CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Patrick wanted "her" to know "the elk hunt was successful".

We'll never get to know how much involvement "her" had in what happened to Kelsey but this sure sounds like "her" was to be kept up to date on plans for the witness hits.

I hope this gets pointed out in the town news and the shunning begins.
Oh oh oh KK still has other cases to testify for. Justice ain't done yet.
MOO

So the bombshell witness provided proof of PF's attempt to hire murder via prison-provided napkins (what did he write with? Maybe he was trusted with a pen to write his memoirs).

PF had to have known this evidence existed. And I bet he never told his lawyers and they found out on Monday or last weekend, thereby accounting for the glumness that some of you noted in the shortness of the cross-examination. They knew what was coming.

I'm trying to think how they could possibly defend against that. Will they demand a handwriting expert (and infuriate the jury by delaying for a couple more days?) PF was asked if he wanted to take the stand (he could testify that he didn't write those). The defense has probably seen the expert report on the handwriting and knows that, well, the handwriting is on the wall and they can't impeach that anyway.

I am so looking forward to hearing synopsis and reading transcripts of the final arguments.

Sadly for the family of Kelsey, I believe the reason that PF’s lawyers did not put on a case isn’t because he is indefensible, it is to set him up with a reason to appeal. To not call even one witness sure makes his attorneys look incompetent. I think that they will use the last minute witness and these letters as an issue for appeal too. They can argue that given the short notice they could not have them analyzed to verify that he wrote them and so they could not defend PF against them.

So Patrick wanted "her" to know "the elk hunt was successful".

We'll never get to know how much involvement "her" had in what happened to Kelsey but this sure sounds like "her" was to be kept up to date on plans for the witness hits.

I hope this gets pointed out in the town news and the shunning begins.

Ol Patrick sure likes the "code words"...he had a code with KK about seeing a man about a horse or something.

Aha! so the 5th now becomes more clear.

Actually no, as the timing doesn’t work. She intended to plead the Fifth back in February, which was well before PF made contact with this guy.

What it does make clear, is that SF was deeply involved in all of this, atleast after the fact.

I wonder what CC and his wife think now?
Letter 1 read, “You know where to find Krystal Jean Lee Kenney? Chad Lee? Michelle Stein? John Moore? Wendi Clark? They all need to disappear until at least Nov. 22 after the trial.” The letter listed out who each individual is. The writer instructed the receiver to call or text “her” using a fake name to say the horses have been taken care of the elk hunt was successful. While Sheila Frazee’s name was not on the note, her landline and cell phone were. “My life and my little girl’s life depends on you!” the letter read.

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses
Oh lovely, he included his mother's info. With matricide, there goes his last supporter.

Last edited:
So the bombshell witness provided proof of PF's attempt to hire murder via prison-provided napkins (what did he write with? Maybe he was trusted with a pen to write his memoirs).

PF had to have known this evidence existed. And I bet he never told his lawyers and they found out on Monday or last weekend, thereby accounting for the glumness that some of you noted in the shortness of the cross-examination. They knew what was coming.

I'm trying to think how they could possibly defend against that. Will they demand a handwriting expert (and infuriate the jury by delaying for a couple more days?) PF was asked if he wanted to take the stand (he could testify that he didn't write those). The defense has probably seen the expert report on the handwriting and knows that, well, the handwriting is on the wall and they can't impeach that anyway.

I am so looking forward to hearing synopsis and reading transcripts of the final arguments.
DBM

Too late. Defense rested.

Have the attorneys weighed in yet on whether it's possible that the defense, with their non defense, is setting up PF to be able to claim "ineffective counsel"? I can't for a single minute think of something they could've done, but usually there's SOMETHING to hang a hat or two on. . .

Am I understanding correctly that this fellow inmate just ratted on him this past Friday? And were the napkins and paper towels admitted as evidence and that is what they are actually reading from on the witness stand?

Back, in these posts, it is stated the info about theses notes/letters was only given to the DA on MONDAY.
Imagine their excitement, when these were verified to be from PF.
A killer just starting out, as he had loads more to complete.
Now, he can contemplate about his next venture, sitting in a cell for the remainder of his pathetic life.
MOO.

Actually no, as the timing doesn’t work. She intended to plead the Fifth back in February, which was well before PF made contact with this guy.

What it does make clear, is that SF was deeply involved in all of this, atleast after the fact.
that's what I meant....way back she was in the know.
PF prolly thinks she's the last person on earth he can trust not to rat him out.

Sadly for the family of Kelsey, I believe the reason that PF’s lawyers did not put on a case isn’t because he is indefensible, it is to set him up with a reason to appeal. To not call even one witness sure makes his attorneys look incompetent. I think that they will use the last minute witness and these letters as an issue for appeal too. They can argue that given the short notice they could not have them analyzed to verify that he wrote them and so they could not defend PF against them.
I am so worried about this too. I wish an attorney would come on here and say it won't go that way but I'm very concerned.

i have not seen mention of hand writing analysis confirming PF's wrote the notes. has that been reported?
Not only authenticated handwriting but also fingerprints. The notes were written on paper so PF's finger prints would have to be on them.

I see the Judge has now added 2nd degree murder and manslaughter which is good. I've always thought 1st degree was a stretch but we'll see what the jury decides. Whatever is decided, I think there will be an appeal.

JMO

Have the attorneys weighed in yet on whether it's possible that the defense, with their non defense, is setting up PF to be able to claim "ineffective counsel"? I can't for a single minute think of something they could've done, but usually there's SOMETHING to hang a hat or two on. . .
Wouldn't that be highly unethical,and grounds for disbarrment?

I think he knew exactly when she was dead but kept slamming the bat at her anyway out of rage. Total rage. It kicked in and he just could not quit even though what he set out to accomplish had already occurred. Evil. Totally evil and heartless. The man has no soul.

Was it learned behavior? I doubt we will ever know. I hope baby K never has to even glance at anyone in that family or any of the so-called people who could have stopped this before it began.

JMO
BBM

Nature vs nurture? 15 mos ago I thought nurture can overcome all. But despite the obvious influence Mommy-Scarest had on CW, I came to believe he also had a loose screw or two rattling around at birth. IMO nature + nurture created that monster.

And PF? Yes his family/background was warped and I had assumed played a big role. But 15 swings, those napkin letters and the rest — pure unadulterated evil. IMO this dude was destined to do heinous things no matter who raised him. PF makes me believe some monsters are born that way.

Maybe Mama Watts and Mama Frazee’s brand of “nurture” is actually nature. I know scientists have identified a genetic marker common in violent criminals. I’m sure long time WSers know lots more about it than me. I seem to recall it’s linked to poor impulse control. But there’s also evidence the right environment seemingly can prevent bad behavior despite that gene.

Perhaps there’s another as of yet unidentified genetic marker for what we’d call complete evil. Something well beyond having no empathy or conscience. Rather, a born instinct that actually compels inflicting emotional/physical pain— an instinct so strong nurture can’t stop it. And if there is, then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley