CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: Surprise witness for prosecution testifies that #PatrickFrazee asked him while in jail to use prison gang ties to murder Krystal Lee (Frazee's mistress and a star witness) and other witnesses in this case.
@csgazette #KelseyBerret

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
This is what KK needed to know right here. She would have been next.

WOW! The defense rested! Or rather threw in the towel and waved the white flag!

Wow is right. The Defense rested without calling a single witness of their own.

I guess when they aint got nothing, they aint got nothing. :)

Well they did have PF and SF that they could have called to testify, but I suppose that is as good as nothing so why bother. :)

I'm kind of surprised that the defense didn't demand a handwriting expert of their own choosing to verify that the 'letters' were actually written by PF, and not under duress.
After all the blood splattering baseball hitting bludgeoning to death over 15 hits on Kelsey's body it does not surprise me they did not bring in someone who's going to go after something is small as writing analysis....

He walked Kelsey's baby through that scene.

He is evil.
Is evil even a strong enough word for him? I don't think we even have one strong enough for what this sick0 did to Kelsey. Walking the baby through that afterwards. I hope Kelsey's body was already in the tote before he walked Baby K through there. Not to mention, she was awake and in a walker.

It doesn’t sound like the defense even contested the legitimacy of those notes.

They merely tried to discredit the snitch. Well that sure as hell won’t work.
Good point!!

Daniela Leon
@danielaleontv

·
1h

Defense argued that the man who came forward was hoping the DA could help him. The DA said no plea agreement was put in place for his testimony. Defense also argued he's testifying in another trial. DA said he's testifying on behalf of the defendant.
Hahahahaha!! Nice try defense! Love the DA's response.

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
After one jailhouse letter believed to be from #PatrickFrazee listed all of the names, it read: "They all need to disappear unseen until at least Nov. 22, after the trial." @csgazette#KelseyBerreth
12:13 PM - 15 Nov 2019

And I mean, really???? Gee, that would not be suspicious at all. What a good strategy! PF should have just represented himself, he is so smart!

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV

·
10m
Though both rested their case, we will not have closing arguments today. That’s because the judge and both attorneys are still deciding on jury instructions. The defense is seeking lesser charges.
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
Show this thread

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV

·
11m
The state has rested its case. Judge Scott Sells again advised Frazee of his rights to testify and remain silent. Frazee chose to remain silent. The defense then rested without calling witnesses.
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
Show this thread

Jennifer Meckles
@jennifermeckles

·
14m
As soon as we got back into court after lunch, the prosecution rested in the #KelseyBerreth murder trial. The defense has rested, too - they did not bring any witnesses. #9News

So if you kill all of my potential witnesses, "I repay however."

Translation: Get it done, and I'll kill you too, to tie up loose ends. Then its smooth sailing for this cowboy.

Dumber than a bag of hammers.

ETA- apologies to the bag of hammers.

Certainly, this inmate would be his next target etc, etc.:eek::eek:
The Inmate would be aware of this, and now he also is targeted, for snitching about PF.

What happens to the Inmate now?
Hope some sort of protection, as his life is certainly at risk.
Hope this occurs as otherwise, others, in similar Criminal cases, will stay quiet, to save their own skins.
Morons everywhere.
MOO.

NOV 15 - LUNCH RECESS

Rick Sallinger on Twitter
Patrick Frazee solicited fellow prisoner Jacob Bentley to have key prosecution witness murdered. Bentley testifies with letters from Frazee.
11:52 AM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
BREAKING: Surprise witness for prosecution testifies that #PatrickFrazee asked him while in jail to use prison gang ties to murder Krystal Lee (Frazee's mistress and a star witness) and other witnesses in this case.
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:04 PM · Nov 15, 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee promised to help this surprise witness, Jacob Bentley, bond out of the Teller County jail, in exchange for the help, Bentley testified.
12:07 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
#BREAKING: #PatrickFrazee told jail friend he wanted to kill all witnesses. specifically #KeystalLee, involved in the trial before the trial started. All of this is written down and was shown to the court. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth
12:08 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
A total of 17 letters, mostly written on napkins, were read aloud in court. A Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent read all of them, and said they appeared to be in #PatrickFrazee's handwriting. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:08 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Witness this past weekend gave prosecutors more than a dozen notes that lead investigator says match #PatrickFrazee handwriting. In notes, lists names of people he allegedly wanted killed: https://dpo.st/2KqVjNG
12:09 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Seems that defense fought really hard to keep this witness’s testimony from jury. Had multiple closed court sessions about admissability of some evidence, though not 100% sure this was the witness in question.
12:10 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jennifer Kovaleski on Twitter
Prosecutors call a former inmate to the stand who testifies he was in a prison gang & stayed in the same pod as #PatrickFrazee in jail. He shared 17 handwritten letters from Frazee where he ask the former inmate to kill several witnesses in the case, including Krystal Lee Kenney.

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
The letters listed several people in this case: Krystal Lee (who also went by last name Kenney); her father, her siblings, her good friend, her ex-husband... as well as Joseph Moore, a longtime family friend of #PatrickFrazee, and many others. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
"I'm sure she's around family somewhere," one letter apparently penned by #PatrickFrazee said, in apparent reference to his mistress, Krystal Lee. "I'm sure she's keeping as low a profile as possible, because everyone is watching her." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:11 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Importantly! #PatrickFrazee does not admit that he killed #KelseyBerreth. In alleged notes, says he doesn’t know what happened and that he’s innocent. https://dpo.st/2KqVjNG
12:12 PM - 15 Nov 2019

The letters provide descriptions, phone numbers, and locations of where the witnesses lived. One letter read in court says: “I would really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head.” #PatrickFrazee #kelseyberreth @DenverChannel

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
After one jailhouse letter believed to be from #PatrickFrazee listed all of the names, it read: "They all need to disappear unseen until at least Nov. 22, after the trial." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
The letter to another jail inmate, again believed to be penned by #PatrickFrazee seeking the murder of witnesses in his case, continued:
"Help! Help! ME PLEASE! I repay however. My life and my little girl's life depends on you!" @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:15 PM - 15 Nov 2019

At one point during testimony about notes, #PatrickFrazee shook his head. His defense attorneys tried to attack the jailhouse witness, but didn’t cross examine the CBI agent who read through the notes. https://dpo.st/2KqVjNG
12:15 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Another #PatrickFrazee note, apparently re: Krystal Lee: "If you can get a hold of her and get her to call attorney or an FBI/CBI investigator, and confess in her own words? Or just let her go away? We need to keep everything on the DL. No ties nowhere." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:19 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In another note, #PatrickFrazee appears to speak directly to Jacob Bentley, the jail inmate from whom Frazee is seeking help, and with whom he's passing these notes: "Make your own notes of mine and flush mine," the note read.
12:22 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Another #PatrickFrazee note, again to inmate Bentley, whom he allegedly sought help killing witnesses: "I've never been a criminal, but all this planning and talking gets my blood flowing. If I walk out, you and me could pull off all kinds of ****." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:24 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In the notes, #PatrickFrazee appears to lay blame for the killing of #KelseyBerreth on his mistress Krystal Lee, noting at one point that prosecutors are "coaching her" on what to say, and noting "circumstantial evidence." @csgazette
12:28 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Next, we heard from a former Teller County inmate. The DA’s office requested we not share his name out of fear of prison retaliation. We are honoring that request. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:29 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In yet another #PatrickFrazee note, he asks his fellow jail inmate: "How gangster will you get? I got an idea." He then suggests that one person has "**** to sell but you'd have to kidnap and hide the until you're done."
12:30 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
He says after Frazee learned he was in a prison gang, Frazee sought his help on taking out witnesses, including Krystal Kenney & her family, Chad Lee, CBI Agent Gregg Slater, Michelle Stein, Joseph Moore and more. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:31 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The man kept notes he says Frazee wrote to him. Slater identified the handwriting as Frazee’s. Frazee talks about “just kidnap them until Nov. 22” and that there’s open space near Kenney’s home. “She could just disappear before trial,” he says. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth
12:32 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Another note from Frazee says he’s not a criminal but “this planning and talking gets my blood flowing”. In exchange, the man says Frazee helped him bond out of jail. Frazee’s notes said they could “do a lot of **** together”. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:34 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
That note was apparently in reference to longtime #PatrickFrazee friend Joseph Moore, a CBI investigator said. Moore was mentioned several times in the notes, and he testified earlier in this trial about Frazee repeating the phrase "no body, no crime." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:32 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In notes, #PatrickFrazee claims innocence in #KelseyBerreth's death:
"I'm not the monster they say I am. I don't know what happened or where she went. Honestly, my wheels are spinning out of control the closer it gets to trial. Any advice how to defend my innocence?" @csgazette
12:34 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The notes show Frazee giving information on where Kenney, Chad Lee and Joseph Moore all live. He also provides suggestions for getting rid of them. He says Kenney would be close to her kids. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:35 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
In next letter, after claiming innocence, #PatrickFrazee appears to write to his fellow inmate: "Do you have funds or resources to go to Idaho and back? Was thinking if you could cap them in the desert and head home, Krystal Lee and Michelle, the bff?" @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:36 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
On cross, Adam Stiegerwald points out this man only comes forward as the trial is underway & that me just met with the DA’s office on Monday. He notes the man wanted to sell the notes on eBay, citing Frazee’s fame. He also sought a plea deal @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:36 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
He did not get a plea deal for multiple charges in different counties. Instead, the DA’s office said they would help to get the cases resolved in one county. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:37 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Another apparent #PatrickFrazee letter to fellow inmate:
"Honestly, we should stay off the phones. Maybe ... could send me a letter form an anonymous address? Stay off the radar. I'm hopeful and excited if you/we could pull this off." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:37 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Apparent #PatrickFrazee jailhouse letter continued:
"Only thing better would be if Krystal sent someone a "text" from her home confessing and telling the truth that I didn't have anything to do at all."
Appears to reference Krystal Lee, his mistress. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:38 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The evidence was admitted on the sole basis of establishing Frazee’s consciousness of guilt. It was a turn I did not see coming. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:38 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Other letters from #PatrickFrazee to an inmate discussed concerns that Frazee had that other people would find out about his alleged request to make witnesses disappear ahead of his upcoming trial: "All this ****'s just between us???" one asked. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:42 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Most of the letters are written on paper towels from the restroom. Another letter allegedly from #PatrickFrazee says: "They all need to disappear unseen until at the least Nov. 22 after trial ..... my life and my little girl's life depends on you!" #kelseyberreth @DenverChannel
12:42 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
On cross-examination, Adam Steigerwald, #PatrickFrazee's public defender, hit at the motivations that Jacob Bentley had for coming forward and sharing the letters. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
12:43 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The state, by the way, still hasn’t rested it’s case. I’d be surprised if we get to closing statements today. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:43 PM - 15 Nov 2019

All of the letters, according to lead investigator Gregg Slater, appear to match #PatrickFrazee's handwriting. Also worth noting: we are not naming former inmate, prosecutors asked us not to because he fears retaliation from prison gang. #kelseyberreth @DenverChannel.
12:44 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Bentley testified he didn't receive a plea deal in other cases he's facing to testify. Only a promise from the DA's office that those cases would be combined.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
12:45 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
But, Steigerwald asked Bentley, prosecutors didn't just make that one promise, right? Did prosecutors also agree to ask members of the media not to name you in their reports, due to prison gang ties? Yes, Bentley replied.
@csgazette #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
12:46 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers‏
Under further questioning by a prosecutor, Bentley said that his motives changed for coming forward with the #PatrickFrazee letters:
"It just seemed like the right thing to do," he said.
12:47 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
This was probably the most graphic of the notes (warning). It read: “I would really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head. Piss and **** on her face. *advertiser censored***ng dirty c**t *advertiser censored** *advertiser censored*.” #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
12:47 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers‏
Still on cross by defense, Bentley said he originally came forward with the #PatrickFrazee notes, because he wanted a plea deal in his pending legal case. He admitted telling an investigator that the letters were his "ticket."
12:48 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers‏
Also, on cross examination by Steigerwald, Bentley said he had previously been facing a felony burglary charge that would have netted him up to 30 years in prison. That charge, which is still pending, was recently dropped to misdemeanor. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
12:49 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Defense points out former inmate is a convicted felon who asked DA to help him deal w/ multiple pending cases in one county. They claim he saw the letters as his ticket out, but inmate didn't totally agree with that statement. #PatrickFrazee #kelseyberreth @DenverChannel
12:53 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Heading back in the courtroom after lunch. Prosecutors could rest their case or call another witness. We’ll update as soon as we’re able. Again, no cameras or live tweeting from courtroom. #PatrickFrazee #kelseyberreth
1:06 PM - 15 Nov 2019
I hope I can put this here.

Listen very carefully to his words. His fiance the mother of his child is missing and there's blood all over her home. And statement analysis a killer never ask for help for the victim they always ask for help for themselves.

Here ya go:
"The letter to another jail inmate, again...
"Help! Help! ME PLEASE! I repay however. My life and my little girl's life depends on you!"

In all seriousness, and this IS serious, LE needs to dig DEEP to see what else PF has done. This is a guy who has traveled around different places in his farrier work and possibly also to buy or sell cattle. Given what we know now, LE ought to be pulling his cell phone records as far back as possible, and using whatever other means to track his movements and plot out his whereabouts versus unsolved murders/missing persons cases.

He’s shown enough of a disregard for human life that I don’t think KB was the first. I think all he needed was opportunity. And I would start with his father, no matter what the listed cause of death is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288