GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgive me if this was already mentioned, but do you find it bizarre that on the day of the murder Wendi was called into the police interview wearing an OWL T-Shirt? LOL Just too weird

Police Release Videotape Of Wendi Adelson Learning Of Husband’s Murder

@dizzychick beyond bizarre. It just watched the "long WA interview" posted by ML. All I could focus on was that OWL shirt. I don't think I would have even noticed without you pointing it out. WA's little inside joke? We have bulleit, two owls, tree hitting house and enough TV's references to fill a penthouse.

Something about this whole interaction irks me. Exactly when she did she talk to Dan about swimming and say she didn't want him to do it and why? And when she did talk to Charlie?

Detective: "Sorry, you ok?"

Wendi: "Yeah...NO!...."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

"It's ok...our last interaction wasn't nice!"

"Um....what...you're talking about personal?"

I'm just looking here....I didn't want him to take the boys this afternoon.....I had wanted to have them....I talked it over with my brother and realized ya know if their dad wants to take them swimming it's not worth getting upset over......................................(crying)...He sent me that message at 9:15 this morning....

You were telling me before when we were riding up here that the agreement was that you were all gonna have some type of phone call at 11:15 this morning. Is that correct?

Well, not exactly. Just that we needed to have the talk at some point before...we have to decide before Monday of what to do about his school...where Ben's gonna to go school and he said 'I'm gonna be done...' I thought it was 11:15 but when we listened to the message it was 10:30...when he said 'I'm gonna be out of....he want to like a workout class at the gym."

At Premier?

At Premier. He said I'm gonna be out of it by such and such a time. You can call me then. And I...I...I called, but I think...we can see what time I called him...I thought it was more of like....let's see...recent calls...I called him...oh that's him calling in at 9:02...I called him at 11:42 and got his answering machine.

He called you at 9:02?

He called me at 9:02.

Mm-hmm.

The repair guy was there and honestly I leave the ringer off a lot of the time so I didn't even hear the call come in (but she heard the repair guy call at 8). Um, he left me a message...I called...I called him at 11:42...um, and left him a message, um, just saying, "OK I wanna talk about school for Ben and, um, I assume I'll see you at 4:30 today." When I figured he's gonna take the kids swimming and he'll drop them at the house at 4:30.

OK, so in another words, the whole meeting at 10:30 or 11:15 didn't happen.

Just didn't happen.

Right. OK. Alright.

Ya know... After another watch of this video, I find it odd that it doesn't appear Wendi's mom asked, "who shot him?". Obviously, we can't hear what she says but Wendi's replies don't address any such questions. I know my mom or any other family member or friend would have asked... Was it a robbery? What happened? They would want a little more than he was shot at his home.

Last edited:
Ya know... After another watch of this video, I find it odd that it doesn't appear Wendi's mom asked, "who shot him?". Obviously, we can't hear what she says but Wendi's replies don't address any such questions. I know my mom or any other family member or friend would have asked... Was it a robbery? What happened? They would want a little more than he was shot at his home.
It is very odd. I even broke out some old airline ear pods to try and decipher DA's reactions. Speaking of robbery......

An hour into the interview, she suddenly recalls the alarm call she received and ignored on Thursday. THE DAY BEFORE the murder!

EXCUSE me, she has already covered many theories regarding Danny's murder but fails to mention this detail. The most common motive for most crimes?

Granted it is no longer her house (and has already been looted of valuables). I will even give her the benefit of the doubt about not knowing of the recent neighborhood break-ins BUT it is the house her children reside at.

Of course one might not be prone to take that call if you knew an "un-organized" hit on your ex-husband was about to go down; but one might casually mention and ramble on about it to LE to cover all their tracks.

Just another ALARMING oddity...….IMO

Last edited:
I'm only about an hour and a half into this video (keep having to pause for my actual life) and I have to say....a jury would not find Wendi unbelievable. I'm not even sure I do. Do I think she knew AFTER the fact and now? 100% absolutely, no doubt. I'm just not convinced she knows at this juncture. For one thing she repeatedly blabbers on about how Danny would never kill himself so someone had to have done this. She seems pretty genuine about that. I don't know. I'm having mixed feelings now about whether she knew this was gonna actually happen.

I am open to reminders of how she must have known!

I am open to reminders of how she must have known!
snipped BBM

see my comment upthread about the alarm call
Gordon X post below

"I couldn't tell if when we were talking in the car if I was a suspect."

How did she know there was an event she could be a suspect in if he just told her when they were in the room?

I guess what I'm saying right now, while watching, is that I think Wendi might be only guilty of obstruction of justice.
I hear what you are saying. I have tried to watch several times there is so much packed into this one video. I think we might have a couple more hours? The one part I wanted to hear again which I think was from the over my dead body pod was when WA said that she wanted anyone responsible for the crime prosecuted to the full extent of the law with the exception of it being her family.

Please listen for that part for me. I may have missed it.:):):)

ETA smiley

I hear what you are saying. I have tried to watch several times there is so much packed into this one video. I think we might have a couple more hours? The one part I wanted to hear again which I think was from the over my dead body pod was when WA said that she wanted anyone responsible for the crime prosecuted to the full extent of the law with the exception of it being her family.

Please listen for that part for me. I may have missed it.:):):)

ETA smiley

I will listen for that part for sure.

One thing that is hitting me.... in the beginning of this video she tells the detective about a voicemail she received from her realtor/friend. The friend can be heard on the voice mail voicing concern that she heard that there was a shooting on Trescott Drive. Wendy does not freak out about her kids AT ALL despite the fact that her 11:42 call to Dan went to voice mail and she has not talked to him and she's now hearing about this shooting from her friend on her voicemail. How did she know they were OK? She doesn't even mention her kids at all until over 11 minutes into the interview and it's not even to ask if they were OK NOW...just if she has to worry about them getting hurt. She KNOWS they are ok. How did she KNOW they were safe at daycare? Her own statements say they had not actually spoken that morning....just missed calls and voicemails.

I'm a mother. If I heard of a shooting on my street the first thing I would say, in a police station, would be "OMG are my kids ok?????!!!!"

Last edited:
I will listen for that part for sure.

One thing that is hitting me.... in the beginning of this video she tells the detective about a voicemail she received from her realtor/friend. The friend can be heard on the voice mail voicing concern that she heard that there was a shooting on Trescott Drive. Wendy does not freak out about her kids AT ALL despite the fact that her 11:42 call to Dan went to voice mail and she has not talked to him and she's now hearing about this shooting from her friend on her voicemail. How did she know they were OK? She doesn't even mention her kids at all until over 11 minutes into the interview and it's not even to ask if they were OK NOW...just if she has to worry about them getting hurt. She KNOWS they are ok. How did she KNOW they were safe at daycare? Her own statements say they had not actually spoken that morning....just missed calls and voicemails.

I'm a mother. If I heard of a shooting on my street the first thing I would say, in a police station, would be "OMG are my kids ok?????!!!!"
Those were my initial thoughts as well but she is told at the restaurant the "boys are fine"; Wendi relays this to her friend (conversation starts @2:49).

"the officers walk in and I just had this whole delicious lunch and their like are you Wendi? we need to speak with you, and I am like OMG what is going on? are the boys OK? they said the boys are fine"

ETA: time is in hours

Last edited:
For one thing she repeatedly blabbers on about how Danny would never kill himself so someone had to have done this. She seems pretty genuine about that. I don't know. I'm having mixed feelings now about whether she knew this was gonna actually happen.
I am having mixed emotions as well, but I was perplexed by the suicide talk. In my opinion she is overly focused on this as she has been told 4 minutes in that he has been murdered. Why all the suicide talk? Is she in shock? Is this a diversionary tactic?

Do they not have wastepaper baskets in the interview room, or does one have to line up tear soiled tissue across the desk like little grief trophies? imo
LOL:):):):)LOL
LITTLE GRIEF TROPHIES
LOL:D:D:D:DLOL​

Dying over here! @dotr You crack me up! You GET the trophy!
WA WA waterworks even points them all out at the end!

ETA: try listening to the heavy breathing with headphones:eek:

Do you think that the time and subject of "the talk" was part of the plot -- so that WA or CA knew for sure that Dan would be at home during this specific period and thereby available to the hapless hitmen?

Wasn't he on the phone when he was killed with somebody from the or about to school? Preparing for the phone call later with her perhaps? Karma if I'm remembering correctly if that nailed down the timing and contact with 911 due to that call.

Wasn't he on the phone when he was killed with somebody from the or about to school? Preparing for the phone call later with her perhaps? Karma if I'm remembering correctly if that nailed down the timing and contact with 911 due to that call.
he had two angels trying to look out for him that day; the neighbor and the friend on the phone (God Bless the nosey neighbors of the world)

the friend had worked at the school SAS WA had chosen, Danny was getting his opinion; if it had been a stranger I am not so sure a 911 call would have been placed

and from what she is saying in the interview Danny had suggested meeting in person to discuss the school issue, he had given her enough information about his morning for her to know the timing of and places he was going

KARMA two 911 calls and if you believe she used the school discussion as a means to track him completely skewing the timeline of events she anticipated

The whole situation was tragic, although I don't think he could have been saved but who knows, to think he was suffering all that time is a horrible thought. The grandparent's were awarded a settlement by the dispatch agency which the kids received in trust. That was bad Karma for Danny but good in the fact it nailed down almost the exact timing of the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla