I've found the death notice of Peggy's mother. Her mother's last name was Schroeder and Peggy's brother's name was also Schroeder. That's where the Schroeder name was coming from. Her brother was 14 when their mother died at age 41 and based on the brother's obituary, I'm guessing Diane had been married to Mr. Schroeder at one point. Peggy's information has already been added to the page. I've attached a link to Diane's obituary.

Diane Marie Colligan Schroeder (1953-1994) - Find...

I've found the death notice of Peggy's mother. Her mother's last name was Schroeder and Peggy's brother's name was also Schroeder. That's where the Schroeder name was coming from. Her brother was 14 when their mother died at age 41 and based on the brother's obituary, I'm guessing Diane had been married to Mr. Schroeder at one point. Peggy's information has already been added to the page. I've attached a link to Diane's obituary.

Diane Marie Colligan Schroeder (1953-1994) - Find...

Thank you for posting this...... There goes my theory about Peggy becoming an orphan after losing her mother. She had living maternal adult relatives. 4 of them. Time to sit on my hands for a bit.

This case hits close to home for me! I grew up with a girl with cognitive disabilities. Her development never progressed after age eight. Her father died when she was really young and her mother died from cancer when she was 12. She was passed up between family members for a couple years but now resides in a group home and I often worry about her from hearing stories like this. She is now 27 so she has been in group homes for over 10 years now.

Do we know anymore info about who might have known Peggy when she was with Linda? Linda's co-workers, neighbors, of she was 18 when she started living with her maybe even classmates from high school?

Sorry, don't want to be offensive....but where are we searching for....Peggy is deceased (an immense sadness for me) ...her possible murderer is known and incarcerated (yes, I say possible because this has to be decided in court...don't like the USA system at all...with jury's and all the media making you a murder before justice can be served) I believe this woman is guilty....absolutely....and I hate her for all the things she did...but still....where are we looking for....

I found an obituary for Peggy's brother, it says below that he committed suicide in 1998, a year before Peggy was killed. If their mother died in 1994 I wonder where he had been during this time, I believe he was a few years younger than Peggy as well with different father's. I hope he wasn't subjected to the same abuse as Peggy. I believe he also had a different father than Peggy so may have lived with him. Tragic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111_191424_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111_191424_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 111
I have so many questions as I am sure we al do. How could Peggy’s plight have gone un-noticed by her extended family? How did her mom die? Was it sudden and therefore there was no care plan in place for Peggy? Where were the grandparents? Even though she was 18 when her mom died I am sure someone must have known she would need help. What was going so wrong that her brother committed suicide?

I have so many questions as I am sure we al do. How could Peggy’s plight have gone un-noticed by her extended family? How did her mom die? Was it sudden and therefore there was no care plan in place for Peggy? Where were the grandparents? Even though she was 18 when her mom died I am sure someone must have known she would need help. What was going so wrong that her brother committed suicide?
I know. The poster above asked what we are looking for, but I think putting a timeline together could help to build a picture of who was in her life and might have been in contact with her or Linda. Linda seems to have painted Peggy in a bad light and others who were in her life might be able to provide evidence that contradicts what she has been saying and build agathe caseinst her. I saw a Facebook post where Peggy's aunt was told she had went to live with her father. Another lie. I'm sure law enforcement are speaking to the right people.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.
Rules - Etiquette & Information

I am so glad that Peggy will be able to be buried by her momma. I am so sorry she was subjected to abuse for 5 long years before her death. I cannot imagine a whole family knowing about this abuse, watching her die, then not reporting it - even if it was years later. There were so many adults that could have reported this death, but didn't. How very sad!

Also, with the autopsy stating there were no drugs in her system, she died of pneumonia and sepsis (prolonged infection) due to the beatings she was given, I hope that those that believe she killed herself can now know that she was murdered. Long-term, long-time abuse leading to murder. The broken ribs, and healing broken ribs, would have been a contributing factor to the pneumonia. Peggy is at peace now. Rest now with your momma sweet girl. She looked so very sweet and happy.

I can't get over that this (alleged) murderer is a nurse, a person trained in caring for others and protecting others. I get that people want to who could have stopped this. But, I look to the alleged murderer's family. The people who could have helped were this (alleged) murderer's family who saw and ignored horrific abuse being visited upon this young woman. She had broken ribs. People saw this monster go after her with a pitchfork and force her to live under the house. They saw her hit, slapped and abused on an ongoing basis. I hope any and all who could have helped this defenseless woman are held to account.

I also want to recognize that Peggy knew to go to a medical facility to seek help. Unfortunately, she met evil incarnate.

I can't get over that this (alleged) murderer is a nurse, a person trained in caring for others and protecting others. I get that people want to who could have stopped this. But, I look to the alleged murderer's family. The people who could have helped were this (alleged) murderer's family who saw and ignored horrific abuse being visited upon this young woman. She had broken ribs. People saw this monster go after her with a pitchfork and force her to live under the house. They saw her hit, slapped and abused on an ongoing basis. I hope any and all who could have helped this defenseless woman are held to account.

I also want to recognize that Peggy knew to go to a medical facility to seek help. Unfortunately, she met evil incarnate.

It reminds me so much of the Sylvia Likens story. I am not ready to place any blame with Linda's children as the dynamics of abusive households are so hard to understand. If they were also being beaten, perhaps they were relieved when mom had someone else to turn her rage on. They may have avoided abuse by participating in her abuse which can lead to guilty silence. The small window we see now is a house that was filled with fear.
I certainly hope everyone steps up and does the right thing now, even if they were unable to do so when it happened.

Didn't in one of the articles, the ex-husband (the man she was married to when Peggy died) state the suspect was a force to be reckoned with? IIRC, it was something like that. If so, I bet fear played into the lack of anyone saying anything. I'm thinking they were scared of her and what she could do to them, and scared of how her being implicated could impact their lives.
Having said that, someone could have called in anonymous tip to give Peggy's name years down the road, without casting suspicion. As a matter of fact, had someone done that, the suspect may never have been implicated. Heck, she could have called in an anonymous tip just giving Peggy's name with impunity. It was someone hearing about a possible murder she'd done that associated her with the remains.

Often at WS there is a refrain that says, where was X or Y? I only know what has been reported and that is that people in this home knew. In current cases, we want all held to account who allowed abuse and murder to happen. I see this no differently than these cases. This monster is, indeed, evil and, probably, was abusive all around. If the news account is correct that the ex saw an "overdosed" woman and took the kids out for ice cream as she was disposed, I have no words for the lack of humanity. I hope all who can be charged are charged.

It reminds me so much of the Sylvia Likens story. I am not ready to place any blame with Linda's children as the dynamics of abusive households are so hard to understand. If they were also being beaten, perhaps they were relieved when mom had someone else to turn her rage on. They may have avoided abuse by participating in her abuse which can lead to guilty silence. The small window we see now is a house that was filled with fear.
I certainly hope everyone steps up and does the right thing now, even if they were unable to do so when it happened.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm a survivor of domestic abuse but think I would have spoken up at some point, especially the last 20 years. I saw pics of her grand kids. I hope she never watched them alone if she was a force to be reckoned with

Didn't in one of the articles, the ex-husband (the man she was married to when Peggy died) state the suspect was a force to be reckoned with? IIRC, it was something like that. If so, I bet fear played into the lack of anyone saying anything. I'm thinking they were scared of her and what she could do to them, and scared of how her being implicated could impact their lives.
Having said that, someone could have called in anonymous tip to give Peggy's name years down the road, without casting suspicion. As a matter of fact, had someone done that, the suspect may never have been implicated. Heck, she could have called in an anonymous tip just giving Peggy's name with impunity. It was someone hearing about a possible murder she'd done that associated her with the remains.

You're so right Alley! They could have given a tip

Often at WS there is a refrain that says, where was X or Y? I only know what has been reported and that is that people in this home knew. In current cases, we want all held to account who allowed abuse and murder to happen. I see this no differently than these cases. This monster is, indeed, evil and, probably, was abusive all around. If the news account is correct that the ex saw an "overdosed" woman and took the kids out for ice cream as she was disposed, I have no words for the lack of humanity. I hope all who can be charged are charged.

He surely should be charged with something IMO

I know this is very well out of the blue and may surprise some of you, so fair warning now.

I do not believe all of Peggy’s death was due to Linda. I think the story of leaving her free in Wisconsin led Peggy to find some bad people, and they beat her up to the end. The fact Linda couldn’t bear her was bad enough, but leaving her to let someone else kill her would be worse.

MOO.

I know this is very well out of the blue and may surprise some of you, so fair warning now.

I do not believe all of Peggy’s death was due to Linda. I think the story of leaving her free in Wisconsin led Peggy to find some bad people, and they beat her up to the end. The fact Linda couldn’t bear her was bad enough, but leaving her to let someone else kill her would be worse.

MOO.
Adding on to this, Peggy’s abuse from Linda led to someone just beating her up to her death..

I am so glad that Peggy will be able to be buried by her momma. I am so sorry she was subjected to abuse for 5 long years before her death. I cannot imagine a whole family knowing about this abuse, watching her die, then not reporting it - even if it was years later. There were so many adults that could have reported this death, but didn't. How very sad!

Also, with the autopsy stating there were no drugs in her system, she died of pneumonia and sepsis (prolonged infection) due to the beatings she was given, I hope that those that believe she killed herself can now know that she was murdered. Long-term, long-time abuse leading to murder. The broken ribs, and healing broken ribs, would have been a contributing factor to the pneumonia. Peggy is at peace now. Rest now with your momma sweet girl. She looked so very sweet and happy.

It's sickening, I can't say it enough. Injuries which healed over time, only to have more beatings with injuries which had to heal. Wash, rinse, repeat.

My guess about how her death happened was she got one last, brutal, vicious assault, plus there appears to have been some type of chemical burns of some sort, and she ended up dying off to the side of that road. So the sepsis and pneumonia had probably set in many days or perhaps weeks prior, then she met her fate on the side of the road.

JMO

Bless this poor young woman.

MOO.

Is your theory that Linda really left Peggy alive on the side of the road? If so, how does Linda"s husband seeing Peggy's lifeless body on the kitchen floor in their home fit into your theory?

Linda's stories only changed when she was confronted with proof police knew she was lying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back