Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last photo Libby took, showing Abby on the bridge, there is a shadowy figure at the end of the Bridge, in the background, in the center. Could this be the Bridge Guy starting his crossing of the bridge? See attached photos.The 2nd photo is a blowup of part of the first photo. View attachment 214884 View attachment 214885

These were posts at the end to keep vehicles/atv's from coming on the bridge.

What possible reason would cause someone to hire an assassin to kill two pre-teen girls? The “person” who was screening tips? How about the 10-20 people who were manning the tip line? Why would one officer decide to throw away the magic tip that would solve the case? What possible reason would cause that to happen?

The truth is, we don't know the reason why the girls were killed. So I can with equal possibility assume he was an SK, had a personal relationship with one of the girls and targeted her for personal reasons, was power-obsessed misogynist, or, sadly, had more prosaic reason to remove one of the girls as she accidentally became privy to someone else's secret that was threatening his reputation, integrity, and even freedom. If the perpetrator was an adult who had money and opportunity, but not a career criminal, then it would have been easier to hire someone to do the job than go to that bridge himself.

As to the screening process, I don't know who is involved. Does the LE have the manpower to use only policemen for the tip line, do they contract people, or use trusted volunteers? I assume that with the amount of the tips, to man the lines with only police department officers is humanely impossible.

I don't know if the DNA was thrown away, all I know that broken chain of custody means this DNA can't be used in court. Can a chain of custody technically be broken if this DNA was handled by a person who is now under suspicion? I think so.

All I heard was that for two years, the investigation was down the wrong path. That they were intentionally misled. Who misled them? Some outsider they trusted? Possible. One of their own? Not improbable. Someone they trusted.

In the last photo Libby took, showing Abby on the bridge, there is a shadowy figure at the end of the Bridge, in the background, in the center. Could this be the Bridge Guy starting his crossing of the bridge? See attached photos.The 2nd photo is a blowup of part of the first photo. View attachment 214884 View attachment 214885

Woo-boy. That doesn't look anything like the posts/fence across the end of the bridge we've seen in other photos.

Thank you for posting this.

I thought this was an interesting arrest in Indiana. Dugger is quite a distance from Delphi. It is the young age of his victims that caught my eye, plus he resembles the NBG a bit. My own opinion.
Dugger Man Arrested for Sexual Battery

Wow, you caught my attention with this guy. I agree about the resemblance to NBG.

But blue eyes???? Aargh.

Thank you for posting this.

The truth is, we don't know the reason why the girls were killed. So I can with equal possibility assume he was an SK, had a personal relationship with one of the girls and targeted her for personal reasons, was power-obsessed misogynist, or, sadly, had more prosaic reason to remove one of the girls as she accidentally became privy to someone else's secret that was threatening his reputation, integrity, and even freedom. If the perpetrator was an adult who had money and opportunity, but not a career criminal, then it would have been easier to hire someone to do the job than go to that bridge himself.

As to the screening process, I don't know who is involved. Does the LE have the manpower to use only policemen for the tip line, do they contract people, or use trusted volunteers? I assume that with the amount of the tips, to man the lines with only police department officers is humanely impossible.

I don't know if the DNA was thrown away, all I know that broken chain of custody means this DNA can't be used in court. Can a chain of custody technically be broken if this DNA was handled by a person who is now under suspicion? I think so.

All I heard was that for two years, the investigation was down the wrong path. That they were intentionally misled. Who misled them? Some outsider they trusted? Possible. One of their own? Not improbable. Someone they trusted.
I don't think LE ever stated that they were deliberately misled. Whatever erroneous assumptions they made may well have been based on honest mistakes.

That makes a lot of sense.
Ask for witnesses who may have seen the driver of the car, then show the witness sketch of who they think was the driver if the car.

Could be that's why both bits of info were brought up in the presser, plus the "Guys" part of the audio was released to help tie some the information together.

JMO

Imagine, it could be PERHAPS a new sort of serial killer, who thrill-kills (senseless) men, women, girls, boys, a duo or single victim, in several states over the years. Common ground: area, where it takes place (woods/trails/creeks/lakes/bridges/mountains/churches); the same weapons; puncture wounds to head/chest of the victim; murder in a flash; murderer in disguise; escaped into no-where. Hiding in plain sight after the killing, in HIS state, in HIS successful life.
I don't want to think, it could be something like that!

I agree with your post FromGermany.

BG is like a daylight phantom, and strikes in secluded places. Able to
slip in and out without raising much suspicion. He may have attempted similar crimes or even been successful before, but this time all the variables that had to work in his favor, did, and he murdered two juveniles.

I'm of the opinion he'll be caught, eventually. Serial killer IK murdered in secluded and even remote areas, we don't even know the names of most of his victims. He was able to murder and slip away in most of his crimes, without the notoriety and sensationalism which has happened in the Delphi case. He didn't want it, early on. Then IK changed his tactics, and got caught. He went against his own "rules", but I think too something in his mind might have been telling him to get caught, while at the same time he had to ratchet up the thrill in his killings.

BG went all-out in this case, what we know about it is frightening, and that has to be what BG is after. Scare the families. Scare the town. Scare people in Indiana and surrounding states. Scare people who like walks in the woods. Scare people all over the world paying attention to this case.

I know I was scared, and I'm about BG's size, maybe bigger. I look over my shoulder while out walking trails here in Indiana. BG has affected millions of people all over the world, and I believe that was the aftermath he desired, and he gets off on the notoriety. Yet when he strikes again, he may change his tactics some, and may even try to surpass the brazen attack he did that day.

JMO

They didn't ask for details about the car though, they asked for the driver of the car, I had the same thought as you and asked that clarifying question a thread or so back. That solidified for me that they weren't really wanting tips about that at the PC, as you said who could possibly remember details like that 2yrs later when it hadn't previously been asked for, they made that comment to let BG know they know they finally connected the dots and that the image they were about to release in that PC was from the interaction he knows he had with that witness that day, who we know sat for that sketch a few days after the murders because she saw something that day that was off.

I could not understand why after 45,000 tips LE goes back to something that was created 3 days after the crime? Yet they were not confident of this 2nd sketch in February 2017? The only thing I can say for sure after seeing the released sketches is that it does not match the truck driver I saw(and tipped in numerous time). I guess we have all seen the Delphi killer at some point.

The fact of the matter is that psychologically we are not as good at paying attention as we think we are. So even if a witness saw this bridge guy suspect out on the Monon High Bridge Trail that day, they would have no reason to focus on any specific features well enough to help create a composite sketch. This often times is the problem associated with sketches created with the help of eyewitnesses. They think they are correct. But many times it is false confidence. As human beings we like to think we are good at remembering details and being correct about those details.

And this is what makes what Liberty German did that day so remarkable. Thinking that a strange person is walking towards you is a lot different than thinking that same person is going to kill you.

I will let you figure out why I think what she did is remarkable.

I don't think LE ever stated that they were deliberately misled. Whatever erroneous assumptions they made may well have been based on honest mistakes.

And I think this is the issue about websleuthing - at some point the details of theories that are being discussed become "truths" in our minds and are being adopted as such. I can imagine that this is exactly why LE say it may hinder the investigation. On the other hand, it's great that we check each other and point out these details.

And this is what makes what Liberty German did that day so remarkable. Thinking that a strange person is walking towards you is a lot different than thinking that same person is going to kill you.

I will let you figure out why I think what she did is remarkable.

SBM
Those spidey senses must have kicked in big time. Something must have triggered those. I'm not sure I would have had the wherewithal. Smart young lady, that one - even though the video is blurry it may jog someone's memory.

They didn't ask for details about the car though, they asked for the driver of the car, I had the same thought as you and asked that clarifying question a thread or so back. That solidified for me that they weren't really wanting tips about that at the PC, as you said who could possibly remember details like that 2yrs later when it hadn't previously been asked for, they made that comment to let BG know they know they finally connected the dots and that the image they were about to release in that PC was from the interaction he knows he had with that witness that day, who we know sat for that sketch a few days after the murders because she saw something that day that was off.
Very well put!

Oh boy. I commend him for answering the questions but the answers were...well, there are really no words, especially with regard to the reasons given for calling off the search and his reasoning for telling the community they weren't in danger.

ETA: I've come up with a word...mind-boggling.

I agree with your post FromGermany.

BG is like a daylight phantom, and strikes in secluded places. Able to
slip in and out without raising much suspicion. He may have attempted similar crimes or even been successful before, but this time all the variables that had to work in his favor, did, and he murdered two juveniles.

I'm of the opinion he'll be caught, eventually. Serial killer IK murdered in secluded and even remote areas, we don't even know the names of most of his victims. He was able to murder and slip away in most of his crimes, without the notoriety and sensationalism which has happened in the Delphi case. He didn't want it, early on. Then IK changed his tactics, and got caught. He went against his own "rules", but I think too something in his mind might have been telling him to get caught, while at the same time he had to ratchet up the thrill in his killings.

BG went all-out in this case, what we know about it is frightening, and that has to be what BG is after. Scare the families. Scare the town. Scare people in Indiana and surrounding states. Scare people who like walks in the woods. Scare people all over the world paying attention to this case.

I know I was scared, and I'm about BG's size, maybe bigger. I look over my shoulder while out walking trails here in Indiana. BG has affected millions of people all over the world, and I believe that was the aftermath he desired, and he gets off on the notoriety. Yet when he strikes again, he may change his tactics some, and may even try to surpass the brazen attack he did that day.

JMO
IF the BG is on a mission for a "respected" and "alarming" thrill-kill, which will shake the whole state (and even other states) and will cause "Breaking News" in the media, then my question is:
What does he have of it, if he will never be caught? Nobody will ever know, who this self-styled "mastermind" is. That has to make him feeling unsatisfied in the long run. No reports about his brilliant photographic knowledge of areas, no reports of his brilliant different disguises, no reports of his brilliant escape routes (because all this is at least partly unknown, as long as he isn't caught and doesn't confess). Then WHY does he kill, fGs? Only in order to vent for the moment? A completely senseless, nasty mission, IF it is a mission. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie