CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I think “horrified” works just fine. The case was bad enough for the defense already. Then you find out your client named a bunch of people who are witnesses or family members of witnesses, including an LE official, on a hit list. I’m pretty sure “horrified” in the dictionary is going to have a picture of Steigerwald beside it.
th
th
<Defense counsel

Yes. And for some reason, the focus is on the source of the information, as opposed to the actual letters.

Attack the witness all you want (I would if I were the defense), but that doesn’t change the fact that he produced letters in PF’s own handwriting, containing information that wasn’t in the public domain.

The defense did the same thing with KK, attacking her but failing to land a blow on the veracity of her actual claims.

That’s merely misdirection on the part of the defense, and an attempt to draw focus away from the bombshell evidence, which apparently isn’t in dispute (they never challenged any of it).

Didn’t fool us!
The defense tried to attack the witness' credibility or what his motivations were for sharing the letters. But it doesn't appear they even asked him direct questions like, "In your opinion, could anyone other than PF have manufactured those letters?" Or pressed him, under oath, relentlessly on specific details, "On what day and time and in what setting were you in when PF handed you letter 4? Where was PF standing in relation to you?" etc etc. They didn't go after any of his testimony at all, just tried to show he had incentive to give testimony that would be more favorable to the prosecution. Which hit a snag when it was told that in his other witness testimony case, he was testifying on behalf of the defendant.

If PF didn't write those letters, the defense should have been showing outrage and questioning the specifics and the handwriting and how the witness got this detailed information on people who were unknown in the press and public.

It would be extra amazing if the letter written on the back of the commissary receipt was from PF's own purchase with his account number.

JMHO, but I don't think John Doe considered it for a second. He's in enough trouble and wants to negotiate for less time. However, he does NOT want to get a reputation for being a jailhouse snitch, because he is likely to do *some* time and doesn't want to get beaten up in the prison yard. He did the right thing, but not for the right reasons. I'd like to think he can turn his life around and start doing the right things for the right reasons, but he sounds like a career criminal. But you never know. MOO

John Doe is a 'career criminal' and yet I don't think he did any single act as horrific as KB's brutal murder.

Here's a guy who PF thought would do multiple kidnappings/murders 'on spec', ie, PF would pay him at some undetermined date in the future. It sounds like PF might have started out wanting a single hit and gradually got carried

JD is a seasoned criminal who is going to believe a guy who's welching on child support and a $70K loan and yet says he's "good for it"? I think PF had indulged in fantasies of killing people, particularly women, for a long time. I think KB's murder freed him from all future restraint. Even if he didn't get away with it, he now knows he can actually take another person's life and live with himself. And even Ma Frazee is still there for him.

The defense tried to attack the witness' credibility or what his motivations were for sharing the letter. But it doesn't appear they even asked him direct questions like, "In your opinion, could anyone other than PF have manufactured those letters?" Or pressed him, under oath, relentlessly on specific details, "On what day and time and in what setting were you in when PF handed you letter 4? Where was PF standing in relation to you?" etc etc. They didn't go after any of his testimony at all, just tried to show he had incentive to give testimony that would be more favorable to the prosecution. Which hit a snag when it was told that in his other witness testimony case, he was testifying on behalf of the defendant.

If PF didn't write those letters, the defense should have been showing outrage and questioning the specifics and the handwriting and how the witness got this detailed information on people who were unknown in the press and public.

It would be extra amazing if the letter written on the back of the commissary receipt was from PF's own purchase with his account number.
Agreed. Reading between the lines (which is by no means hard to do), the defense didn’t challenge those notes because they obviously know they are legitimate.

I also think that had they challenged them, they were fearful of opening a can of worms.

I would love to know what happened behind closed doors.

IDK it is my observation that she is quite stoic

Wasn't there a report that she and the mother of one of PF's former girlfriends had 'words' outside the courtroom?

I think she wants to be stoic but it is an effort and I don't know if she'd be able to contain herself. The police put her in handcuffs when they came for PF. I think it was because she wouldn't verbally settle down.

JMHO, but I don't think John Doe considered it for a second. He's in enough trouble and wants to negotiate for less time. However, he does NOT want to get a reputation for being a jailhouse snitch, because he is likely to do *some* time and doesn't want to get beaten up in the prison yard. He did the right thing, but not for the right reasons. I'd like to think he can turn his life around and start doing the right things for the right reasons, but he sounds like a career criminal. But you never know. MOO
I'm not a gang member nor inmate, lol, but I would think the concept of "snitch" might be applied differently for helping convict a criminal who committed such a heinous crime. Yet another murder by a guy who was so much larger than his victim. Just like CW's casual murder of very young children weighing 130 pounds less than he. I just think there might be a jailhouse standard for guys who violate certain standards, even amongst criminals.

The defense tried to attack the witness' credibility or what his motivations were for sharing the letters. But it doesn't appear they even asked him direct questions like, "In your opinion, could anyone other than PF have manufactured those letters?" Or pressed him, under oath, relentlessly on specific details, "On what day and time and in what setting were you in when PF handed you letter 4? Where was PF standing in relation to you?" etc etc. They didn't go after any of his testimony at all, just tried to show he had incentive to give testimony that would be more favorable to the prosecution. Which hit a snag when it was told that in his other witness testimony case, he was testifying on behalf of the defendant.

Right. The only thing that surprises me at this point is that the uber genius didn't choose to act as his own lawyer.
MOO

I'm still trying to get caught up, but wanted to touch on the possible future housing for PF.

Before the letters came out, I was not thinking he would go to a Supermax prison, but now I'm not so sure. These letters are seriously damning and the fact that he has an LE on the list is practically icing on the cake. CO does have a Supermax and I believe that is where El Chapo is spending his last days.

And PF is dumb enough to try to make some deal with El Chapo, lol... (though I'm pretty sure EC is in solitary, so it would never happen).

I don't believe for a minute that KK was truly scared of PF until AFTER she agreed to testify against him. I think she never came forward of her own free will prior to KB being murdered because she's a selfish B that wanted PF.

If KK was frightened of PF, she would have gone to LE immediately, for help.
KK and PF had a bond they shared, and we see the tragic outcome.:eek:
What other unlawful acts had they committed in the past, that were undetected?o_O

These two Criminals were on a roll, thinking they would be successful again.
We now know, how they 'came undone': Thank goodness.:D
MOO.

On Monday, this case will be in the hands of the jury. Rest assured that during jury selection, both sides were looking for people who could keep an open mind and listen to all the evidence before deciding. They went through over 1,000 potential jurors before seating this jury. I trust that all 12 people entrusted with seeking justice for Kelsey will follow the evidence and convict PF. All anyone needs to follow the evidence is a semi functioning brain. ! YES, it's that simple!

I'm still trying to get caught up, but wanted to touch on the possible future housing for PF.

Before the letters came out, I was not thinking he would go to a Supermax prison, but now I'm not so sure. These letters are seriously damning and the fact that he has an LE on the list is practically icing on the cake. CO does have a Supermax and I believe that is where El Chapo is spending his last days.
I can't think of any murderers --including famous serial killers convicted and sentenced in a State court that were sent to federal prison. I don't know why PF would be any different. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah