CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day of this trial has been bad for PF, but today may have been the absolute worst.

We had an expert witness testify that the crime scene was every bit as bloody as KK described, and the crime itself was probably more brutal than any of us imagined.

As bad as that was for PF, that jailhouse snitch was much worse for him. It wasn’t one person’s word against PF’s, it was PF’s own words against himself. The defense didn’t even try to dispute that he wrote those letters.

You can’t kill your way to custody, and you sure as hell can’t kill your way to freedom.

Nice try jackass.

Bravo.

oh-ooo, can this be used as inadequate defense
on Appeal?
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

No. It’s not ineffective assistance just because you have zero evidence.

Besides the handwriting, these notes are just too specific to have been written by anyone but PF.

A lot of this stuff either hasn’t been reported, or isn’t something you can just Google.

I’m completely convinced they’re genuine.

Interesting that one of the notes was written on the back of a prison commissary receipt. Normally I would say someone couldn't possibly be so stupid as to write their request to have a witness killed on the back of their own verifiable receipt, but this IS PF we are talking about......

Last edited:
I'm curious if there is something that you would have asked? I'm listening to Sam recap it right now and I can't think of anything I would have asked.
Good point. I'm trying to come up with something, but, as you, tmar & MassGuy have all pointed out, there really wasn't anything further to ask ~ the letters spoke for themselves, and undoubtedly left everyone utterly stunned!

Interesting that one of the notes was written on the back of a prison commissary receipt. Normally I would say someone couldn't possibly be so stupid that as to write their request to have a witness killed on the back of their own verifiable receipt, but this IS PF we are talking about......

And..............dated October 1st lol

@MyBelle

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses

"...In letter 9, Frazee allegedly claimed that the DA’s Office was working with Kenney to give her quotes to say so her testimony matched the circumstantial evidence in the case...."

I'm old so maybe I am hearing impaired, but that sounds like a claim that would be made during a trial, not way back Sept-Oct 2019. How would PF have developed this opinion before the trial to relay it to Bentley? Didn't Bentley admit to watching a TV show about the the case and/or googling about it? What about Bentley's pending testimony in Weld County re: another solicitation, that was brought up during cross and other issues brought up during cross? Did you find him credible?

JMO Bentley was not credible, not at all. I do not think his testimony reflected well on the Prosecution, they should have skipped him, and they certainly should not have rested with him. His testimony all sounds like the sort of nonsense drug addicts come up with when they are high. All JMO

I agree. I think the only ones who would know the DA's office was working with KK--and a prison gang member--would be the DA's office. The defense was claiming they weren't receiving discovery right up to the start of the trial. This "bombshell" evidence they were informed about on Monday.

Nope, I didn't find Bentley or KK credible. I found it all too conveniently coordinated by the prosecution to make up for the lack of forensic evidence such as KK claiming PF told her to look for dented floorboards and voila! on the last day of the trial dented floorboards introduced not by law enforcement but a paid witness for the prosecution who admitted he based his testimony on what KK said. Why didn't investigators spray the same chemicals on the LR walls and floor as they did in the bathroom rather than bring in some retired guy from Denver who said he watched a video? LE seized five teeth during a sw of the Frazee farm but it seems the only tooth they tested was the one that voila! appeared in an area they only found because of KK and it was "believed" to be a female tooth.

What does surprise me is that the Judge allowed an admitted prison gang member, a convicted felon currently awaiting trial on more felonies to testify without forensic verification of his claims.

I don't find any of it believable but I'm not on the jury and I'm sure glad I don't live there.
JMO

Sam said they were tested and had female DNA but they didn't come up as part of the case.
This was a little confusing because it sounded like all the teeth stuff was getting jumbled together... the question was about the envelope of teeth, but then it wasn't completely clear to me in Sam's answer that he was talking about those when he said they had been tested and were determined to be female human... he may have just been talking about the one tooth recovered from the Franch burn site when he referenced that finding. It's unclear to me about the envelope of teeth, and his answer on that seemed a little jumbled and unsure on the specifics as well.

Although I certainly think PF is evil enough to have killed before, I’m not so sure he’s bright enough to have gotten away with it. I kinda feel if he had killed before he’d already be behind bars because of his arrogance and stupidity. He sure ain’t getting away with this one!

sam notes #8

- KB's father is in court with family members, they are supporting each other
- trying to see if cameras will be allowed in when the verdict is announced
- KK will be sentenced by the same judge
- OH!! Sam DOES think PF or SF bonded John Doe out. Which, to me, imo, would seem to sure make a strong case for some kind of "deal" or "exchange of services" type thing taking place.
I'd love to hear Sam elaborate on John Doe's bond.

So there's surely evidence of this somewhere.....signed forms, etc.?

Seems it had to be SF as PF surely didn't have the means to either pay or put up collateral.

I agree. I think the only ones who would know the DA's office was working with KK--and a prison gang member--would be the DA's office. The defense was claiming they weren't receiving discovery right up to the start of the trial. This "bombshell" evidence they were informed about on Monday.

Nope, I didn't find Bentley or KK credible. I found it all too conveniently coordinated by the prosecution to make up for the lack of forensic evidence such as KK claiming PF told her to look for dented floorboards and voila! on the last day of the trial dented floorboards introduced not by law enforcement but a paid witness for the prosecution who admitted he based his testimony on what KK said. Why didn't investigators spray the same chemicals on the LR walls and floor as they did in the bathroom rather than bring in some retired guy from Denver who said he watched a video? LE seized five teeth during a sw of the Frazee farm but it seems the only tooth they tested was the one that voila! appeared in an area they only found because of KK and it was "believed" to be a female tooth.

What does surprise me is that the Judge allowed an admitted prison gang member, a convicted felon currently awaiting trial on more felonies to testify without forensic verification of his claims.

I don't find any of it believable but I'm not on the jury and I'm sure glad I don't live there.
JMO

The notes contained information that wasn’t readily available. Fact.

The defense didn’t contest that they were in PF’s handwriting. Fact.

This judge has gone out of his way to protect this defendant, and the integrity of the trial. Fact.

This judge knows things we don’t. Fact.

I cry no tears for a man who bashed a woman’s face in. Fact.

Wow, and he’s not the type of person to just speculate on that. He must know that to be true.

That would explain the lack of an argument in front of the jury, as to their authenticity. If PF was behind this guy bonding out, then that would confirm the legitimacy of the letters.

I now understand why the defense didn’t fight back, and merely focused on this guy’s credibility (which is a meaningless argument).
Yes, that makes perfect sense!

Are you a writer, MG? Have you considered doing an Ann Rule-type book about the case?

In Sam's Q&A, he was asked twice, and said twice, that it was his understanding that Patrick was indeed instrumental in getting bonded out. Did y'all get that impression too? That is BIG, and I really want someone to pull the paperwork and see who actually did.
Sam must have access to it. Maybe he'll cough it up.

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV
Slater admitted he’s not a handwriting expert but said it looked like Frazee’s from previous knowledge on the case. Defense tried banning the evidence from being admitted but didn’t object (to my knowledge) to that not being his handwriting

Just posted on Sam's twitter
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV
I only have in my notes that Frazee helped somehow, via the napkin letters. He (Frazee) did call John Doe's "old lady" to come get him. That's all I caught
Aw that was so nice of him. I'm sure he did that out of the goodness of his heart for his new buddy.

Just posted on Sam's twitter
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV
I only have in my notes that Frazee helped somehow, via the napkin letters. He (Frazee) did call John Doe's "old lady" to come get him. That's all I caught

Oops, I guess I should have posted the question that Sam was responding to in the above post

And we do not know who bailed John Doe our we just know Frazee helped or assisted in the bail process? How did LE make this determination that Frazee contributed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17