CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, she is very important to the prosecution as to when the car exchange was done, the lies that KK told to cover it up, the gun, and the call after KK's FBI interview to Meghan which she then called the FBI to report.

MOO

See screenshot from AA

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/Application and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf
Interesting that she testified that it looked like the gun had not been fired.
I guess we can finally rule out the gun having anything to do with the crime.

Imo

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
#PatrickFrazee trial day 7. So far this morning we’ve heard from several co workers of #KrystalLee. They told the court when she returned to work after Thanksgiving, she looked tired and sad. They said later in Dec Krsytal told them she had gotten herself in trouble. @KKTV11News

8:44 AM - 12 Nov 2019

We heard from #KrystalLee friend Megan Garrison. She’s a close friend of Krystals. She loaned Krystal her car when she came to CO after Thanksgiving. It’s the same car we’ve seen in several surveillance videos when she says she was here to cleanup the crime scene. @KKTV11News

8:47 AM - 12 Nov 2019

So it’s supposed to be three weeks. Defense will have their witnesses (that might be super short) and then any rebuttal witnesses. Seems like they should have continued on with whatever witness they had available, skipping over whoever isn’t there.

I think the prosecution is being very strategic in their order of witnesses. An earlier than normal morning recess to let the folks from outta town travel to WP courthouse, I am ok with that. Then they'll move on.

If it was end of day, I would have expected at least one reporter to note such, and they haven't posted anything in the last hour.

MOO

I'm thinking she will testify to hearing PF say he knew where to hide a body so that no-one would ever find it, and maybe to his being abusive to her daughter.

Imo

She is not going to be testifying. I just went and confirmed that she's been watching the trial (why she was at the courthouse in the twitter post) so I'm confident she's not a witness.

Interesting that she testified that it looked like the gun had not been fired.
I guess we can finally rule out the gun having anything to do with the crime.

Imo
Based on the timing, that gun has always seemed irrelevant to me.

This didn’t change anything, except hurt the defense’s ability to use that in whatever scenario they choose to humor us with.

#PatrickFrazee trial day 7. So far this morning we’ve heard from several co workers of #KrystalLee. They told the court when she returned to work after Thanksgiving, she looked tired and sad. They said later in Dec Krsytal told them she had gotten herself in trouble. @KKTV11News

8:44 AM - 12 Nov 2019

We heard from #KrystalLee friend Megan Garrison. She’s a close friend of Krystals. She loaned Krystal her car when she came to CO after Thanksgiving. It’s the same car we’ve seen in several surveillance videos when she says she was here to cleanup the crime scene. @KKTV11News

8:47 AM - 12 Nov 2019
I thought somewhere we saw that the friend wanted KK's truck and she instigated the switch ? rather than KK wanting the friends sedan ? anyone recall this?
MOO

Decadelong friend of #PatrickFrazee admits he was ‘mystery man’ who accompanied Frazee on hunt for what prosecutors called “alibi evidence” after #KelseyBerreth’s disappearance. They went to Ent Federal Credit Union together, among other places. @csgazette

Robert Stanley Slagle, who told jury he still thinks of #PatrickFrazee as friend, said Frazee wanted surveillance images proving he made bank deposit on Thanksgiving Day, all to nail down his whereabouts on holiday. We previously heard from teller who called it “odd.”

Lance Benzel on Twitter

Pattern of violence, perhaps?
Maybe yet another, "Kids go missing from playgrounds all the time," observation by PF?

He seems to really favor the playground scenario for some reason.

He must really miss recess.

No worries, PF!

Pretty sure they'll give you 30 minutes of yard time in the hoosegow.

Maybe they'll even have a swingset.

JMO.

This is patently false.

There has been absolutely no evidence to back up her story that the condo was the crime scene and that the murder weapon was the ball bat. Nuthin.

Evidence: He is caught on camera returning to the house, and spent approximately 2 hours there. This was a flat out lie on his part, and it is supported by cell phone data and video from a furniture store (which is not in dispute).

Blood was found under floorboards, behind couch cushions, on the fireplace, and on a baby gate. In particular, the couch cushions and fireplace having that blood on them, is something one would expect to see when the victim has suffered blunt force trauma.

The bathroom also lit up like a Christmas tree.

To further support the house being a crime scene, smudge marks were present to indicate cleaning.

We know KK was in that house, based on her knowledge of the crime scene. Her cell phone also put her in the area on the morning of the 24th, and this was the very thing that busted her in the first place.

Plus, both ranch hands have testified that PF told them the fire flames got too high and he had to put it out. Are they liars?

Again, false. The ranch hands testified that PF told them his mommy yelled at him for the fire getting too high. His remedy according to KK, was to add metal on top of the fire.

These ranch hands testified to removing metal from the scene.

She didn't because she still wants PF to walk free.

How could you possibly know that, and why would she want this monster to walk free?

Are you saying she has a death wish or something?

She was obsessed with him and obsessed with KB.

A case can be made for the former, but the latter is completely unsupported. Regardless, she’s not on trial, he is.

Because he bashed Kelsey’s face in with a baseball bat.

“Please stop.”
Those last words have bothered me a lot. We really don't know if she actually did have last words. If those were her last words that would tell me that deep down she may have expected this from this person. If this was being done to her by a person that she loved and trusted then her last words should have been WHY? WHY?.

Not done for the day (Sam K responding to the question if they're done for the day):

Nope. Just were waiting on more witnesses
Quote Tweet

XnBJTyTF_normal.jpg

Slagle testified that Frazee started building timeline after consulting with his attorney. Slagle wasn’t present for Frazee’s convo with attorney, though. (CONTEXT: Slagle didn’t identify attorney, but we know Frazee had different attorney than now.)

Lance Benzel on Twitter

No body cases are prosecuted with such a conviction rate because they aren’t prosecuted at all unless the circumstantial evidence is more than super solid.

So many cases we see never get prosecuted at all. Like Susan Powell.

Why do you think JM would’ve come forward? Many witnesses were directly approached or only came forward after the arrest. That’s not uncommon.

Yes the statement by MS would be hearsay.

Even with all you listed it would be unlikely to be enough to satisfy the state so that they would’ve taken it to trial.

The evidence that was discoverable without KK’s input is indeed very solid. But they need more than solid when there’s no body.
I guess I have quite a bit of confidence that there will be even more bombshell evidence presented in the next week or so. Everything we’ve heard so far represents just HALF of the state’s case.

Good point about JM. I guess I was thinking that the DA would have gone ahead and charged PF, which would have probably brought people like JM out of the woodwork afterward if not before.

Not sure SUSAN Powell is a great example. The fact there wasn’t an arrest didn’t mean there was never going to be one. Sometimes with no body cases it causes delays before arrest, but the end result is the same. it’s interesting to ponder. Would Scott Peterson have been arrested without bodies? Maybe when this is all over, Dan May can give us some insight on how they would have proceeded without KK.

On witness stand, Slagle was asked to examine handwritten timeline of Thanksgiving Day found at #PatrickFrazee’s ranch. Slagle agreed it matched Frazee’s prior claims: That Frazee spent several hours tending to cattle in Park County before going to holiday dinner.

As for Berreth, #PatrickFrazee said he stopped by #KelseyBerreth’s town house briefly to pick up their daughter at parking lot of Berreth’s, Slagle said. Frazee said nothing about going inside, but didn’t deny it, either, Slagle told jury.

Lance Benzel on Twitter

I respectfully disagree.

Would JM have finally come forward? Personally, I doubt it. When he did 'come forward', it was after PF had been arrested - and even then, he called PF's attorney, not LE. I suspect the only reason he did call LE was because PF's attorney told him to. PF's attorney could not have kept JM's information from LE.

LE would not have gone looking for evidence of a fire if KK hadn't told them about the fire and even shown them where the fire had been. There was no reason LE would have been interrogating the ranch hands, let alone asking them about a fire that the ranch hands would have had no reason to consider suspicious.

LE would have had no reason to investigate the barn with the stained hay bale without KK's testimony.

As much as I hate to say the words.

KK has to sing first before the flock would follow.

Birds of a feather sick together,
Moo

I respectfully disagree.

Would JM have finally come forward? Personally, I doubt it. When he did 'come forward', it was after PF had been arrested - and even then, he called PF's attorney, not LE. I suspect the only reason he did call LE was because PF's attorney told him to. PF's attorney could not have kept JM's information from LE.

LE would not have gone looking for evidence of a fire if KK hadn't told them about the fire and even shown them where the fire had been. There was no reason LE would have been interrogating the ranch hands, let alone asking them about a fire that the ranch hands would have had no reason to consider suspicious.

LE would have had no reason to investigate the barn with the stained hay bale without KK's testimony.

The defense could have kept the witness statement to themselves and would not have told him to go to the cops. Otherwise I very much agree.

Makes good sense if KB lived in the country, too. KB lived in town. It doesn't make much sense for him to give her a bat, unless she also had a ball and glove IMO

Many people want to defend themselves if necessary, no matter where they live, city or country. Maybe they don’t always need it, but it makes them feel more secure.

Not just my opinion, but fact in my experience, especially with younger people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592