CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic.

Can't imagine finding out someone you thought of as a friend wanted to murder you.
And your SO as well. What did she ever do to him ?

These letters are confirmation that PF is a totally depraved individual.
He lacks any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

PF doesn't have "relationships."
PF doesn't form attachments.

People are utilitarian objects to him.
He uses them.
When he's done, it's simply:

"Flush This"

Well the judge specifically asked PF if he needed more time or had anything to say, so I'm sure he could have at least requested time granted to call in a handwriting expert if he was confident he did not write the paper towel notes or on the receipt dated October 1.

sam notes #8

- KB's father is in court with family members, they are supporting each other
- trying to see if cameras will be allowed in when the verdict is announced
- KK will be sentenced by the same judge
- OH!! Sam DOES think PF or SF bonded John Doe out. Which, to me, imo, would seem to sure make a strong case for some kind of "deal" or "exchange of services" type thing taking place.

Exactly, why I bold and RED Sam's statement. I didn't think he'd say it that way. He's gotten better at not making any bloopers!

sam notes #8

- KB's father is in court with family members, they are supporting each other
- trying to see if cameras will be allowed in when the verdict is announced
- KK will be sentenced by the same judge
- OH!! Sam DOES think PF or SF bonded John Doe out. Which, to me, imo, would seem to sure make a strong case for some kind of "deal" or "exchange of services" type thing taking place.

Wow. Just wow. For Sam to say that speaks volumes.

So the bombshell witness provided proof of PF's attempt to hire murder via prison-provided napkins (what did he write with? Maybe he was trusted with a pen to write his memoirs).

PF had to have known this evidence existed. And I bet he never told his lawyers and they found out on Monday or last weekend, thereby accounting for the glumness that some of you noted in the shortness of the cross-examination. They knew what was coming.

I'm trying to think how they could possibly defend against that. Will they demand a handwriting expert (and infuriate the jury by delaying for a couple more days?) PF was asked if he wanted to take the stand (he could testify that he didn't write those). The defense has probably seen the expert report on the handwriting and knows that, well, the handwriting is on the wall and they can't impeach that anyway.

I am so looking forward to hearing synopsis and reading transcripts of the final arguments.

“Patrick. Is it worth it for us to hire an expert to determine whether your prints are on the letters or whether it’s your handwriting? We can file a motion. Just say the word.”

“..............Nah.”

I agree with all you say especially the last statement....I believe he has killed before and so far gotten away with it...MOO...and now for those molar teeth....will we ever find out?
They only found them to be human, female, no DNA correct?
Moo
Through dental records of a deceased woman having a recently violently missing molar prior to death and it was proven at autopsy it had been there at their last xray. A woman's tooth a "molar"missing at autopy"perhaps from a beating?.

Did you know each tooth is assigned a #?
Forensic testing may have rendered the the useless for DNA, but I believe a smart detective would have had that tooth x rayed, MRi, CT scanned and PET scanned as a well as a 3D or is it 4D replica made of it prior to any testing so they still have that woman's tooth! That would match dental records.
Umm... Hello?Dental tooth implants! (Tooth taxidermy basically)
"WELL exactly."
For Patients - The REPLICATE System
It may only be a replica, but if it belongs to any woman Patrick had been involved with who is no longer with us... you can bet the farm, that they are pulling autopsy reports as we speak.
Thia ain't over yit.
Yee- Haw
Moo

Last edited:
Actually no, as the timing doesn’t work. She intended to plead the Fifth back in February, which was well before PF made contact with this guy.

What it does make clear, is that SF was deeply involved in all of this, atleast after the fact.

Oh yeah. I think she was up to her eyeballs. She knew exactly what was burning in her yard. (IMO).

Have the attorneys weighed in yet on whether it's possible that the defense, with their non defense, is setting up PF to be able to claim "ineffective counsel"? I can't for a single minute think of something they could've done, but usually there's SOMETHING to hang a hat or two on. . .

Yes. And the answer for me is no.

How do you know PF wrote them? Because Bentley says so? I am looking for some authentication by anyone other than Bentley.
You don't believe that the Defence would have objected if they believed for one second that PF didn't write those notes? The jailhouse snitch called the Defence FIRST and so they knew of the snitch and most likely the notes and had the opportunity to also possibly discuss them with their client.

So far as we know, there was not one PEEP from the defense as to the authenticity of the notes.

LE also no doubt looked into the issue and who knows but perhaps they even have CCTV from the jail showing the 'slick' 007 PF passing his notes written on hand towels too.

The standards of evidence would not allow these notes to be randomly introduced with no verification so to suggest otherwise simply seems a bit naive IMO.

Oh, yes, I totally get but allow me to flesh out my thinking on it. It's that since they were conducting Kelsey's murder investigation, ANY teeth found would have to be tested, right? Therefore, some answer must have been arrived at. They weren't Kelsey's, obviously, but if they were unknown (no DNA profile to match them to) I would think LE would be very interested in who they belonged to since we're talking about a killer, here. I guess they must have been identified (family) but just wanted to confirm that, yes, they were tested.

ITA. The teeth--all 5 of them--should have been tested after they were seized. I think it is quite a coincidence that a single tooth seized in a search warrant BEFORE KK talked to LE, isn't tested yet one is magically "found"when LE went back to suddenly "find" the burn pit.

JMO

Yes, for a year we've tried to explain Frazee by figuring out his motive.....anger, possessiveness about the baby, greed....but what we really had was a lunatic turned on by the thought of murdering, even people he doesn't know (read the fantasy about future hits with John Doe).

Kelsey didn't have a chance.

Frazee needs to stay in lockdown forever and never be allowed to communicate with others. The danger is too great.
I posted the same thing a few pages back. Isn't there a Super Max prison in CO? If he is charged with solicitation to murder all the people on his hit list (including Slater) maybe they'll put him in a Federal prison.

ITA. The teeth--all 5 of them--should have been tested after they were seized. I think it is quite a coincidence that a single tooth seized in a search warrant BEFORE KK talked to LE, isn't tested yet one is magically "found"when LE went back to suddenly "find" the burn pit.

JMO

Wow. So now we are accusing the investigators of manufacturing evidence.

This is getting absurd.

It's not that uncommon for the defense team to rest without calling witnesses. It just happened in the Jimmy Rodgers (Teresa Sievers) trial.

I very much doubt this is a strategy for appeal. Appeals are long shots that rarely work. Also, in an appeal the defense has to show that the issue, properly treated, may have changed the verdict. No way that's happening here.

It’s rare to see a non-attorney know this and understand this so well and be able to explain it. Smart post.

Was the investigator a trained handwriting analysis expert? Nope. The investigator was listed on the hit list so he was biased. Outside of the jury's presence, the defense challenged the admissibility of the evidence which is exactly what they were supposed to challenge.

JMO
They did challenge it as they did a great deal of the other evidence. There was a hearing without the jury present. The letters were admitted. The jury and the media heard the testimony today. The media reported it. Many of us heard it.

Last edited:
Well the judge specifically asked PF if he needed more time or had anything to say, so I'm sure he could have at least requested time granted to call in a handwriting expert if he was confident he did not write the paper towel notes or on the receipt dated October 1.
Why would PF have called in a handwriting expert at that point? The burden of proof is on the prosecution. Why didn't the DA call in a verification witness instead of the agent who was listed on the hit list?

JMO

They did challenge it as they did a great deal of the other evidence. It was admitted. The jury and the media heard it today. The media reported it.
The defense challenged the admissibility of the evidence from the criminal gang member. No, the jury was not present when that challenge was made.

JMO

How do you know PF wrote them? Because Bentley says so? I am looking for some authentication by anyone other than Bentley.
BBM:

Good News!

They were authenticated by Agent Slater on the stand today.

He's someone other than Bentley, obviously.

So, looks like you got your wish...hopefully, this puts your mind at ease.

I know it did mine, the fact that I was never worried for a single second, notwithstanding.

JMO.

Last edited:
No, I'm not reaching. That's your opinion. The defense fought hard to keep the testimony out because that was the defense's job to do so. I doubt any defense attorney is "horrified" over letters from a convicted felon with gang ties which have NOT been forensically authenticated.

JMO
As to authentication of the notes, I don't believe the only standard to prove 'authenticity' is what you are terming 'forensic' analysis.

LE verified the signature as belonging to PF and the defense was satisfied.

It is possible for a note to be 'authentic' but not contain DNA material of the author.

As @gitana1 clearly explained the Defence did not question the notes authenticity <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member