Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they did, earlier in the trial.

Jurors were told how data showed the man had used Google to browse websites for large duffel bags, suitcases and car hire.

The court also heard the defendant researched disposing of a body and Googled "flesh-eating birds" and "are there vultures in New Zealand?" days after Grace’s murder.

Other records showed the defendant had searched online for "the hottest fire", "large bags near me" and "Waitakere Ranges" — where Ms Millane's body was later found contorted inside a suitcase on December 9, 2018 — before going on another Tinder date later that day.

Grace’s dad, David, looked directly at the defendant as the detective confirmed *advertiser censored* was looked at on the man's phone after his daughter's death on December 2 last year.

But he cast his eyes down when he heard the defendant had searched online for "rigor mortis".

Grace’s Tinder date ‘Googled ‘flesh-eating birds’ & ‘hottest fire’ after murder’

Thanks @PrimeSuspect I either missed or forgot that. We only get snippets, not the full court manuscript, so I hope the prosecutor makes a point of the timing of this. I'm sure they will. Like they need me to tell them how to do their job :D

Actually makes me sick that the whole "50 shades of grey" thing is actually working for men now.....i mean wtf?
(Im not saying it is for him, he is dumb as hell)
Do we now have to start writing down b4 hand that we have discussed we like a bit of rough but that does not mean i want to be killed!
A recent case makes me sick, if u read the details its so blatantly obvious what that man did to her and got THREE years....he just appealed that and luckily was refused but it just tells me men have the red light now to rape and murder women and can get away with saying she wanted it!

This is a dark and dangerous path.

On the other hand i dont have 1 doubt he wont get what he deserves for this LE have not let us down in one step in this case and the kiwis know the world is watching .
Wonder how many twisted women will be penning fan letters to him...weird

Actually makes me sick that the whole "50 shades of grey" thing is actually working for men now.....i mean wtf?
(Im not saying it is for him, he is dumb as hell)
Do we now have to start writing down b4 hand that we have discussed we like a bit of rough but that does not mean i want to be killed!
A recent case makes me sick, if u read the details its so blatantly obvious what that man did to her and got THREE years....he just appealed that and luckily was refused but it just tells me men have the red light now to rape and murder women and can get away with saying she wanted it!

This is a dark and dangerous path.

On the other hand i dont have 1 doubt he wont get what he deserves for this LE have not let us down in one step in this case and the kiwis know the world is watching .
Wonder how many twisted women will be penning fan letters to him...weird
oh are you talking about john broadhurst?? i followed that too, i didn't even know he was appealing, i actually cant believe he got 3 years for that.. well i can actually. he had money...

RSBM

Whoa, there's a big red flag! If it's true, he could've been in a rageful state once back in the room with Grace. jmo

This really jumped out at me. I wonder whether he lost his job and took it out on Grace.

Apologies if I'm going over old ground here, I've been absent from the thread for a number of days and I'm trying to catch up; did we ever find out what his job was?

oh are you talking about john broadhurst?? i followed that too, i didn't even know he was appealing, i actually cant believe he got 3 years for that.. well i can actually. he had money...

Yes ....i mean really!! Sick feck!
Its amazing what a bit of money can do!
On that note i really fail to see where this man got his cash from, no way he could fit in drug dealing with all that dating and working and surely he would have drugged them if he was selling!

I've had a quick read up on strangulation and I think it's quite clear what his defence is going to be. From Wikipedia regarding strangulation it states:

"The reported time from application to unconsciousness varies from 7–14 seconds if effectively applied to one minute in other cases, with death occurring minutes after unconsciousness."

He also stated that it was dark a couple of times:

"He claimed the pair had "violent sex" which involved Grace asking him to choke her before he went to have a shower as she lay on the floor in the dark."

And he again states it was dark when he went back to bed:

"The defendant added: "Then all I remember is falling asleep in the shower and then waking up, it would’ve been...it was still dark.

"I crawled back into bed. Initially I thought Grace had left.

"I was obviously asleep in bed and I woke up the next day and I saw that she was lying on the floor."

Therefore, I believe he'll say he choked her, which is what he'll say she asked for, ejaculated, didn't notice anything was wrong as it was dark, rolled off and went to the bathroom, fell asleep in the shower, woke up, came back into the bedroom when it was still dark, assumed she'd left, fell asleep, woke up and then found her body. If unconsciousness can occur 7-14 seconds after choking he'll say it was heat of the moment, he hadn't really done anything like it before and didn't know his own strength. Then, he obviously wouldn't have checked to see if she was ok as he didn't know anything was wrong.

I was initially baffled by the "I fell asleep in the shower" line because it's so preposterous, but it makes sense in his story - he had to have fallen asleep in the shower because otherwise he would know she hadn't left.

However, his story completely and utterly falls apart based on his web searches. If the defence above is what he goes for, then why was he searching for "Waitakere Ranges" and "hottest fire" at 01:29am, as well as taking pictures of her quite obviously non-moving body.

He's done for and it won't take the jury long to decide he's completely guilty.

It'll be interesting to see if the defence team manage to find someone(s) to act as a character witness as part of their hearing.

To my ear, the accused speaks with quite a thick Aussie accent (although I do know he is a NZer, as it was earlier reported). He obviously spent a LOT of time over there. Maybe that's where he made all his money? :rolleyes:

did we ever find out what his job was?
I don’t think so as far as I know it’s never been reported that it was said in court.

There’s been speculation here that he’s in some kind of hospitality service industry because of the vest and outfit he’s seen wearing on some CCTV and one of the recorded police interviews.

we do know: not an oil manager

I get the feeling this guy has a sort of Jekyll and Hyde personality. I don't believe he killed before or we wouldn't have all his activities on countless cctv cameras. He kept his dark urges in check up until last November when through a combination of an unrestrained sex/*advertiser censored* addiction and alcohol he couldn't control himself anymore and acted out his dark urges. If not caught then he would have gone on to kill another woman I'm sure. He would have become a serial killer. IMO

(BBM) - I agree ... his actions (to my eye) point to panic and clumsiness. It certainly wasn't (again, to my eye), a planned event - otherwise he would've had all this stuff already. But regardless, he is guilty and I hope the jury finds that.

I really do believe things went too far with Grace to the point where she said she wasn't comfortable and he wouldn't take no for an answer. IMO, he probably considered the fact she was a backpacker as an advantage once reality had hit of what he'd done ... perhaps he thought she wouldn't be noticeably missed as they're often off doing their own thing (generally speaking), traveling, rather than keeping in contact with friends and family constantly. Little did he know that she had this very strong family who fought tooth and nail to find her. If I'm not mistaken, one of her brothers raised the alarm about her missing well before the police got involved. And I hate to think what would have happened had the waitress from the Mexican bar not come forward to report she saw him with Grace. He could've potentially got away with murder!

He says he’s not employed on that interview and that his last employment ended Friday ( the day he met grace) So why on earth would he be wearing that waistcoat thing a few days after? It’s even more disturbing now we know he wasn’t even employed at that point. He either just liked it or he’s pretending he’s employed to impress ppl. I dunno which is worse?

i cant believe how many matches hes getting on tinder to be honest? like you only need to look at him to realise he thinks hes some kind of gods gift to women. but hes getting dates daily? i don't get it. hes deff got no pals, his whole life seems to revolve around going on dates/talking to girls on tinder... the worst type of guy. i sill cant get over the ' me? no my uncles the oil manager' how embarrassing.

From the pictures I saw in overseas media he looked clean cut and presentable - although, I have to say, his eyes were hidden behind sunglasses. But in the CCTV footage of him walking ... well, he walks very strangely! He has an odd way of holding himself and talking, too. I imagine most of his charm was via text. I posted some pages back to say that the grovelling apology he made to his FB friends some months prior to the tragedy was ripped straight off Quora, word for word (the passage had originally been posted to the site in 2014 by someone answering someone else's question about how they might be able to apologise to all those they'd hurt over time). He was probably Googling 'how to charm Tinder dates online' and copying all that the results recommended, to charm his dates. This guy is a total Narcissist - he doesn't have any real personality or ideas of his own; he just steals from everyone else. All IMO.

This really jumped out at me. I wonder whether he lost his job and took it out on Grace.

Apologies if I'm going over old ground here, I've been absent from the thread for a number of days and I'm trying to catch up; did we ever find out what his job was?

He apparently said that his last day of work was on the 30 November, but didn't the police pick him up from one of the local hotels where he'd been working? The uniform he was wearing was one of bar / wait staff for one of the hotels. Maybe when he was picked up he was working in a casual capacity, whereas the 'job' he made reference to finishing up at was more permanent in nature. Lots of maybes ... I think he also did something with the City Life (casual worker of some sort) to be given such a generous weekly room rate in what looks to be an older style decorated room (not up-to-the minute ... perhaps it was left off the renovation updates list and assigned to staff at a cheap rate as it overlooks an air conditioning unit or something). All MOO.

From the pictures I saw in overseas media he looked clean cut and presentable - although, I have to say, his eyes were hidden behind sunglasses. But in the CCTV footage of him walking ... well, he walks very strangely! He has an odd way of holding himself and talking, too. I imagine most of his charm was via text. I posted some pages back to say that the grovelling apology he made to his FB friends some months prior to the tragedy was ripped straight off Quora, word for word (the passage had originally been posted to the site in 2014 by someone answering someone else's question about how they might be able to apologise to all those they'd hurt over time). He was probably Googling 'how to charm Tinder dates online' and copying all that the results recommended, to charm his dates. This guy is a total Narcissist - he doesn't have any real personality or ideas of his own; he just steals from everyone else. All IMO.

He comes off as one of those guys who would watch / read pick up artist type of material. Like he probably researched what to say, and creepily tailored messages to appeal to each of the women - as it's clear as day he is a complete liar and fantasist.

I'd hazard a guess he has a serious *advertiser censored* addiction too. Wasn't it noted he search "young teen" type of stuff in the early hours of 2nd December. Ughhhhh.

Re the job conversation - He says "Nah" to having a job saying it ended the Friday before the date in the police interview, but he says he called in sick to work on Monday because he was sick from two days of heavy drinking? The police can't have missed these contradictions.
I would definitely like the answer to the job/money question!

Re the job conversation - He says "Nah" to having a job saying it ended the Friday before the date in the police interview, but he says he called in sick to work on Monday because he was sick from two days of heavy drinking? The police can't have missed these contradictions.
I would definitely like the answer to the job/money question!
Ohh good spot! I didn’t even realise! I’d like to think they didn’t miss it ...

It's near-on impossible to get a job - any job, be it CEO or janitor - here in NZ without reference checks being done. It'd be interesting to see who he provided as references ... he wouldn't have got a job if he was outright terrible at everything he did.

Ohh good spot! I didn’t even realise! I’d like to think they didn’t miss it ...

I don't think they would have (missed it). The police are very clever and don't divulge every single little detail of what they're thinking or speculating behind the scenes. I think the jury will pick up on all the contradictions.

This is what Narcs do - they lie, lie, lie. And claim other peoples' merits as their own. He lives in fantasyland ... perhaps he thinks if he says things enough times they'll come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member