GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

Why do I have a feeling that this loser husband is unemployed? Maybe not, I don't know. If he doesn't have a job, and his wife was his meal ticket, I don't think he would have killed her. On the other hand, maybe she has life insurance? (Pure speculation on my part!)

I have been wondering the same thing. No mention in any of the articles that I have read about where he works.

Here is his LinkedIn profile. It says he is employed but may not be current if he has not updated his status.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/beau-ro...st_profile-result-card_result-card_full-click

So we have two missing wives that are engineers with husbands sitting in jail in Missouri right now? Mengqi Ji (Elledge) is an engineer as is Jennifer, correct? Not that it is relevant. Really just very very sad. Two very bright and beautiful women that have families that must be frantic and heartbroken :(

Has anyone heard where the husband was spotted on video buying the cleaning products? How did authorities know to go to that store to review video? Did they find receipts in the house during the search for the cleaning products? What time was he in the store? This would be an important piece to the timeline of his activities.

Has anyone heard where the husband was spotted on video buying the cleaning products? How did authorities know to go to that store to review video? Did they find receipts in the house during the search for the cleaning products? What time was he in the store? This would be an important piece to the timeline of his activities.
I've been wondering the same thing. This detail has not come out to my knowledge.

Do we know the last time that someone saw her? If she worked on Monday, she must have been killed in her home some time after work. I'm trying to put myself in the guy's shoes for a moment to figure out how much time he had and how he might have used that time. This may lead to some knowledge of what happened to her.

He was spotted at a store buying cleaning supplies on Monday.

He contacts police late Tuesday evening.

It's worth noting that the carpets weren't dry. So I'm thinking he spent a good part of Tuesday cleaning the house.

He says she left Tuesday morning. That is a lie, of course. But he has to know that a neighbor might have seen her car at home on Monday night. So he can't say she never came home. And he also knows that a neighbor might have seen the car leave the house. So that time he gives for when his wife left is most certainly the time he left in the car.

So, he leaves early Tuesday morning with the car and leaves it close enough that he can walk home before daylight. He gets home. Now it's cleaning time. Clearly, it was an all-day job that was never quite finished.

My guess is that he used every minute he had available. If he waits until late in the evening to leave the house, he still probably has 4-5 hours to dispose of the body. That's a possible two-hour drive. So, where does one go when one is educated and is trying to get rid of a body? Rivers are always a possibility. There are tons of lakes not far away in the Ozarks area. Certainly, he had opportunity to put a lot of distance between himself and his deceased wife. I hope they find her soon. For her family's sake and to make sure that he gets the maximum possible sentence.

Now, about this co-worker thinking that it might have been a domestic issue. Did she speak of violence at home before? Was someone she worked with in a relationship with her? I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

So...I live a few miles away from their house. I drove around that area yesterday (Thursday- literally on their street), and today (Friday). I can tell you that Monday, we had freezing rain and snow all day. Nobody would have been driving very far. The roads weren’t treated...just icy badness all day and Tuesday morning.

When I drove by the house Thursday around 3:30 PM, there were maybe 2-3 news vehicles parked on street and 1 or 2 unmarked vehicles. I did see a man in one of the unmarked, but no other humans nearby, aside from neighbors walking dogs, trying to do normal things, etc. I saw no signs of LE anywhere (strange because they were supposedly searching that area around that time), but there were fliers for her around.

Today, I didn’t actually drive down their street, but looked down that way and saw nothing unusual. I drove around some nearby wooded areas, bodies of water, and places that I wondered about, but there are many in that area.

Personally, I feel like they have her body and aren’t saying; or know where she is. If he dumped her somewhere further away, it’s unlikely that it would have been on Monday because of road conditions.

Last edited:
Why do I have a feeling that this loser husband is unemployed? Maybe not, I don't know. If he doesn't have a job, and his wife was his meal ticket, I don't think he would have killed her. On the other hand, maybe she has life insurance? (Pure speculation on my part!)

This really doesn’t seem even remotely well planned, or this guy is unbelievably dumb.

I keep wondering about him too. Did he go to work on Monday or Tuesday?

There’s always so much info that isn’t made public in these cases.

So...I live a few miles away from their house. I drove around that area yesterday (Thursday- literally on their street), and today (Friday). I can tell you that Monday, we had freezing rain and snow all day. Nobody would have been driving very far. The roads weren’t treated...just icy badness all day and Tuesday morning.

When I drove by the house Thursday around 3:30 PM, there were maybe 2-3 news vehicles parked on street and 1 or 2 unmarked vehicles. I did see a man in one of the unmarked, but no other humans nearby, aside from neighbors walking dogs, trying to do normal things, etc. I saw no signs of LE anywhere (strange because they were supposedly searching that area around that time), but there were fliers for her around.

Today, I didn’t actually drive down their street, but looked down that way and saw nothing unusual. I drove around some nearby wooded areas, bodies of water, and places that I wondered about, but there are many in that area.

Personally, I feel like they have her body and aren’t saying; or know where she is. If he dumped her somewhere further away, it’s unlikely that it would have been on Monday because of road conditions.
I can't see him walking home after abandoning her car either, because of the weather.

My daughter went to high school with Beau in Harrisburg Mo, a small town just outside of Columbia. I wonder if his family has any land near there where he could have dumped the body? That would be a 4.5 hour round trip max..

The disappearance was initially treated as a missing person report but was reclassified as a homicide, the St. Louis Police Department said in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

Police said Jennifer's husband, Beau Rothwell, was seen on video Monday buying bleach, carpet cleaner, and gloves. During a search of the couple's home, detectives found wet carpet soaked with bleach and blood covering large areas of the carpet and an underlying pad, according to a police press release.

Authorities said the blood and bleach is "evidence associated with a crime of murder." Beau Rothwell, 28, was initially charged with only felony tampering with evidence. But on Friday, police added an additional charge of second-degree murder.

St. Louis police said Jennifer Rothwell was wearing business clothing on the day she disappeared. Her car was found about two miles from her home.
Missing woman's husband arrested after carpet found soaked with blood, bleach

Beau, also 28, was arrested by St. Louis County police, who say they have video evidence allegedly showing him buying cleaning products the day before he reported his wife missing, according to charging documents.

Police allege he purchased carpet cleaner, gloves and bleach.

Authorities allege the carpeting and the padding underneath it was stained with blood.

According to the charging documents, Beau allegedly “purchased and applied cleaning products to a large area of blood in effort to destroy or remove physical evidence with the purpose to impair its availability in an investigation into the murder of Jennifer Rothwell.”

A motive for the presumed slaying is unclear.
Missouri Woman Is Missing — and Husband Charged After Police Find Bloody Carpeting Soaked in Bleach

My daughter went to high school with Beau in Harrisburg Mo, a small town just outside of Columbia. I wonder if his family has any land near there where he could have dumped the body? That would be a 4.5 hour round trip max..

Good point. I think it's likely she was killed some time before she was actually reported missing while he was busy cleaning up evidence. He could easily have dumped her body further away.

I might be very wrong but I get the feeling that his family are quite well off, and the fact that they were able to put up a $25,000 reward just like that is what confirmed my thoughts. What other properties/land do they own that Beau might have access to? Is there anywhere there that he could have hidden her body?

Maybe they found some bags from the store where he purchased the supplies in the trash at the home when it was searched?

Me too.... doesn't seem to be alot of coverage? I too am curious of the rest of the story. If had to garner a guess it will be another woman and he was too chicken *advertiser censored* to get a divorce and move on.

How dumb do you have to be to think you'll get away with a thing like this when you're spotted on camera buying gloves and cleaning supplies when your wife goes missing?
Sick of seeing stories about brilliant women being slaughtered by insecure, morally corrupt men. UGH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back