Found Deceased FL - Taylor Rose Williams, 5, Jacksonville, 6 Nov 2019 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAYLOR WILLIAMS' CASE-- Taylor Williams' family is speaking out for the first time since the five year old was reported missing last week. Investigators feel confident the remains found off County Rd 44 in Marengo County are those of Taylor Williams.
Certina Williams (Taylor's Great Aunt) and her husband Boyd Jackson opened up to me about their heartache Tuesday inside the Linden home where they say Taylor's mother, Brianna Williams was raised.

WVUA 23 Chelsea Barton
Now they talk???? SMH.

Surely a team, whether military personnel or first responders, or even LE if they were allowed on base, searched Brianna's personal belongings, her barracks room, any bottles emptied of prescription meds, or OTC meds, to attempt to determine what she ingested. I would think they would know since wasn't it stated she was found unresponsive in her room?

Whatever happened did not happen on base. Why would they take over?
Then why was the sheriff on the way to arrest her? Would the MPs do it ? Sheriff would relay the request? Seems like the Navy may not have jurisdiction? More research needed IMO since this was reported
MP's don't leave the base to arrest people. I didn't say Civilian LE wouldn't do anything to her. They can charge her and she can still be Court Martialed by the Navy. Point is no matter where you commit your crime, on or off base, you will be punished on base in some manner.

MP's don't leave the base to arrest people. I didn't say Civilian LE wouldn't do anything to her. They can charge her and she can still be Court Martialed by the Navy. Point is no matter where you commit your crime, on or off base, you will be punished on base in some manner.
Thanks for clarifying! Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I have learned a great deal about our military on this thread.

I shouldn't speculate this early in the investigation, but I can't help it. When I first heard she wasn't talking or visiting with family my first thought was she might be involved with a married man. Just a thought....
When talk of a boyfriend came up I wondered if maybe an officer? Could she be afraid to give information on a man involved because she would also be in trouble for the relationship?

I overdosed 3 years ago and was airlifted to Mayo. My boyfriend was told I may not make it and to say some prayers. I was on a ventilator for a few days before I regained consciousness in the ICU. I also have friends from treatment who have overdosed and had to receive dialysis in the ICU because their kidneys were failing. It can be very serious. I’ve had several attempts and that was the only time I was in the ICU. The other times I was alert and given charcoal and transferred to a behavioral health treatment center after a few hours of observation in the ER.
Peach— just had to say I’m glad you’re hear and glad you are ok and healed enough emotionally to be able to share.

You are of extraordinary character and intuitive beyond measure. It has been my pleasure to be here with you for years.

Losing my daughter to murder, (and them not being able to prove it) gives me a unique perspective as well as feelings on much of what we discuss.

I understand their feelings- and many here also understand mine- having walked in shoes no one wants to wear. Her death or life and punishment won't bring Taylor back...
I am so incredibly sorry. You are one I admire here and learning of your background deepens that.

Bottom line....if someone is determined to kill themselves they will find a way. You can watch them all you want but you can't watch them 24/7. A trip to the bathroom is all it takes.

My boss's son comitted suicide by overdosing on Nyquil (Cold Medicine). He drank the whole bottle, went to sleep, his heart stopped and he never woke up. It was intentional.

You don't have to go to a drug dealer or a Doctor to get pills to overdose. Common over the counter drugs will do the job.

I wish I didn't know this.
you are so right. (Hugs)

Surely a team, whether military personnel or first responders, or even LE if they were allowed on base, searched Brianna's personal belongings, her barracks room, any bottles emptied of prescription meds, or OTC meds, to attempt to determine what she ingested. I would think they would know since wasn't it stated she was found unresponsive in her room?
I would think if she was on suicide watch, all blades, meds, shoelaces, sheets etc would be removed?

I would wonder how often someone attempts with substances other than meds. It seems so desperate to me.

When talk of a boyfriend came up I wondered if maybe an officer? Could she be afraid to give information on a man involved because she would also be in trouble for the relationship?
My first response was No! You don’t sacrifice your child for anyone. But then, I had to step back and continue to watch this story come together.

I was actually going to say. If you didn’t follow what was normally expected in a case like this and instead made it movie dramatic..

The storyline could be - relationship with a superior, death of daughter accidentally or neglectfully while he was present, him insisting on missing story followed by forced suicide. But that’s a conspiracy theory movie type almost and most definitely not Occam’s razor.

This was a speculation I also had. Married or higher ranking? The military does not take kindly to fraternization for the higher ranking military member, the lower ranking military member doesn't tend to get the harsher punishment as the higher ranking person should "know better". Now, say this person had no direct involvement in the death of TRW, but was a witness. Just being there and then there knowledge of the relationship coming out, could get super sticky for them. Careers and retirement are ruined over fraternization and it's a BFD. You have to spend 20+ years of your life doing a (sometimes) grueling, arduous and difficult job for the promise of a decent retirement package, only to have it ruined by an irresponsible mistake....? Again, speculation. It is a theory.

Knowing the Navy like I do...20 years retired...the Navy is all about cleaning. Do we have maids cleaning our barracks rooms...uhh no! Do they get inspected? Yes. All the time. One reason I hated living in the barracks...having said that, cleaning supplies are essential in your room. I bet not a single person imagined she would ingest anything like that. So, quite possibly that is what she had access to, Maybe it was a medication, but I don't know many sailors that are allowed to be on benzos and some of those types of drugs. Btw, we were constantly tested for illegal drugs and illegal prescription drugs, it's random, they draw a,number, usually the last number of your ssn. Everyone that had an ssn that matches that number got tested. Never knew when it could happen and it wasn't unusual for your number to be picked multiple times in a row. Also, it's all urine testing and you are observed with the cubicle door open whilst you go. And drug sniffing dogs can show up at your work center and parking lot at random times too.So, more than likely she was not a drug user.

Knowing the Navy like I do...20 years retired...the Navy is all about cleaning. Do we have maids cleaning our barracks rooms...uhh no! Do they get inspected? Yes. All the time. One reason I hated living in the barracks...having said that, cleaning supplies are essential in your room. I bet not a single person imagined she would ingest anything like that. So, quite possibly that is what she had access to, Maybe it was a medication, but I don't know many sailors that are allowed to be on benzos and some of those types of drugs. Btw, we were constantly tested for illegal drugs and illegal prescription drugs, it's random, they draw a,number, usually the last number of your ssn. Everyone that had an ssn that matches that number got tested. Never knew when it could happen and it wasn't unusual for your number to be picked multiple times in a row. Also, it's all urine testing and you are observed with the cubicle door open whilst you go. And drug sniffing dogs can show up at your work center and parking lot at random times too.So, more than likely she was not a drug user.

Tbh, I was thinking cleaning supplies too.

She is not a commissioned officer. Her rank is Petty Officer First Class. She is an enlisted E-6. If she was a commissioned officer,she would be making double what an enlisted person makes. I do see this confusion all the time with Navy ranks because "officer" is in her rank designation, but she is an enlisted servicemember. Officers all have college degrees, she more than likely dropped out of college and joined the Navy. If she had had a degree, she would have been an officer. Now, that is not saying enlisted personnel dont have degress...many do, but most of them finish up their degrees while enlisted - going to night classes, or through correspondence courses during their free time. And when you are enlisted and do obtain a degree- you do not automatically become an officer, there is a very strict process you have to go through to even be a candidate and then you have to get chosen, they only choose the best and there is a cap on how many each time. You can stay enlisted with your degrees also and not go the officer route...my boss was a Master Chief (one of he highest enlisted rates) with a Master's degree he obtained while in the Navy. Edited to add: because she had a dependent and had to live off base (since she didn't live in base housing) she automatically got a housing allowance and bas. Single folks can get that too if there is no room at the barracks for them and they have to live off base.

Isn't she considered an NCO? That is what I was saying. I just have USMC experience to draw from though. In any case, she should have been ok financially.

Thank you for the info and for your service!!

Does she have a living will?

IMO I would think so..
My Son is a Marine and has to have one...

Military are required to have a will, but not necessarily a living will.

As an E-6 with a dependent, her BAH and pay grade would be pretty substantial. My son is an E-6 and is single, and can afford a higher end apartment on the water in Tampa, and still has plenty of money left over. Ironically, he was stationed in JAX until he was sent to his new duty station a couple of years ago. I was at work reading the updates today, and am heartbroken and just plain want answers. Why didn't she reach out to the many, many resources available on base? There are so many of them :(

E-6 with 7 years of service would make a base salary of $3,721 a month. BAH for Jacksonville, with dependents would be $1,743 a month.
2019 Military Pay Chart 2.6% (All Pay Grades)
https://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/pdcgi/bah/bahsrch.cgi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member