CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of cases where the defendant was found GUILTY, even when the murder weapon was not found. Not every killer is stupid enough to leave the weapon lying around.

The forensic evidence includes blood on the sofa cushions, fireplace and under the floorboards. How do you explain that if there was no violence at the scene?
Yes, jurors have to read between the lines. Usually you don't have the weapon, or the crime on video (exception Brian Steven Smith in Alaska), or confessions. But usually no-body crimes can get a conviction.

You don't think it matters if the DA can't prove the murder weapon? I disagree. There also has been no forensic evidence that the condo was a crime scene.

I also disagree that KK was afraid of PF. There is no evidence she was afraid of him and plenty of evidence she was not. I also doubt the DA cares if the jury believes KK. I think he wants her locked up just as tight as PF will be.

JMO

I'm confused. After making that deal with KK, the state doesn't really care if the jury believes her and wants her locked up along with PF? Personally I believe she should be locked away, but it seems and odd way to go about it.IMO

5244.gif

Day 7 of the Trial
y2kdo3hog3ubub

Roll Call!

Who's Here for Kelsey?

2dbae3f08ccf1327624afebe6b30289f.jpg

Here, and ready to hear the sworn testimony.

I'm confused. After making that deal with KK, the state doesn't really care if the jury believes her and wants her locked up along with PF? Personally I believe she should be locked away, but it seems and odd way to go about it.IMO

This trial is about the murder of KB. On trial is the accused murderer, PF. There was no evidence that KK assisted with the actual murder. She knew it was done after the fact - per phone records and testimony.

two known liars. One with more to lose than the other. The jury will decide what they believe. Who they believe

and the state - will deal with her later. It’s not like this is the first time in history where deals like this have been cut. I hate it, but I get it. But I don’t understand caring more about her deal than about the mountain of evidence that supports her testimony...

from dixiegirl’s post, snipped... Sam noted that many people that are rural have bats or guns for protections. Note: He said each one was by a SPECIFIED door iirc, or at least 2 of the 3 were and one, the third, was in kitchen...did that have a door to outside?

I wonder if when PF got KB's gun a while back, that he then gifted her a bat like he had bats at his door for protection to put by the inside of her door.

It could have changed, but far fewer had guns until a bit later in their lives. I even know a few who slept with knives under a pillow. But bats seemed to be most common.

Forgot completely, but a possible scenario, no matter how PF told KK the bat made it into the condo. He’s not very reliable so I doubt he was totally upfront about the murder itself — but that type of lie is a small detail that doesn’t affect the act itself. It’s what she saw personally that is most important.

As far as the gun coming back to KB, she was evidently freaked out by KK showing up at her door at 9 PM. Personally, I wouldn’t have answered the door and can understand why it would be disturbing, especially since the woman showed up with coffee and a bogus story that made no sense to KB. She probably felt a lot more comfortable with the gun after that.

I doubt the story about Ambien and Valium. How many people even prescribe them anymore? Unless there’s a reason it seems they will go with Xanax (shorter acting) instead of Valium. Ambien has been out of favor since people began experiencing problems with strange behavior when taking it, something I can relate to since the generic became the norm and “real” Ambien wasn’t covered under most policies (this assumes both would have been personal Rxs — I’m not convinced she would have been able to steal from the hospital).

JMO and rambling as a former pharmacist (I hated the job and morphed to other things)

Last edited:
I guess that is why we saw in the voir dire that they asked can you do critical thinking. If somebody cannot do critical thinking, they cannot put two and two together, and all the circumstantial evidence, and put it together.

Many of us here do that with many cases, but seriously, that is what we heard in the media reports that the prosecution was asking the jurors if they were critical thinkers. Not everybody has the capability to do that even though most folks can do it easily? They know that some individuals just cannot do such it appears. The danger being though, if someone defined themselves as such, but in reality, they are not.

The prosecution recognizes such, and hopefully got rid of those during voir dire.

The problem is IMO that people are usually not aware that they do not possess the ability to use critical thinking. They might believe they do but really don't.

She could have called LE and the Berreth's wouldn't have had to see it. Instead, the poor mother and brother stayed in the condo for one night, not knowing Kelsey was killed there. How's that for compassion?
Yes, and had she contacted LE in September when this plan was hatched in the darkest recesses of hell, we likely wouldn't be here. I don't buy her "embellishments" and neither will the judge and jury. However, the truth she does tell has been corroborated and the "neigh" sayers can't over those facts. Neighhhh! Neighhhh! PF IS the killer regardless of our disdain for his Cowgirl (cowpatty) associate who secretly desired KB's demise so she could have her dream boy lover and ride off into the sunset. Except in this case, the sunset turns out to be
The Flaming Pit of Hell

Good morning everyone ~ Here and I'm following as much as I can today while working. I wonder when PF took KB's gun and if he took it because he had been plotting her murder and he didn't want her to have a gun on her because she could have fought back with it. JMOO. I think I read somewhere that he returned her gun AFTER he murdered her. When did he take it from her? Please correct me if I am wrong about the return of the gun. JMOO.

They do care if the jury believes her. KK’s testimony corroborates the evidence (much of it evidence she was instrumental in providing).

JMO

Again, my thoughts are with the Berreths and praying the prosecution maintains their strength, clarity and wisdom to bring justice and some peace for this devastated family.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members