CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still stuck on this: the candles that PF told KK to clean blood off of. They were in the bedroom. Is this where the first hit happened? And she staggered down the stairs, only to be subdued there, with hits #2 through #10 or #15? Has to be, right?

Vile. Just absolutely vile.

MOO

Yes, there is a Super Max prison in Colorado, I believe in Florence, has the Unibomber and El Chapo there as well as many other infamous criminals, can only hope Patrick ends up there.

I posted about this before seeing your post. Completely forgot about the Unibomber. The World Trade Center bombing mastermind and many more.. here's a link from a quick google search.

After reading through the list, PF isn't 'high profile' enough.. He's really not that important in the grand scheme of the world.. so I digress from what I said in my own post... I would wager he will be going to a state prison and be in the maximum security area instead because he hasn't committed any Federal Laws that are a matter of National Security. IMO

14 Infamous Inmates In Colorado's Supermax Prison

@MyBelle
Thank you for your intelligent response to my questions. I agree with your addendum information as well and I had noticed those same issues.
Which issues? That the defense would not have known about what KK knew early on?

If we had access to that information, I'm sure they would have, too.

If the defense wanted forensic evidence to support his claim, then why didn't they ask?

Maybe because they knew PF wrote the letters?

Imo

Although I certainly think PF is evil enough to have killed before, I’m not so sure he’s bright enough to have gotten away with it. I kinda feel if he had killed before he’d already be behind bars because of his arrogance and stupidity. He sure ain’t getting away with this one!

I have to agree with your assessment 100%. PF is no Ted Bundy. Bundy was evil, but intelligent. PF is just evil.

I have to agree with your assessment 100%. PF is no Ted Bundy. Bundy was evil, but intelligent. PF is just evil.
Yeah. This murder showed his inexperience, but that’s not the only strong evidence that this was his first murder.

This was also practical (for him). This wasn’t killing for killing’s sake, but was done with a purpose.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s possible that he could have gone on to do something like this again, especially if the conditions were right.

But I see no evidence that he’d done this before.

No, I'm not reaching. That's your opinion. The defense fought hard to keep the testimony out because that was the defense's job to do so. I doubt any defense attorney is "horrified" over letters from a convicted felon with gang ties which have NOT been forensically authenticated.

JMO
Oh I think “horrified” works just fine. The case was bad enough for the defense already. Then you find out your client named a bunch of people who are witnesses or family members of witnesses, including an LE official, on a hit list. I’m pretty sure “horrified” in the dictionary is going to have a picture of Steigerwald beside it.

I don’t think one has anything to do with the other. Elk hunting is huge in Colorado. This is hunting season right now. So making a reference to an elk hunt would not grab anyone’s attention. I don’t think PF is smart enough to come up with any kind of phonetic code.
I thought the Elk hunt was the code for "The job is done."

In other words, the witnesses have been taken care of.

Imo

Last edited:
Thank you so much for offering! If you're going to court house to courthouse, perhaps you could stop by the courthouse to get the paperwork on who put up the bail for John Doe?

It seems the media is hesitant to have an investigative reporter to look into such. I would assume that is public record?

I'm not really asking you to take the time to do such, but in my virtual world I wish you could.

Reading between the lines of PF's messages I'm pretty sure the record will reflect the bail was paid by JD's "old lady." Whether or not she obtained the resources from RS, PF, or Santa will probably never be investigated.

I don't think anybody believes JD exited from jail with intent to do anything to violate his terms of release-- let alone criminal favors for idiot PF. JD's seasoned with how release works and I'm sure he laughed all the way out the door!

Personally -- I think SF is going to spend the rest of her life paying for PF's prison favors and/or protection. He's about the enter a new world.

MOO

ITA. The teeth--all 5 of them--should have been tested after they were seized. I think it is quite a coincidence that a single tooth seized in a search warrant BEFORE KK talked to LE, isn't tested yet one is magically "found"when LE went back to suddenly "find" the burn pit.

JMO

I was NOT suggesting anyone planted the tooth fragments at the burn site. I can see where you'd make that leap, though, lol. Believe me, if the defense had any such concerns, we would have heard about it. The other teeth just remain an unknown, to us, and I was curious, wondering if they might belong to other murder victims.

I missed Bentley's testimony of the letters Patrick wrote to him in jail.

Just wow. While it's not surprising, it still is hard to read. It also explains his non-emotional reaction during the trial- he just doesn't care, and if he got out again, he'd do it again. This man is not human, in my eyes, but a sick and sadistic demon. Thank God Baby K is not in this man's life, and may she never lay eyes on him ever again.

No wonder his brother has washed his hands clean of him- I wonder if he already knew about those letters. If not, I am sure this has permanently severed any relationship with Patrick, at the very least. I feel for him, he seems to be the only normal one of out the family- hard worker, good career. It must be so embarrassing and humiliating in front of his peers- the reason he's in law enforcement is to serve and protect the public from sick jerks like his brother. My thoughts are with him- imagine your own sibling, doing this, and still plotting in jail, more murders. Sick!

The poor Berreth family- what more can we say- nothing we can say will ever comfort them. I can't imagine the agony of hearing how Patrick slammed a bat to her at least ten times. A damn bullet would have been humane and faster. Again, sick jerk.

As far as KK goes- I still maintain my feelings about her. He would have been in jail much faster, and they might have found Kelsey's body, if she had just called LE instead of cleaned up the condo. I am sorry that she felt threatened for herself and her family, but I fail to see the logic behind her decisions- she only delayed the arrest, she knew Kelsey was in that tote and watched it burn, she waited for them to come to her, while burning evidence at her ex husband's ranch, which was nervy to me! I hope her ex gets full custody of her kids and she never lays eyes on them again. She made much more work for LE, not calling them right from the start, further endangering not only her loved ones, but herself.

This makes me think that Patrick has possibly done this before and gotten away with it.

If PF has committed murder before, it is out in the open, throwing/pushing etc body into a gorge, mine etc.
Otherwise, due to his stupidity, he would have left evidence +++.
Maybe PF was referring to his past murder cases, when he stated to an ex-girlfriend, that he knows where to dispose of bodies.
WE know he is a blabber mouth.:):)
MOO.

Oh I think “horrified” works just fine. The case was bad enough for the defense already. Then you find out your client named a bunch of people who are witnesses or family members of witnesses, including an LE official, on a hit list. I’m pretty sure “horrified” in the dictionary is going to have a picture of Steigerwald beside it.

Yes. And for some reason, the focus is on the source of the information, as opposed to the actual letters.

Attack the witness all you want (I would if I were the defense), but that doesn’t change the fact that he produced letters in PF’s own handwriting, containing information that wasn’t in the public domain.

The defense did the same thing with KK, attacking her but failing to land a blow on the veracity of her actual claims.

That’s merely misdirection on the part of the defense, and an attempt to draw focus away from the bombshell evidence, which apparently isn’t in dispute (they never challenged any of it).

Didn’t fool us!

Letter 1 read, “You know where to find Krystal Jean Lee Kenney? Chad Lee? Michelle Stein? John Moore? Wendi Clark? They all need to disappear until at least Nov. 22 after the trial.” The letter listed out who each individual is. The writer instructed the receiver to call or text “her” using a fake name to say the horses have been taken care of the elk hunt was successful. While Sheila Frazee’s name was not on the note, her landline and cell phone were. “My life and my little girl’s life depends on you!” the letter read.

Frazee trial: Letters say Frazee asked inmate to kill witnesses
You knw what this sounds like to me -- that since SF's name is not on the note, but her numbers are -- that he was to report to SF that the Elk Hunt was successful.

Then why didn’t the defense question him, asking “are you a trained handwriting expert?”

Why did they make no effort to cast doubt on their authenticity?

I’ll tell you why, it’s because they know those letters are legitimate. Partially, because they contain information that isn’t in the public domain.

You are literally making an argument that they themselves did not make.
BBM. The reason the defense didn’t ask is because Slater had already stipulated in direct examination that he is not a trained handwriting expert.

Gregg Slater, investigator for Colorado Bureau of Investigations testifies that he recognizes Frazee's handwriting based on other pieces of evidence collected. Although he adnits he's not a handwriting expert.

Former inmate testifies in Patrick Frazee trial

BBM. The reason the defense didn’t ask is because Slater had already stipulated in direct examination that he is not a trained handwriting expert.

Gregg Slater, investigator for Colorado Bureau of Investigations testifies that he recognizes Frazee's handwriting based on other pieces of evidence collected. Although he adnits he's not a handwriting expert.

Former inmate testifies in Patrick Frazee trial
I did catch that, but you’d still want to keep emphasizing that if you’re on the defense.

Just do something to cast doubt on their legitimacy.

They didn’t do that, they merely went after the source.

I thought the Elk hunt was the code for "The job is done."
In other words, the witnesses have been taken care of.

Imo
Yes. The mod who I responded to was theorizing that the choice of words was kind of a phonetic play on words since “Elk hunt” sounds like L for LEE followed by a bad word starting with C that PF had called KKL in one of his notes. And that’s possible I guess, but I doubt it.

ITA. The teeth--all 5 of them--should have been tested after they were seized. I think it is quite a coincidence that a single tooth seized in a search warrant BEFORE KK talked to LE, isn't tested yet one is magically "found"when LE went back to suddenly "find" the burn pit.

JMO

MOO... All teeth were tested, they had to.

There was no reason to bring up teeth tested not related to KP.
If the defense felt it important to bring SFs tooth collection into evidence, I would think they could.

Moo

If SF did bail John Doe out of jail, and then he had several weeks out of
Jail....... just curious if he may have been considering actually preforming a hit,
Before going to authorities at the last minute?!
Scary
JMHO, but I don't think John Doe considered it for a second. He's in enough trouble and wants to negotiate for less time. However, he does NOT want to get a reputation for being a jailhouse snitch, because he is likely to do *some* time and doesn't want to get beaten up in the prison yard. He did the right thing, but not for the right reasons. I'd like to think he can turn his life around and start doing the right things for the right reasons, but he sounds like a career criminal. But you never know. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500