GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - we discussed that before as some of us did find it odd for sure! She was at a nice restaurant.
I don’t know if I could find all the other posts at this time dizzychick but we thought it was an odd choice for her to wear to the restaurant, considering the restaurant, her age and profession, discussed the symbolism of owl’s with this case and also someone had suggested that maybe due to her detour to DM’s house and the crime scene tape she was delayed and didn’t have enough time to go home and change if she was planning to.

IMO the craziest thing I heard from the divorce depos (part 4) was the "plan" WA had for DM's relocation to South Florida.

WA starts seeking new employment in October, as she is unsure if her program will be funded and/or renewed. She also says DM created a hostile work environment.

She says she sent out many letters for employment in Tallahassee (she mentions 2 firms). Surprise, surprise she eventually lands an offer with a law firm based in South Florida. No surprise, one of the partners of the firm is life-long friend of the family having known her since birth.

She wants DM to quit his job and move in with some of his relatives that have an apartment there. SAY WHATo_O....and by the line of questioning it seems they are elderly and no longer own a house there.....the whole scenario is weird...very Wendi.

Boy I bet she was floored when Danny started moving on with his life and got his NYC girlfriend.

Last edited:
IMO the saddest part of the divorce depos (part 3)

Apparently WA has sought counseling from a friend who has a double PH. D in child and family issues. The question asked of WA is:

Q: Did she tell you that the three worst things that could happen to a child is divorce, death and relocation?
A: No, she didn’t​

:(All THREE happened to those poor kids:(

forgive me if this was already mentioned, but do you find it bizarre that on the day of the murder Wendi was called into the police interview wearing an OWL T-Shirt? LOL Just too weird

Police Release Videotape Of Wendi Adelson Learning Of Husband’s Murder

"If (Wendi) Adelson knew, she is the most calculating conspirator I have ever seen. Conversely, if she did not know, these comments only serve to confirm that she also thinks the most likely suspects would be in her own family."

I know it took a great deal of time for ML to re-record these... But, he (and the student!) did a very good job.

Yes, I agree. This format is so much easier to follow. It really takes two people for a Q&A reading. I watched both versions and very much appreciate all his time and efforts.

His student was great! I wish I had focused more on my future in high school. I was too busy shopping, attending concerts:cool: (following murders even back then)

eta: spelling grammar

Well it looks like Garcia has made it to his new "home". He ended up at Taylor Correctional (((Institute))) located in Perry, Fla. Can you imagine that bus ride knowing it will likely be the last one you ever take? According to the prison talk forum it is a real s hole run by red necks :cool:
11/13/2019
Thank you for registering for victim notification through the Florida VINE program.
This email is to inform you that SIGFREDO GARCIA, with offender number M25867, was transferred from Reception and Medical Center West Unit to the custody of Taylor CI as of 11/13/2019. Your registration has also been transferred. You will continue to receive updates about this offender. For more information, contact the new facility. The telephone number is (850) 838-4000.
If you need immediate assistance, call the Florida VINE Service at 1-877-846-3435 and press zero (0) to speak with a VINE operator or visit www.vinelink.com for the most current information regarding this offender's custody status.
Thank you,
The Florida VINE Service

This was interesting. The informant says Donna Adelson was paying for the hit. Garcia admitted to being the shooter, saying Luis Rivera couldn't have actually seen what happened while sitting in the passenger seat while he got out to kill Dan (paraphrasing). The informant very clearly implicates Katie as being the conduit. What's interesting is that SG wanted KM to do anything to save herself....yet she didn't....

"I couldn't tell if when we were talking in the car if I was a suspect."

How did she know there was an event she could be a suspect in if he just told her when they were in the room?
??that's the ^^^$100,000.00^^^ question??
Very curios in her spiel she chooses to say such and such instead of the actual time. She also says when we listened to the message. Who is we? Asks about Miranda rights when phone consent is mentioned. Seems she knew his every move that morning.
Right before finding out her phone will be taken she blurts out “our last interaction wasn’t nice. I am just looking here (looking at text on phone); Dan wanted to take the boys this afternoon, and I had wanted to have them, and I talked it over with my brother and I realized, you know if their dad wants to take them swimming it’s not worth getting upset over. He sent me that message at 9:15 this morning.”

Detective, you were telling me before when we were riding up here, that the agreement was that you all were going to have some type of phone call at 11:15 this morning. Is that correct?

"Well, not exactly, just that we needed to talk about B’s school. We have to decide before Monday of what to do about his school, I thought it was at 11:15 but when we listened to the message it was 10:30. He went to like a work out class at the gym at Premier and he said I am going to be out of it at such and such time you can call me then.... I called him at 11:42 and got his answering machine, I left him a message....."

So in other words the whole meeting at 10:30 or 11:15 didn’t happen?

“Just didn’t happen”

??that's the ^^^$100,000.00^^^ question??
Very curios in her spiel she chooses to say such and such instead of the actual time. She also says when we listened to the message. Who is we? Asks about Miranda rights when phone consent is mentioned. Seems she knew his every move that morning.
Right before finding out her phone will be taken she blurts out “our last interaction wasn’t nice. I am just looking here (looking at text on phone); Dan wanted to take the boys this afternoon, and I had wanted to have them, and I talked it over with my brother and I realized, you know if their dad wants to take them swimming it’s not worth getting upset over. He sent me that message at 9:15 this morning.”

Detective, you were telling me before when we were riding up here, that the agreement was that you all were going to have some type of phone call at 11:15 this morning. Is that correct?

"Well, not exactly, just that we needed to talk about B’s school. We have to decide before Monday of what to do about his school, I thought it was at 11:15 but when we listened to the message it was 10:30. He went to like a work out class at the gym at Premier and he said I am going to be out of it at such and such time you can call me then.... I called him at 11:42 and got his answering machine, I left him a message....."

So in other words the whole meeting at 10:30 or 11:15 didn’t happen?

“Just didn’t happen”

Do you think that the time and subject of "the talk" was part of the plot -- so that WA or CA knew for sure that Dan would be at home during this specific period and thereby available to the hapless hitmen?

This came into my email news feed just now -- a WTXL TV report from yesterday on SG's appeal: Sigfredo Garcia appealing first degree murder conviction
Welcome to the thread @Kath1963 ! :);)
snipped
"Right now, Garcia doesn't have an attorney for the appeal process. Saam Zangeneh, his attorney during the trial had this to say back in October. "I'm not an appellate attorney so I have thoughts about the severance issue and certain issues that came up in the case but I'm not an appellate attorney and since this is a death penalty case, this is going to go straight to the Supreme Court," said Zangeneh."

In SG's "own words" in his "love letter" to KM he says he will fight until they are so tired of him they will just release him.o_O

It also looks like Zangeneh has filed a recent motion for additional monies for a gang expert. Ironically the first appeal was filed in the wrong district and without filing the insolvency paperwork. They can't even find district court one much less the Supreme Court.:);)

I guess this is Zangeneh's final efforts for SG before his withdrawal of counsel is approved.

Last edited:
Do you think that the time and subject of "the talk" was part of the plot -- so that WA or CA knew for sure that Dan would be at home during this specific period and thereby available to the hapless hitmen?

YES most definitely. She is already very familiar with DM's routine but I think it was an extra "precaution" taken to verify or pinpoint his morning activities. Later in the interview she mentions she lost her voice and was unable to discuss the schooling....(so she has put off this school talk twice?) I will have to go back and verify what was said. That video was filled with so many oddities and interesting tidbits it was hard to focus on just one.

One thing I would really like to know and sadly never will. When Rivera says the man is going out of town. It has to be done. Are they actually talking about Lacassee? Just like we don't know if the woman is DA or WA who orders the hit? Of course we assume it is DM since he is the target but WA could pretty much manipulate and find out his schedule fairly easily. Was the urgency really Lacassee leaving?

ETA: it seems like WA was a "planner" my god she had to pencil in a reminder to "talk to Lacassee about their relationship"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members