CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer TV
NEW: The state has rested its case. Judge Scott Sells informed Patrick Frazee of his rights. Frazee chose to remain silent. Additionally, the defense rested its case without calling any witnesses.

Closings will not happen until Monday, though, because both attorneys are still deciding on final jury instructions. The defense is trying to get at least one of the first-degree murder charges dropped to lesser charges. The court expects to finish jury instructions today, and the jury has been sent home for the day.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter (Video)
Here’s #PatrickFrazee leaving the courthouse. He’s that first silhouette to step into the vehicle. The sheriff’s office vehicle pulled onto the curb to further block view of Frazee.
2:53 PM - 15 Nov 2019

Murder suspect wanted trial witnesses killed, inmate says in testimony
[...]

The inmate said Frazee asked him about his tattoo representing a prison gang, and eventually asked him if he could help eliminate a number of witnesses set to testify against him.

"He would pass me notes if his information was too sensitive," the man said, claiming Frazee told him he'd take care of him financially when he got out.

[...]

In court, Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater read from a number of those notes, which were written on paper towels and napkins. The notes, Slater testified, contained hit lists, along with detailed instructions on where to find the witnesses.

The hit list included Lee, her parents and her ex-husband.

[...]

"I'd really like to see Krystal with a bullet in her head," read Slater from the handwritten notes. "No video, no weapon, no body, no forensics."

[...]

"Flush when you're done," Slater read from one letter.

Instead, the witness kept the letters and presented them to investigators this week.

[...]

A former homicide investigator took the stand earlier Friday, telling jurors that the amount of blood reportedly found in the victim's home suggests it may have taken 10 to 15 blows from a baseball bat to kill the young mom.

[...]

The 15-minute video begins with Lee pointing out a spot where she says she found blood spatter on the rocks around the fireplace.

"Is that consistent with someone being beaten with a bat?" prosecutor Dan May asked Priest.

"Certainly it is," Priest responded.

As Priest testified about the blood stains, Berreth's father put his head in his hands and sobbed.

[...]

Priest testified that the type of radiating blood patterns Lee described finding on the wall are consistent with what he called blunt force impacts.

[...]

@KayElJay, Thanks for the shiny new thread! :)

Every day of this trial has been bad for PF, but today may have been the absolute worst.

We had an expert witness testify that the crime scene was every bit as bloody as KK described, and the crime itself was probably more brutal than any of us imagined.

As bad as that was for PF, that jailhouse snitch was much worse for him. It wasn’t one person’s word against PF’s, it was PF’s own words against himself. The defense didn’t even try to dispute that he wrote those letters.

You can’t kill your way to custody, and you sure as hell can’t kill your way to freedom.

Nice try jackass.

Letter 1 read, “You know where to find Krystal Jean Lee Kenney? Chad Lee? Michelle Stein? John Moore? Wendi Clark? They all need to disappear until at least Nov. 22 after the trial.” The letter listed out who each individual is. The writer instructed the receiver to call or text “her” using a fake name to say the horses have been taken care of the elk hunt was successful. While Sheila Frazee’s name was not on the note, her landline and cell phone were. “My life and my little girl’s life depends on you!” the letter read.

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses

Every day of this trial has been bad for PF, but today may have been the absolute worst.

We had an expert witness testify that the crime scene was every bit as bloody as KK described, and the crime itself was probably more brutal than any of us imagined.

As bad as that was for PF, that jailhouse snitch was much worse for him. It wasn’t one person’s word against PF’s, it was PF’s own words against himself. The defense didn’t even try to dispute that he wrote those letters.

You can’t kill your way to custody, and you sure as hell can’t kill your way to freedom.

Nice try jackass.
Yes it was devastating- 15 hits with a baseball bat, floor dented in that shape, blood everywhere and notes written by PF to kill the witnesses - you can’t make this stuff up
Check out the media thread
CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Nice try jackass.
I'm still stunned. I thought they would bring in the Mop,and call SF to the stand, or MS this is so much better than that.

Nice try jackass.

This quote from the snitch brought home once again that high level Frazee thinking:
"He would pass me notes if his information was too sensitive," the man said.
Patrick doesn't miss a trick.o_O

Last edited:
Letter 1 read, “You know where to find Krystal Jean Lee Kenney? Chad Lee? Michelle Stein? John Moore? Wendi Clark? They all need to disappear until at least Nov. 22 after the trial.” The letter listed out who each individual is. The writer instructed the receiver to call or text “her” using a fake name to say the horses have been taken care of the elk hunt was successful. While Sheila Frazee’s name was not on the note, her landline and cell phone were. “My life and my little girl’s life depends on you!” the letter read.

Well this speaks for itself, as the implication is crystal clear.

There was almost certainly a middleman here. Or I should say, “middlewoman.”

You guys know what else I wonder about? Was there ever a deal offered? Like was manslaughter offered to PF? My opinion is that nothing was offered. Dan May knew he had this locked up. Which is also why I think May was being generous and allowed the Defense those other two options. May KNOWS this is in the bag. Gosh I hope I'm right.

So Patrick wanted "her" to know "the elk hunt was successful".

We'll never get to know how much involvement "her" had in what happened to Kelsey but this sure sounds like "her" was to be kept up to date on plans for the witness hits.

I hope this gets pointed out in the town news and the shunning begins.

At first I thought this meant he was including SF on his hit list. But no, he apparently is still cozy enough with Ma that he felt like a coded message of mission completion from Bentley could be relayed successfully to him thru her.

Nice try jackass.

Classic MG quote:

"You can’t kill your way to custody, and you sure as hell can’t kill your way to freedom."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member