CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t remember that. But his cell phone pinged toward the RS home the night of the murder. I have always wondered if RS didn’t help PF take that tote 15feet up. Seems like quite the task for one person even with a tractor. He needed KK help to get it down.
O/P misunderstood that RS owned Nash Ranch. He doesn't but lives in the same county where Nash Ranch located (i.e., Park County).

Yes. She was at least an accessory, which carries 2-6 years and mandatory 3 years probation, as a class 4 felony. 2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 1 - :: Obstruction of Public Justice :: § 18-8-105. Accessory to crime

You know thinking about that, which is the most they could've charged her with, with the information she had before she talked, and really all we can prove with the information she did divulge (which is protected info anyhow), the deal she got or is getting is actually not that outrageous.

The law would probably only allow her as a first time offender to get 3 years for what she did. There was and is no real proof of conspiracy. So the deal downward to no time to 18 months in exchange for her testimony and cooperation, was a good deal for both sides. Emotions aside, that's all Colorado allows for.
Great post. Thank you! I’ve been a front-row member of the “KK got off way too easy” chorus, but you’ve given me a completely different perspective. I still think she’s just as horrible as before, but feel a lot better about the deal she cut. Fingers crossed she gets saddled w/the maximum sentence.

Jennifer Meckles’ Summary:

This afternoon, FBI agent Kevin Hoyland returned to the stand. He previously testified about cell phone records in this case and came back to talk more about that issue.

He walks jurors through the locations of Frazee’s phone, Kelsey’s phone, and Krystal’s phone on the day of the alleged murder (11/22/18), and the next several days after.

We’ve heard Krystal’s testimony about what happened on those days, prosecution appears to be showing phone evidence to corroborate each part of her story. Its tedious testimony, tracing 3 phones through multiple towers over several days

Final witness today works for CO Springs PD, as an intelligence analyst. He assisted with this case by taking all the phone and surveillance evidence, plus witness info, and creating a detailed timeline of events.

Jurors hear near minute-by-minute of Kelsey, Patrick, and Krystal’s movements and communication from 11/22/18 until 12/4/18 – the day Patrick’s phone was seized by police. This takes more than an hour to get through, but it helps organize previous testimony.

Court ends early again today. We’re still not done – expecting more witnesses for prosecution tomorrow. Judge tells jury we’re still moving quicker than originally expected and they *may hear closing arguments tomorrow afternoon.

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter

I agree completely. I thought it was huge too. Again, the chances of a female human tooth, likely fractured due to blunt force trauma being found at the exact same place on the franchette as the spot where KB's body was allegedly burned are probably unfathomable odds.
Me? I don't think it's so huge. They have so much circumstantial evidence that none of us can even keep track of it all.
Imo, the burn pile and clorox is evidence (in lieu of a tooth). Perps don't get a pass just because they destroyed evidence.
No body, no crime. Nope! You gotta outsmart the perps. That's the way its gonna have to be these modern days because perps are getting forsenic smart.
But in this case there's plenty enough dots to follow.

O/P misunderstood that RS owned Nash Ranch. He doesn't but lives in the same county where Nash Ranch located (i.e., Park County).

There are several units of Nash ranch located in Fremont and Park counties. The unit that contains the red barn that PF leased is in Fremont county. RS's ranch is located at Old Kathleen, which is north of Guffey in Park county and not close to the Nash ranch red barn IMO

Jennifer Meckles’ Summary:

This afternoon, FBI agent Kevin Hoyland returned to the stand. He previously testified about cell phone records in this case and came back to talk more about that issue.

He walks jurors through the locations of Frazee’s phone, Kelsey’s phone, and Krystal’s phone on the day of the alleged murder (11/22/18), and the next several days after.

We’ve heard Krystal’s testimony about what happened on those days, prosecution appears to be showing phone evidence to corroborate each part of her story. Its tedious testimony, tracing 3 phones through multiple towers over several days

Final witness today works for CO Springs PD, as an intelligence analyst. He assisted with this case by taking all the phone and surveillance evidence, plus witness info, and creating a detailed timeline of events.

Jurors hear near minute-by-minute of Kelsey, Patrick, and Krystal’s movements and communication from 11/22/18 until 12/4/18 – the day Patrick’s phone was seized by police. This takes more than an hour to get through, but it helps organize previous testimony.

Court ends early again today. We’re still not done – expecting more witnesses for prosecution tomorrow. Judge tells jury we’re still moving quicker than originally expected and they *may hear closing arguments tomorrow afternoon.

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter
Without being in the court room, it sure sounds like the prosecution has laid out this case in a very logical, organized, and easy to follow way. It also sounds like the trail has moved along at a good pace. Even reading the tweets and reporter recaps, it becomes pretty clear what the main points of presenting each witness was. There doesn't seem to be a lot of fluff or wasted time - just very to the point. I'm impressed.

There also doesn't seem to be many instances of "Objection!" being reported on either side. Also, if the judge orders something said in testimony to be striked (stricken?) from the record, can the reporters still report that?

Without being in the court room, it sure sounds like the prosecution has laid out this case in a very logical, organized, and easy to follow way. It also sounds like the trail has moved along at a good pace. Even reading the tweets and reporter recaps, it becomes pretty clear what the main points of presenting each witness was. There doesn't seem to be a lot of fluff or wasted time - just very to the point. I'm impressed.

There also doesn't seem to be many instances of "Objection!" being reported on either side. Also, if the judge orders something said in testimony to be striked (stricken?) from the record, can the reporters still report that?

Yeah. Sam made it clear in his recaps that the defense isn’t asking many questions on cross, if they are asking questions at all.

Most witnesses step down without ever being asked a question by the defense. That’s definitely helping with the pace here.

If something is stricken from the record, I can’t imagine a reporter couldn’t still report on it. Judges can’t gag the media in the US, and that’s effectively what Sells would be doing if he prohibited them reporting that information.

Oh wow that’s right! I forgot about that....and it set off a hinky meter with Moore once he started to add things up, I think?

It would be quite a list if we itemized all the lies told and covering of tracks PF attempted.

It's like Patrick had a little Western notebook with
"How to Appear Guilty" branded on the cover.

Lots of entries (not in any particular order):

1. Discuss killing fiancee with friends, clients, potential girlfriends and ex-girlfriends. Check.
2. Solicit ex-girlfriend to do the deed. Again. Again. Check. Check. Check.
3. Give up and do the killing myself......messily, for sure, on hardwood floors. Check.
4. Be sure I'm caught on video 11 times during murder hours. (Important!) Check.
5. Put body in the kind of tote seen on Ma's franch. (Save duplicate for court case.) Check.
6. Ride around with said tote in back of truck to be captured in lots of video. Check.
7. Don't forget to do everything wrong with cell phones. Check.
8. Leave fake texts but fail to do it in Kelsey's style and do it with her cell next to mine. Check. Check.
9. Make sure Kelsey's phone pings in hometown of ex-girlfriend. (Very important!) Check.
10. Store body/tote in barn leased by me with ex-girlfriend watching. Check.
11. Don't dare get rid of hay bale where tote was stored. (That'd be dumb. Cadaver/Shmadaver) Check.
12. Meet up with ex-girlfriend on video at gas station and buy gas in easily identifiable container. Check.
13. Set down easily identifiable container and wave to Ma on the porch. Check. Check.
14. Burn, baby, burn, then let hired teen-agers clean up the site, knowing they won't miss a thing. Check.
15. Write an alibi script, practice it with Father Figure and BE SURE TO KEEP IT! Check.
16. Don't dare appear concerned to anyone about missing fiancee. Check.
17. Pretend she wasn't actually my fiancee. Check
18. Text client about a dinner date, perhaps setting up future victim. (Boredom sets in, amiright?) Check.
19. Confirm life insurance status of all future victims. Check.
20. Sit in court like an uncaring oaf. (Practice makes perfect.) Check.
21. Wipe down this notebook with bleach.....sort of. Check on cows instead.

Last edited:
It's like Patrick had a little Western notebook with
"How to Appear Guilty" branded on the cover.

Lots of entries (not in any particular order):

1. Discuss killing fiancee with friends, clients, potential girlfriends and ex-girlfriends. Check.
2. Solicit ex-girlfriend to do the deed. Again. Again. Check. Check. Check.
3. Give up and do the killing myself......messily, for sure, on hardwood floors. Check.
4. Be sure I'm caught on video 11 times during murder hours. (Important!) Check.
5. Put body in the kind of tote seen on Ma's franch. (Save duplicate for court case.) Check.
6. Ride around with said tote in back of truck to be captured in lots of video. Check.
7. Don't forget to do everything wrong with cell phones. Check.
8. Leave fake texts but fail to do it in Kelsey's style and do it with her cell next to mine. Check. Check.
9. Make sure Kelsey's phone pings in hometown of ex-girlfriend. (Very important!) Check.
10. Store body/tote in barn leased by me with ex-girlfriend watching. Check.
11. Don't dare get rid of hay bale where tote was stored. (That'd be dumb. Cadaver/Shmadaver) Check.
12. Meet up with ex-girlfriend on video at gas station and buy gas in easily identifiable container. Check.
13. Set down easily identifiable container and wave to Ma on the porch. Check. Check.
14. Burn, baby, burn, then let hired teen-agers clean up the site, knowing they won't miss a thing. Check.
15. Write an alibi script, practice it with Father Figure and BE SURE TO KEEP IT! Check.
16. Don't dare appear concerned to anyone about missing fiancee. Check.
17. Pretend she wasn't actually your fiancee. Check
18. Text client about a dinner date, perhaps setting up future victim. (Boredom sets in, you know.) Check.
19. Sit in court like an uncaring oaf. (Practice makes perfect.) Check.
20. Wipe down this notebook with bleach.....sort of. Check.

Well, exactly.

ennifer Meckles‏Verified account @jennifermeckles
Court ends early again today. We’re still not done – expecting more witnesses for prosecution tomorrow. Judge tells jury we’re still moving quicker than originally expected and they *may hear closing arguments tomorrow afternoon

3:32 PM - 14 Nov 2019

Jennifer Meckles‏Verified account @jennifermeckles
Jurors hear near minute-by-minute of Kelsey, Patrick, and Krystal’s movements and communication from 11/22/18 until 12/4/18 – the day Patrick’s phone was seized by police. This takes more than an hour to get through, but it helps organize previous testimony

Final witness today works for CO Springs PD, as an intelligence analyst. He assisted with this case by taking all the phone and surveillance evidence, plus witness info, and creating a detailed timeline of events

He walks jurors through the locations of Frazee’s phone, Kelsey’s phone, and Krystal’s phone on the day of the alleged murder (11/22/18), and the next several days after

Sheila? Someone from the clinic?

Update: The jury in the #PatrickFrazee trial has been sent home for the day, as prosecutors and defense attorneys argue over the admissibility of evidence or testimony that's expected to be admitted Friday.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Hmmm... Well, the jury is not sequestered, but no doubt they've been instructed to avoid coverage of the case. So my instincts say that, whatever it is, it's "bombshell" evidence/testimony that the jurors could wind up exposed to through no fault of their own thanks to the media frenzy it would create.

I'm def down with that. Everybody out outta the room! There's a trial to finish and the judge and DA don't want to do anything to give grounds for a mistrial petition.

Tomorrow morning should be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni