MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Brainscratch Podcast-Interview with Adrienne's Sister Jenny
  • Previously married, separated for four years, divorce was final earlier this year. Married for 12 or 13 years.
  • The boyfriend and Adrienne went up to the cabin to do some repairs, she was not working and Lundy doesn't work. The uncle has bad knees so they were helping and were going to close it up for the winter.
  • No legal or financial problems, she had not worked for years. She wasn't well off and would never do that to Nick.
Adrienne had not worked for years. Perhaps the ex husband was supporting her during the years they were separated. Perhaps Adrienne received a settlement after the divorce was final. She wasn’t well off yet no financial problems. Where was she getting money to live on if neither one worked?
Fixing the condo up to sell. Why sell?
Was she selling to move in with her boyfriend?

Were charges filed for the altercation when she was seriously injured? Police report?

Thank you so much for this recap as I’m not able to watch the video right now! Very helpful. :D

Gosh, I’d really like to know more about the altercation this summer where she got the head injury. What in the world was that about and why didn’t her bf protect her? I feel like this could be significant. At least b/c of the head injury. Good lord.

I'm thinking it may have been an altercation with a female. Maybe someone who objected to Adrienne's relationship with Lundy? Otherwise, I would think if it were a male, he would have slugged the guy and defended her. (Just speculating.)

Thank you so much for this recap as I’m not able to watch the video right now! Very helpful. :D

Gosh, I’d really like to know more about the altercation this summer
I'm thinking it may have been an altercation with a female. Maybe someone who objected to Adrienne's relationship with Lundy? Otherwise, I would think if it were a male, he would have slugged the guy and defended her. (Just speculating.)
a biker chick?

Adrienne had not worked for years. Perhaps the ex husband was supporting her during the years they were separated. Perhaps Adrienne received a settlement after the divorce was final. She wasn’t well off yet no financial problems. Where was she getting money to live on if neither one worked?
Fixing the condo up to sell. Why sell?
Was she selling to move in with her boyfriend?

Were charges filed for the altercation when she was seriously injured? Police report?
Court Explorer
Two Civil Cases, 2017 & 2018 looks like some kind of financial filings. Both closed, no details.
https://micourt.courts.michigan.gov/CaseSearch/Court/D46

Last edited:
From the Brainscratch Podcast-Interview with Adrienne's Sister Jenny

• Adrienne worked in the auto industry as a database access programmer, very intelligent.
  • Loved to be outside, hunting, gardening. She has a concealed weapon permit, never went anywhere without her 9mm handgun. She's skilled in shooting.
  • Previously married, separated for four years, divorce was final earlier this year. Married for 12 or 13 years.
  • Dating the current boyfriend for a little over a year, first name is Lundy.
  • Adrienne lives in a condo in Southfield.
  • There have been some challenges in the relationship with boyfriend. Sister says Adrienne's personality changed when she met him. She started dressing differently, she started facetiming with sister instead of using the phone. He was very possessive and want to know where she was all the time. She started wearing tighter clothes, sort of hippy in style, very different than she used to wear.
  • Sister met Lundy, she is not crazy about him. There was a time during the summer when they were involved in an altercation and he did not protect Adrienne. She was harmed in the altercation, injured quite badly. Sister was asked if the altercation could be linked to her disappearance. Sister said she did not think so, they revealed the information to the police. As far as she knows the two things cannot be linked.
  • The boyfriend and Adrienne went up to the cabin to do some repairs, she was not working and Lundy doesn't work. The uncle has bad knees so they were helping and were going to close it up for the winter.
  • Houses are spread out in the area, nearest neighbor 1/4 to half mile away. One neighbor that backs up to the property heard something.
  • Sister is 99% sure Adrienne came out of the window located next to the mud room, it was found open. Her boots and phone were found on the north side of the main roof. While Adrienne was on the phone with the family friend, it started out she was just hearing noises and that's why she called the family friend. If you hear noises outside you're not going to automatically call 911, she called the friend. She heard noises, called the family friend and then it began escalating. She did call two other people prior who may not have answered, the family friend did answer.
  • It's pitch black out there, you can't see anything, she hears noises. She had a space heater on and all the lights were on inside the house. Someone could see in, but sister doesn't think she could see out very well.
  • Sister knows the family friend well. Friend is not connected to the boyfriend at all. Family friend did not hear any shots other than Adrienne's. The call started out with the noises and what they could possibly be, it started escalating and Adrienne began to panic and said she thought someone is outside. There were times when she set the phone down, then the gunshots, picked the phone back up, and said "oh my God, I shot him in the face".
  • Sister says they don't believe she shot someone in the face, what we are theorizing she shot through the window and saw her reflection.
  • Sister is asked if any drugs or alcohol were found in the cabin, not to her knowledge. Asked if Adrienne is typically a person who panics, sister replies that in the injury from the summer altercation, she suffered a head injury and wonders if that could be related.
  • No evidence of any gunshots other than her, there were six or seven in the window, one shot was in the rafters.
  • Sister thinks it's possible she had a mental breakdown related to the head injury and ran into the woods to escape. But the police did a very through search and found nothing. It's very marshy in the area.
  • No footprints or tire tracks were found, it's sandy/gravelly sand and grass in the area and there was no snow. No rain or mud either.
  • Why did Lundy leave two days before this happened? Sister says they were told he left to take some tiles they found in the basement of the cabin to her condo. She was fixing it up to sell it.
  • Interviewer asks about the height of the windows, says it doesn't make sense that you would shoot someone outside. Sister says the height of the windows to the ground outside is 7-8 feet. Any shots fired would have went over someone's head. But her car was parked outside, one of the windows was shot out. Sister says if she thought someone was outside, she had more bullets in the house. But she did not reload and stay in shelter, that doesn't make any sense to her. You would not have gone outside.
  • The only reason sister can think why she went out on the roof, there is an attic space in the cabin. She could have been paranoid that someone was going to enter the house from the attic. There is a small attic window which is open for ventilation, did she think someone entered that way, maybe. There is a straight ladder from the attic which comes down in the house between the kitchen and the living room.
  • It did take the Sheriff a while to get there. The family friend had never been to the cabin, had no idea where it was. When Adrienne asked for help, family friend said I don't know where you are. Adrienne put the phone down and was searching for something that had the address of the cabin. Adrienne picks up the phone and tells the family friend the wrong address.
  • Lundy got a lawyer, are you as a family still speaking to him? No, he has not been in contact with us. I don't know if that's by design, when I last saw him I was angry because my sister was missing and I said some very bad things to him when he showed up. I was also angry because she went missing on a Thursday and he did not show up until Saturday after 5. That's a long time for someone who says they love someone to show up.
  • Nick was working on some of the renovations of the condo with Lundy. He has not talked to Nick any further either.
  • Sister thinks Adrienne may have been abducted. The reason is there was a ladder leaned up against the back of the house where the mudroom roof is. It would have been easy to go up the ladder and after her on the roof. The other reason is she never went anywhere without her gun. They found her gun with an empty clip right underneath the area where her shoes and phone were. Her gun was found outside in the leaves, not in the house. To separate her from her gun and it being found in the leaves, that is why I think someone took her.
  • Can anyone confirm Lundy was actually at home that night? She sent a text message to Lundy at 1:40 AM. She had walked her dog and thought she saw a cougar out near the road. So I am assuming the police pinged his phone to check where he was, she was told his phone was down here. Sister was asked if he answered her text, sister does not know.
  • Sister is asked if she thinks Lundy is involved. She says she has very mixed feelings. While she doesn't think he drove 250 miles to snatch her, she thinks he knows more than he has shared. Why wouldn't he cooperate no matter what.
  • Who would have come after Adrienne? Sister says maybe a local knew she was a woman alone, random abduction. Maybe the person she was in the altercation with. Nothing about this situation makes sense to me.
  • The cabin was locked up when LE arrived, they had to break a window to gain entrance. Adrienne and Lundy had recently adopted a dog in honor. Mid sized black and white dog, it was found in the house when LE arrived.
  • Sister says some have thought she staged this and willingly disappeared herself. That doesn't make sense, she could have just left a note took her purse, phone, dog and car and disappeared. She could have gotten a lot further away doing that, could have sold her car. It would have been days before they discovered her missing.
  • No legal or financial problems, she had not worked for years. She wasn't well off and would never do that to Nick.
  • Any struggles with mental health? No.
  • Adrienne's ex husband gave the money to double the reward. He was in Florida when this happened, by the way.
Seems very telling she couldn't give the address. Supportive of a mental episode. Great info about the swampy areas, tracks would have been made easily. One would think she wouldn't be careful about where to go if she did have an episode so tracks would be there. I wonder if she convinced someone to drive her somewhere and maybe that didn't work out so well. Someone would know something or be missing.

Whoa, this may get complicated.

Did Adrienne ever go to the cabin?

If not, Adrienne never made a call to the friend.

If not, her "friend" could be involved.

Remembering that Adrienne "chose not to call police" when being shot at...

My one post in this thread questioned if Adrienne was actually at the cabin and if the scene was staged.

When I heard of the altercation & the boyfriend not stepping in to help, my first thought was FEMALE.

Seems very telling she couldn't give the address. Supportive of a mental episode. Great info about the swampy areas, tracks would have been made easily. One would think she wouldn't be careful about where to go if she did have an episode so tracks would be there. I wonder if she convinced someone to drive her somewhere and maybe that didn't work out so well. Someone would know something or be missing.
BBM. It doesn't seem odd to me. She doesn't live there and it is a cabin out in the woods, not a house on a regular street. The street number is probably just the lot number. She gave the friend the correct street, but 2900 instead of 4900 as the number.

Last edited:
My one post in this thread questioned if Adrienne was actually at the cabin and if the scene was staged.
If this were staged by Adrienne and the friend (very unlikely IMO), there would have to be a third person involved to take Adrienne out of there. The police probably has proof that someone made a call from the cabin to the friend's phone.

I looked up her address thru online voter records, went to Zillow , condo 2a sold 42k in 2017, and estimated value isnow 74k. So if thats her unit found for rent notepads but off market. Boyfriend same address voter records 2a unit. Couldn't find her unit #. Either neighbors or lived together. Boyfriend of 1 yr. When was her divorce finalized ?

I looked up her address thru online voter records, went to Zillow , condo 2a sold 42k in 2017, and estimated value isnow 74k. So if thats her unit found for rent hotpads but off market. Boyfriend same address voter records 2a unit. Couldn't find her unit #. Either neighbors or lived together. Boyfriend of 1 yr. When was her divorce finalized ?

I looked up her address thru online voter records, went to Zillow , condo 2a sold 42k in 2017, and estimated value isnow 74k. So if thats her unit found for rent notepads but off market. Boyfriend same address voter records 2a unit. Couldn't find her unit #. Either neighbors or lived together. Boyfriend of 1 yr. When was her divorce finalized ?
According to her sister, Adrienne and her husband separated 4 years ago and divorced 2 years ago.

Why would boyfriend leave Adrienne alone after her attack in July, in a remote cabin , just to take used floor tiles, (which the son called supplies in his first interview,) if they both were there to winterize the uncle's cabin which only requires draining water? She stayed alone, to look at wildlife broke? The cost of GAS exceeds the value of any tile found in such a cabin . Did the uncle give her the tiles .? 59cents per tile home depot for new. And rush back to install leaving Adrienne alone broke was so important because the 100 dollar per he contractor was on the clock waiting for supplies? No, just her son who with boyfriend worked together fixing up condo. So this explanation given to son, does not get bought.
Nobody worked. Yet they in 2 cars, spent 900 miles round trip on GAS to close cabin for uncle and it took days if not weeks? Or were they hiding up north, and selling the condo because they were hunted and could not go home? So that leaves 2 possibilities. Boyfriend gave her location up for dinero ,hired lawyer, or desperate broke hunted Adrienne became gone girl to save her life and boyfriend is not the bad guy ...nor is Adrienne. I don't even think calling for help is against the law. Also is it common language to use the words..funds to be used as family sees fit....or required by go fund me?

Why would boyfriend leave Adrienne alone after her attack in July, in a remote cabin , just to take used floor tiles, (which the son called supplies in his first interview,) if they both were there to winterize the uncle's cabin which only requires draining water? She stayed alone, to look at wildlife broke? The cost of GAS exceeds the value of any tile found in such a cabin . Did the uncle give her the tiles .? 59cents per tile home depot for new. And rush back to install leaving Adrienne alone broke was so important because the 100 dollar per he contractor was on the clock waiting for supplies? No, just her son who with boyfriend worked together fixing up condo. So this explanation given to son, does not get bought.
Nobody worked. Yet they in 2 cars, spent 900 miles round trip on GAS to close cabin for uncle and it took days if not weeks? Or were they hiding up north, and selling the condo because they were hunted and could not go home? So that leaves 2 possibilities. Boyfriend gave her location up for dinero ,hired lawyer, or desperate broke hunted Adrienne became gone girl to save her life and boyfriend is not the bad guy ...nor is Adrienne. I don't even think calling for help is against the law. Also is it common language to use the words..funds to be used as family sees fit....or required by go fund me?
Earlier reports said that she she and the bf went to the cabin to prepare it for the rest of the family ahead of the hunting season. Now we hear that it was to close it for winter. She didn't work, so maybe she just enjoyed spending time at the cabin? They travelled up there with two cars, so maybe it was planned from the start for him to leave early and she would stay behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken