CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what media others are exposed to, but what I read is that Stiegerwald tore Bentley to shreds during the cross.

wait and see...
I just got finished watching a third reporters 'take of the day' and yes Stiegerwald questioned the motives of the 'jailhouse snitch', but the process of this 'questioning' didn't involve tearing him to shreds based on what the reporters saw in court.

The only person that was torn to shreds today in court was PF and not surprisingly he did it to himself. Can you imagine being the defense attorney of PF and all the while you are working your [REDACTED] off on his behalf he is passing notes on paper towels to attempt to orchestrate a series of 12 additional MURDERS????

What an end to a total tragedy IMO.

Shocking to hear that there were no Jury questions for Bentley!
They all had a case of dry mouth so bad that their tongues were struck to the soft pallet in their mouths!
Or they were subconsciously counting each tooth in their head with that tongues.
Me- I got the cotton mouth! Wow.
Moo

I'm going to add in a controversial bit of analysis (hoping that at least one woman who is thinking "he'd never hurt me" will benefit.

PF had two parallel traits: the ability to transform rage into a killing scheme (not just impulse) AND

the ability to amp up into full-on "hunter mode" when the prey tried to escape.

I have seen this type in action (angry and abusive, very violent - but then absolutely murderous if defied/the prey tries to escape).

The first action (premeditation, bringing a bat, all of that) amped him up enough to administer the first blows. But he hesitated long enough that she could beg for her life in two small words. She may have tried to get up and lunge toward the living room, he amped up the attack. I believe she fought for her life as best she could. And that enabled him to be even more brutal, as he knew it would. She, on the other hand, had no pre-planning and reacted as best she could. He liked the unfairness of it. It was the basis of his MO. "Pick on someone who is unsuspecting and relatively helpless; convince yourself they really need to die; get more agitated if they try to escape/evade their own death."

This is a domineering, controlling, impulsive sociopath.

Yes, for a year we've tried to explain Frazee by figuring out his motive.....anger, possessiveness about the baby, greed....but what we really had was a lunatic turned on by the thought of murdering, even people he doesn't know (read the fantasy about future hits with John Doe).

Kelsey didn't have a chance.

Frazee needs to stay in lockdown forever and never be allowed to communicate with others. The danger is too great.

I think you’re reaching. Not only that but the defense team clearly was horrified enough by these letters and the testimony that they fought hard to keep it out.
No, I'm not reaching. That's your opinion. The defense fought hard to keep the testimony out because that was the defense's job to do so. I doubt any defense attorney is "horrified" over letters from a convicted felon with gang ties which have NOT been forensically authenticated.

JMO

No, I'm not reaching. That's your opinion. The defense fought hard to keep the testimony out because that was the defense's job to do so. I doubt any defense attorney is "horrified" over letters from a convicted felon with gang ties which have NOT been forensically authenticated.

JMO

So he just sat back, and made no effort to question their veracity in front of the jury?

That makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine.

Oh, yes, I totally get but allow me to flesh out my thinking on it. It's that since they were conducting Kelsey's murder investigation, ANY teeth found would have to be tested, right? Therefore, some answer must have been arrived at. They weren't Kelsey's, obviously, but if they were unknown (no DNA profile to match them to) I would think LE would be very interested in who they belonged to since we're talking about a killer, here. I guess they must have been identified (family) but just wanted to confirm that, yes, they were tested.
I believe that is so and just not relevant to the trial. MOO

JMO

So, why didn’t the defense challenge the legitimacy of the letters in court?

The investigator stated the handwriting matched PF’s and this was not challenged by the defense
Was the investigator a trained handwriting analysis expert? Nope. The investigator was listed on the hit list so he was biased. Outside of the jury's presence, the defense challenged the admissibility of the evidence which is exactly what they were supposed to challenge.

JMO

I’ve been saying “slam dunk,” since before the trial began. After hearing all the evidence, I feel stronger about that than ever.

It was a slam dunk contest, and the prosecution delivered. PF didn’t come close to touching the rim.

I can’t imagine the jury having any doubt whatsoever. In fact, I’d be shocked if they deliberated for more than a few hours.

I've almost reached the point where the jury stops before they hit the deliberation room door and says, "Nah! We're good," and turns back toward the courtroom.

Last edited:
Do I misunderstand?

Are you saying every time someone writes on paper they leave fingerprints?

Do you think this would also hold true on napkins and paper towels?

You might want to research this further.
I can save you two seconds worth of googling.

Not consistently true which is why the defense made no motion for further investigation of the many notes passed by PF to the 'jailhouse snitch'.

Not sure if @MyBelle read the press account of how the 'jailhouse snitch' allegedly made his first phone call to the defense to discuss the PF notes.

Nothing here to see or discuss in the eyes of most except perhaps an opening to looking into the activities of SF IMO.

Was the investigator a trained handwriting analysis expert? Nope. The investigator was listed on the hit list so he was biased. Outside of the jury's presence, the defense challenged the admissibility of the evidence which is exactly what they were supposed to challenge.

JMO
Then why didn’t the defense question him, asking “are you a trained handwriting expert?”

Why did they make no effort to cast doubt on their authenticity?

I’ll tell you why, it’s because they know those letters are legitimate. Partially, because they contain information that isn’t in the public domain.

You are literally making an argument that they themselves did not make.

Jmo, I think a deal would have been involved if PF could ever provide info leading to the recovery no matter how minimal of KB's remains.

He was too arrogant to take such a deal. He thought he could get away with it.

And I want to say something about the defense. They’re not ineffective. They’re not incompetent.

Criminal defense attorneys are used to losing. They lose constantly because their clients are usually guilty. They’re used to that.

But their job and what they feel committed to is making sure that due process is upheld and that their client gets a fair trial. They make sure the government isn’t just going through the motions or railroading someone.

They force the state to prove its case and follow the rules.

And thank God. Because without that we’d be Russia or Saudi Arabia or Iran. Not the United States.

So here they made sure the state did it’s job and they did theirs with very little to work with. They went through every option and had roadblocks at every turn. Can’t ask this because it will open up that. Can’t put this person on the stand because then X or Y or Z could happen.

They knew that everything they wanted to do in the case could open doors to something worse for their client.

And while their nonsense about KK was ridiculous I didn’t see them do things that were unethical or outrageous like the criminal attorney in the Dulos case for example.

I’m not worried about any successful appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member