CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Sets trip Just prior to her leaving for Hong Kong.
2. Kennel drop of the animal "Lexi"
3. Put BT into a position of isolation. No water. No clothing.
4. Action takes place.
5. Call to LE for a futile search to place himself as concerned husband, victim advocate.
6. Media, Sets himself up as suspect in LE eyes. They back down.
7. Media tells theory of abduction and his daughter supports it. Then shows himself as victim.
7. Silence. Cancels flight, tells her family "She is not going to make it"
8. Lawyers up. No more communication.
9. BT son informed by LE.
8. Picks up Lexi at kennel 30 days later.
9. Drops out of sight. No further effort.
JMHO

I wonder what would have happened if Barbara had moved up her flight? I thought I read that she communicated with her brother's family about possibly doing that. If she had moved up her flight, there might not have been time for a camping trip before she left. MOO

I wonder what would have happened if Barbara had moved up her flight? I thought I read that she communicated with her brother's family about possibly doing that. If she had moved up her flight, there might not have been time for a camping trip before she left. MOO
Agreed.
The timing of the camping trip feels off.

bbm
Agreed.
The timing of the camping trip feels off.
SPECULATION ONLY.

That depends on whom you ask and the intended purpose of the timing. Was the scheduling of the 'camping trip' pushed up or pushed back or spur-of-the-moment? The answer might indicate whether or not the HK situation had anything to do with this case. Maybe a plan had been in the works for a while... and by whom, who knows.

Last edited:
If the trip that day was for only a two-mile hike for rock formations exploration... why would they need to bring along the camper? To carry a gallon of water and one or two sixer's?

It's like driving a tractor-trailer combo to the local gardening store to purchase and bring home one small potted plant.

I've also been wondering: does LE have GPS-tracking info on RT's phone (assuming RT carried his phone on his person during the entire day of the hike)? Umm.. strictly for search location purposes...

If the trip that day was for only a two-mile hike for rock formations exploration... why would they need to bring along the camper? To carry a gallon of water and one or two sixer's?

It's like driving a tractor-trailer combo to the local gardening store to purchase and bring home one small potted plant.

I've also been wondering: does LE have GPS-tracking info on RT's phone (assuming RT carried his phone on his person during the entire day of the hike)? Umm.. strictly for search location purposes...

AFAIK, earlier in the week, BT told her relatives that they were going on a camping trip and would be unreachable for several days. So it sounds like she understood them to be going on a camping trip with the new RV.

I've also wondered whether LE was able to get tracking info on RT's phone as well as on the truck. JMO

The trip was for a few days, she told the HK group. I believe it was a few days before the camping trip that she spoke to them.

Yes, it does seem strange. That said, returning home the same day would be a long day of driving so if one has a new rig, one might want to spend the night somewhere and head home the next day.

What do all of you think really happened to Barbara? Whether it's an educated guess or just a guess from the heart, what happened and why ?

Jeeze. Well, she wasn't abducted and murdered because she crossed a street w/a bikini and a beer. She didn't get lost 1/4 mile from her RV destination because she had early onset or was suffering from heat over-exposure or she was drunk. That leaves ...

IMO, BT would have stayed in HK for the duration, caring for her brother, along with other family members . I wonder if there was anyone in the States who didn't want BT to go to HK and stay for the duration......................
didn't dbdb11 post Barbaras return date? I suppose she could have extended her stay, but I do not think that was the original purpose.
Edited as found link CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Barbara's return date was 1 August.

Lexi was in the kennel for 30 days until her son got her out? RT never got Lexi from the kennel? How did I miss that detail? Dang.
You think her son flew to Arizona from Indiana to get her dog out of the kennel, then what, fly Lexi back to Indiana?
He hasn't flown to Calif to look for his mother I highly doubt he would make a trip to get her dog out of the kennel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd