CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the state is going to put SF on the stand. It seems like a risky move because she is not cooperative and would be erratic and it could backfire.

May has been very calculated and organised, and it has been successful, it seems. I don't think he wants to risk it at this point.

Maybe the ex-husband from Idaho? Does he have anything important to offer?

Or the counsellor from the rehab/health centre?

Yeah. Sam made it clear in his recaps that the defense isn’t asking many questions on cross, if they are asking questions at all.

Most witnesses step down without ever being asked a question by the defense. That’s definitely helping with the pace here.

If something is stricken from the record, I can’t imagine a reporter couldn’t still report on it. Judges can’t gag the media in the US, and that’s effectively what Sells would be doing if he prohibited them reporting that information.
Curious - is this a strategy by a defense that is overwhelmed with evidence their client is guilty? Setting up appeal (ineffective counsel?) it does seem odd they haven’t objected more but maybe they can’t because it’s futile ? Or are they saving everything for the closing argument a’la Jose Baez in the state v CA? I’m really trying to understand the defense strategy....
JMO

As excited as I am to see how the prosecution wraps this up tomorrow, and who they call to the stand (please be SF), I’m more excited to hear the defense put forth by PF’s public defenders.

We’ve had some good laughs at PF’s stupidity thus far, but the fanciful tale the defense is going to attempt to sell the jury, should take the cake.

That “house” has a rock solid foundation so far. Show us otherwise, defense...

It's like Patrick had a little Western notebook with
"How to Appear Guilty" branded on the cover.

Lots of entries (not in any particular order):

1. Discuss killing fiancee with friends, clients, potential girlfriends and ex-girlfriends. Check.
2. Solicit ex-girlfriend to do the deed. Again. Again. Check. Check. Check.
3. Give up and do the killing myself......messily, for sure, on hardwood floors. Check.
4. Be sure I'm caught on video 11 times during murder hours. (Important!) Check.
5. Put body in the kind of tote seen on Ma's franch. (Save duplicate for court case.) Check.
6. Ride around with said tote in back of truck to be captured in lots of video. Check.
7. Don't forget to do everything wrong with cell phones. Check.
8. Leave fake texts but fail to do it in Kelsey's style and do it with her cell next to mine. Check. Check.
9. Make sure Kelsey's phone pings in hometown of ex-girlfriend. (Very important!) Check.
10. Store body/tote in barn leased by me with ex-girlfriend watching. Check.
11. Don't dare get rid of hay bale where tote was stored. (That'd be dumb. Cadaver/Shmadaver) Check.
12. Meet up with ex-girlfriend on video at gas station and buy gas in easily identifiable container. Check.
13. Set down easily identifiable container and wave to Ma on the porch. Check. Check.
14. Burn, baby, burn, then let hired teen-agers clean up the site, knowing they won't miss a thing. Check.
15. Write an alibi script, practice it with Father Figure and BE SURE TO KEEP IT! Check.
16. Don't dare appear concerned to anyone about missing fiancee. Check.
17. Pretend she wasn't actually your fiancee. Check
18. Text client about a dinner date, perhaps setting up future victim. (Boredom sets in, you know.) Check.
19. Confirm life insurance status of all future victims. Check.
20. Sit in court like an uncaring oaf. (Practice makes perfect.) Check.
21. Wipe down this notebook with bleach.....sort of. Check.
Gotta say you just won the top prize for MY favorite post.
I'm sure you're beyond thrilled. Lol

Curious - is this a strategy by a defense that is overwhelmed with evidence their client is guilty? Setting up appeal (ineffective counsel?) it does seem odd they haven’t objected more but maybe they can’t because it’s futile ? Or are they saving everything for the closing argument a’la Jose Baez in the state v CA? I’m really trying to understand the defense strategy....
JMO

I just think they’re attacking what they can, and holding back on what they know they can’t. A lot of this stuff is irrefutable.

In some cases, I think going after a particular witness has been calculated to be a bad decision.

JMO
It is really hard to object when the testimony is quick and fact based. Hard to get a hold of anything that can be twisted with those kinds of witnesses.

I noticed they did cross for over an hour with KK, because they had more wiggle room to question her statements, as some did not have solid corroboration.

But I do have to say, some of the jurors questions do make me nervous. There does seem to be some possible uncertainty there. o_O

I just think they’re attacking what they can, and holding back on what they know they can’t. A lot of this stuff is irrefutable.

In some cases, I think going after a particular witness has been calculated to be a bad decision.
I don't think the defense expected KK to be such an effective witness. KK sure got her money's worth from her legal team. MOO

Well, exactly.
Life is about to slow down
Get through tomorrow morning and i’ll Be ok
I just want her gone

From the testimony - you could reduce the font and fit them all on your avatar

IMO most telling and most damaging - I just want her gone - how can the defense recover from that ?

Attachments

• 63276BE5-FCA8-43FC-B492-217187669F4F.jpeg
    63276BE5-FCA8-43FC-B492-217187669F4F.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 53
  • 2E4FF1E3-025C-45F6-B1EE-3808C9D65B02.jpeg
    2E4FF1E3-025C-45F6-B1EE-3808C9D65B02.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 46
I don't think the defense expected KK to be such an effective witness. KK sure got her money's worth from her legal team. MOO
The problem they encountered, is that everything she said was fully supported by the evidence.

So they couldn’t attack her on that, and had to focus on all the things that really don’t matter (to the case). Her previous lies, her attempts to commit murder, her not reporting this.

That was effective, but only to a point.

It's like Patrick had a little Western notebook with
"How to Appear Guilty" branded on the cover.

Lots of entries (not in any particular order):

1. Discuss killing fiancee with friends, clients, potential girlfriends and ex-girlfriends. Check.
2. Solicit ex-girlfriend to do the deed. Again. Again. Check. Check. Check.
3. Give up and do the killing myself......messily, for sure, on hardwood floors. Check.
4. Be sure I'm caught on video 11 times during murder hours. (Important!) Check.
5. Put body in the kind of tote seen on Ma's franch. (Save duplicate for court case.) Check.
6. Ride around with said tote in back of truck to be captured in lots of video. Check.
7. Don't forget to do everything wrong with cell phones. Check.
8. Leave fake texts but fail to do it in Kelsey's style and do it with her cell next to mine. Check. Check.
9. Make sure Kelsey's phone pings in hometown of ex-girlfriend. (Very important!) Check.
10. Store body/tote in barn leased by me with ex-girlfriend watching. Check.
11. Don't dare get rid of hay bale where tote was stored. (That'd be dumb. Cadaver/Shmadaver) Check.
12. Meet up with ex-girlfriend on video at gas station and buy gas in easily identifiable container. Check.
13. Set down easily identifiable container and wave to Ma on the porch. Check. Check.
14. Burn, baby, burn, then let hired teen-agers clean up the site, knowing they won't miss a thing. Check.
15. Write an alibi script, practice it with Father Figure and BE SURE TO KEEP IT! Check.
16. Don't dare appear concerned to anyone about missing fiancee. Check.
17. Pretend she wasn't actually your fiancee. Check
18. Text client about a dinner date, perhaps setting up future victim. (Boredom sets in, amiright?) Check.
19. Confirm life insurance status of all future victims. Check.
20. Sit in court like an uncaring oaf. (Practice makes perfect.) Check.
21. Wipe down this notebook with bleach.....sort of. Check on cows instead.

Well, exactly.
Lol! Good one!

JMO
Only option that seems to be left is PRAYER....but don't think it will help...hole is just too deep for PF.
MOO

As excited as I am to see how the prosecution wraps this up tomorrow, and who they call to the stand (please be SF), I’m more excited to hear the defense put forth by PF’s public defenders.

We’ve had some good laughs at PF’s stupidity thus far, but the fanciful tale the defense is going to attempt to sell the jury, should take the cake.

That “house” has a rock solid foundation so far. Show us otherwise, defense...
I REALLY want to see the defense case too. One clue, it seems they don't have much of a case to put forward, if Closings start tomorrow, as predicted.

I'd think a solid defense case would take a full day or two, not just an hour or two. :rolleyes:

There are several units of Nash ranch located in Fremont and Park counties. The unit that contains the red barn that PF leased is in Fremont county. RS's ranch is located at Old Kathleen, which is north of Guffey in Park county and not close to the Nash ranch red barn IMO
Do you know the actual addresses of the Frazee and Nash Ranch? I'd like to see them on a map. Thanks!

Patrick Frazee claimed his fiancée told him to keep their daughter after 'heated' conversation | Daily Mail Online

Nov 14, 2019

Friend and former colleague Robert Hill was the only one with whom she shared the fact that she and Frazee had some difficulties.

Hill recalled: 'There was one conversation she said, ''Something really weird happened to me yesterday.'' She said a random lady had come over to her house with coffee.'

'I asked if she drank it she said no.'

ETA: Acknowledging this is coming from DM but they are reporting that KB did not drink the coffee.
The DM article also misstated that the burn site was at Nash ranch. So there are some errors in the reporting. I’ve never considered DM a legitimate MSM source. Just too many errors through the years. MOO of course

It is really hard to object when the testimony is quick and fact based. Hard to get a hold of anything that can be twisted with those kinds of witnesses.

I noticed they did cross for over an hour with KK, because they had more wiggle room to question her statements, as some did not have solid corroboration.

But I do have to say, some of the jurors questions do make me nervous. There does seem to be some possible uncertainty there. o_O
My take on what little we heard regarding the juror questions ? I got the feeling they were wanting to have a better understanding - so far it seems they are being thorough IMO (fingers crossed there are no - oops never mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam