CA - 3 dead, including gunman, Saugus High School, Santa Clarita, 14 Nov 2019

How would he know for sure who exactly would be at the school that early for it to be a targeted shooting?

I have to check out shortly. Doing a fund raiser bake sale. Glad my day will end on a much nicer note than the folks affected by this horrific act.
ETA- ironically enough the bake sale is for local Mental Health

So he didn't flee as first thought. He was one of the one's laying on the ground. Saved his last shot for himself. I guess it would take time for LE to know this given he shot himself in the head. I would think that would be a hot mess. (insert sarcasm) I have no use for these shooters!

I've got no use for killers, period.
Lots of people lose a parent during their teenage years, and manage to pull through it all without harming anyone.
The responsibility for the deaths and injuries this "kid" inflicted lies squarely on his shoulders. Whether he used a knife, a gun, a bomb or a car, he is just another lowlife killer.

So he didn't flee as first thought. He was one of the one's laying on the ground. Saved his last shot for himself. I guess it would take time for LE to know this given he shot himself in the head.

This would be accurate given the circumstances. The first LEO's to respond likely saw the pistol on the ground near the body/bodies. The LEO's are engaging the situation with very limited info, and wondering upon this scene most likely looked like a pool of victims and a discarded weapon, with the shooter still at large.

Well done,this alert teacher acted quickly! rbbm. Names initialed bm.
Two Students Killed, Three Wounded In Shooting At Saugus High School In Santa Clarita; Suspect Opened Fire On 16th Birthday
"Classes had just gotten underway when the shooting happened, so the campus was not completely full.

“All of a sudden we hear this distinctive sound outside, so my teacher quickly sprang to his feet,” student M P told CBS2. “(He) got up, locked the door, asked one of the students to get the keys. So we reinforced it. Turned off all the lights. Then we got a bunch of desks and stuff and reinforced the doors. And then we all stayed hidden.”

“I was in class just doing my work as usual and all of a sudden I heard loud pops, loud bangs…two seconds later there were people sprinting, screaming…two students came into our room saying someone has a gun, so we locked the room,” student S told CBS2.

Parent B S described his daughter’s experience.

“She heard the shots as well, she was in the quad where it started, and ran to the band room and locked the door behind her and told everybody to get down,” S told CBS2 by phone."

Are there any theories on why people are choosing to do this now? It seems like it started about 15 -20 years ago, but what would be the cause? Guns and mental illness have both been around for quite awhile.
Moo
Could it be we have no role models? While parents should be a kid's role model, I don't hear today's youth saying they want to be like anyone.

I have been following the news on Fox since earlier this morning off, and on as time allowed so I may have missed this if it's been answered.

Anyway, do they have metal detectors at this school, and if so have they said how they think he was able to get the gun into the area that was inside of his bag?

Also does this school have armed security guards posted at each entrance?

TIA!

Prayers for all victims, both killed and those in the hospital, their families, and all students who attends this school.

jmho
As far as I have been able to "sleuth" there was supposed to be at least one school security officer on duty.....moo

Are there any theories on why people are choosing to do this now? It seems like it started about 15 -20 years ago, but what would be the cause? Guns and mental illness have both been around for quite awhile.
Moo

Inspiration from other shootings; each one perpetuates the next.

This just didn’t occur to kids years ago, but everyone is aware of Columbine and the shootings since.

24 Hour news, social media; this is the way to avenge a grievance, and achieve some level of fame.

Inspiration from other shootings; each one perpetuates the next.

This just didn’t occur to kids years ago, but everyone is aware of Columbine and the shootings since.

24 Hour news, social media; this is the way to avenge a grievance, and achieve some level of fame.
We need to get rid of 24 Hour news & Social Media.

Moo
Officially no... However my own point directly back to the media. MSM isn't the same as it was 15-20 years ago. It's no secret that something like this becomes a feedback loop that only encourages further acts of violence. The next always trying to out do the last. The Media could cover the news without glorifying it in the way they do. They pretend they're not but their endless nonstop saturation clearly exhibits the opposite is true. In that action they're letting the next lose cannon know they'll get even bigger exposure. The news didn't behave this way when Charles Whitman went to the observation tower in 1966 and rained down a hail of bullets onto the students at the University of Texas.

One of the proverbial bulls in the china shop in these shootings are SSRI drugs. Stats from toxicology results from some mass shooters after they off themselves or are killed by LE have shown they had SSRI's in their systems. Going the other way, some mass shooters were off their meds when they went on a rampage.

Decades ago kids took their guns to school, so they could bring dinner home. High schools had shooting clubs.

Nowadays, the schools are locked down after class starts like minimum security county jails, and yet we keep having school shootings. Why? Considering the fact that guns were considered acceptable years ago, and there were virtually no shootings, yet today school lots are gun-free zones, how, all of a sudden in the 90's, did the school shootings start?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back