Found Deceased FL - Taylor Rose Williams, 5, Jacksonville, 6 Nov 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
State Attorney Melissa Nelson acknowledged the questions still unanswered in Taylor’s disappearance and said Tuesday that her department’s work is just beginning.

“The amount of information we have is, frankly, staggering and the legal implications complicated,” Nelson said. “This will require the systematic investigation of every piece of information, item of evidence, and lead to date.” Mother of missing Florida 5-year-old arrested, hospitalized for apparent overdose

time to get acquainted with the state attorney, Ms. Nelson

Two years ago, Melissa Nelson took over the State Attorney’s Office with promises to transform the culture in an office that had been long criticized for its harsh approach to justice. Now, a survey of prosecutors in her office shows that she may still have a way to go before everyone who works for her gets on board Melissa Nelson was elected to change the State Attorney's Office. Not all of her prosecutors are buying it.

Nelson took over the State Attorney’s Office promising fairer, smarter prosecutions. Six months later, Nelson has created policies aimed at accomplishing just that, though activists hope to push her even further. She has allowed police to more freely use civil citations for juveniles, keeping children out of jail and away from criminal charges. State Attorney promised to reform the office. Six months later, has she delivered?

She seems very well qualified and not afraid to rattle some cages in the pursuit of justice that contains fairness. I will be interested in watching her work.
“Item of evidence” as in there is only 1 item of evidence??!?

I don't think it's that odd. The neighbor may have just had something else specific happen to them on that date and that's why they have such a clear idea as to it's specifics. JMO

The poster was talking about Taylor’s father saying ‘no comment’.

And in my honest opinion it is absolutely odd, cold and an uninterested approach to finding out that your daughter has been found dead and her mother is to blame.

The poster was talking about Taylor’s father saying ‘no comment’.

And in my honest opinion it is absolutely odd, cold and an uninterested approach to finding out that your daughter has been found dead and her mother is to blame.

In my opinion, I don't know the situation he was in when approached for a comment, and that could have very well played a part in his response.

Daycare teachers shouldn't be posting on SM nor talking to media.

I'm sure her teachers remember her well and are devastated. They would know what she loved, who she was.

I don't think a daycare would request a welfare check just because a child stopped attending, unless the parent never gave a reason why. If a welfare check was requested, they must have felt something was off. Just speculating / guessing, though.

And some fathers prefer not to have anything to do with the children they create from conception on. We have only his family members words to say she kept Taylor from them. It's possible that was a convenient excuse given by him as to why he wasn't involved in Tay's life.

Mr. Jackson appears to have been a nonentity in Taylor's life. How sad for that baby. Seems like all she had was her mother and her mother allowed her to just fade away until she didn't even see her child anymore. MOO
bbm
True.

Poor child.
Let down by everyone in her life, it would seem.

And some fathers prefer not to have anything to do with the children they create from conception on. We have only his family members words to say she kept Taylor from them. It's possible that was a convenient excuse given by him as to why he wasn't involved in Tay's life.

Mr. Jackson appears to have been a nonentity in Taylor's life. How sad for that baby. Seems like all she had was her mother and her mother allowed her to just fade away until she didn't even see her child anymore. MOO

But didn't he indicate he hasn't seen her since BW basically cut everyone off? Not to say he couldn't have hired an attorney.

Daycare teachers shouldn't be posting on SM nor talking to media.

I'm sure her teachers remember her well and are devastated. They would know what she loved, who she was.

I don't think a daycare would request a welfare check just because a child stopped attending, unless the parent never gave a reason why. If a welfare check was requested, they must have felt something was off. Just speculating / guessing, though.
Well Head Start does conduct wellness checks after a child is out 3 days. Even when the family contacts us, it we have any suspicions or unease, we go! Or are supposed to!

Well Head Start does conduct wellness checks after a child is out 3 days. Even when the family contacts us, it we have any suspicions or unease, we go! Or are supposed to!

And this is the way it should be. I had always assumed if a child wasn’t registered by a caregiver each day as to a reason for non-attendance at a school / nursery by law they have to make a call to social work / welfare.

"A.B. recalled that the last time he observed Williams and Taylor Rose together was May 21, 2019. A.B. asked Williams about Taylor Rose's whereabouts on a couple of occasions and Williams advised A.B. that Taylor Rose was in Alabama
with her grandparents." @ActionNewsJax

Paige Kelton on Twitter
Wonder what date it was when he realized she was gone...

Well, if she's been dead for months, and I suspect she has, what prompted this missing report?

I'm also interested in any feedback we might get regarding the condition of the home when the police arrived. Did it look like a small child was even living there?
Exactly why now? What pushed her to report?

Oh, wow. It must happen often due to illness or vacations, though? I guess I should be more careful what I post. Where we live they couldn't care less if a child doesn't attend daycare for awhile, as long as you let them know why and keep paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288