CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
The law does not require a trained handwriting analyst. All it requires is that someone who is familiar with the writing and has seen it before testify to its similarity. That's it. The defense knows that and thus knew it would come in. They still could have, in the presence of the jury who will decide their client's fate, cross the agent on his familiarity with the writing, how often he's seen samples of Frazee's writing before this, etc. They did not. That's telling.

Pleased you're here.:):)
Love your posts, as often we need legal info.
Thank goodness, we have several Attorneys here.

On Monday, this case will be in the hands of the jury. Rest assured that during jury selection, both sides were looking for people who could keep an open mind and listen to all the evidence before deciding. They went through over 1,000 potential jurors before seating this jury. I trust that all 12 people entrusted with seeking justice for Kelsey will follow the evidence and convict PF. All anyone needs to follow the evidence is a semi functioning brain. ! YES, it's that simple!
When I was on a jury (grand jury) the jurors were very conscientious. I'm hopeful!

I think I’m finally caught up... and just WOW!!!

This guy is a total dumb***!!! Not surprising btw. However, I was definitely surprised by these letters, and I ABSOLUTELY believe he wrote them.

Did anyone else think that the codes to be used were what SF was supposed to relay to PF when the jobs were done? That’s what it sounded like to me. MOO

I think I’m finally caught up... and just WOW!!!

This guy is a total dumb***!!! Not surprising btw. However, I was definitely surprised by these letters, and I ABSOLUTELY believe he wrote them.

Did anyone else think that the codes to be used were what SF was supposed to relay to PF when the jobs were done? That’s what it sounded like to me. MOO
Yes. He knew he was being recorded, and SF relaying those phrases would allow that information to fly under the radar.

Of course anyone actually listening to those conversations, would be like “what the hell?”

This guy loves his elk:

The two young men also testified that they helped #PatrickFrazee dispose of a metal trough that prosecutors say Frazee used to burn #KelseyBerreth's body. Frazee never told them anything other than wood and deer or elk antlers were burned in the fire.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

If PF has committed murder before, it is out in the open, throwing/pushing etc body into a gorge, mine etc.
Otherwise, due to his stupidity, he would have left evidence +++.
Maybe PF was referring to his past murder cases, when he stated to an ex-girlfriend, that he knows where to dispose of bodies.
WE know he is a blabber mouth.:):)
MOO.

Maybe he was planning ahead just in case? He mentioned to John Doe how much he had enjoyed the planning aspect of his vanishing witnesses scheme and their future together as partners in crime taking the world by storm. He probably acted it all out with his action figures on the floor of his cell with lots of sound effects. MOO

The defense challenged the admissibility of the evidence from the criminal gang member. No, the jury was not present when that challenge was made.

JMO

And if their client insisted he didn't write those notes, you don't think the defense would have brought that up and filed a motion to demand authentication?

In addition to soliciting KK and his own eventual murder of Kelsey, PF has now solicited the murders of twelve more people so, even if you were on that jury, he's still going down.

JMHO, but I don't think John Doe considered it for a second. He's in enough trouble and wants to negotiate for less time. However, he does NOT want to get a reputation for being a jailhouse snitch, because he is likely to do *some* time and doesn't want to get beaten up in the prison yard. He did the right thing, but not for the right reasons. I'd like to think he can turn his life around and start doing the right things for the right reasons, but he sounds like a career criminal. But you never know. MOO
I believe John Doe is on probation now, and no longer in jail.

So while he likely reported it to get out of jail (or maybe to avoid doing more time for committing more crimes) he'll possibly turn his life around just to avoid going back in - particularly knowing that now that he might be considered a "snitch."

Then again, anyone in jail would probably have done the same thing to reduce time or get out, no? That was a long list - not likely there was anywhere enough money for it, and most criminals would know that.

I'm still stuck on this: the candles that PF told KK to clean blood off of. They were in the bedroom. Is this where the first hit happened? And she staggered down the stairs, only to be subdued there, with hits #2 through #10 or #15? Has to be, right?

Vile. Just absolutely vile.

MOO
Right?
Maybe she was making for the door and that is where he caught up with her and the bat dented the floor board.
Sick piece of trash.

No, I'm not reaching. That's your opinion. The defense fought hard to keep the testimony out because that was the defense's job to do so. I doubt any defense attorney is "horrified" over letters from a convicted felon with gang ties which have NOT been forensically authenticated.

JMO

Yes. It’s my opinion as an attorney.

Of course that’s their job. But as an attorney I can guarantee you those letters horrified them. They were unexpected, 11th hour and clearly written by PF. Their failure to cross examine slater or object on the record on the various grounds available had authentication been an actual issue, shows the importance of those letters.

They didn’t attempt at all to prove that the letters weren’t authenticated. The only reason to do that would be if they knew their client write them.

Interesting. Would kb need to have worked 10 years?

One and half years in a 3 year period.

But no one needs more than 10 years of work to be eligible for any Social Security benefit. Under a special rule, if you've worked for one and one-half years in the three years just before your death, we can pay benefits to your children and your spouse who is caring for the children.
upload_2019-11-16_15-56-2.png
The United States Social Security Administration › pubs
Survivors Benefits - Social Security

Yeah- I don't think he was talking about the bag of teeth. Has that even been brought up in the trial? Or do we just know about it from the arrest affidavit?
My hunch is that the variety of teeth found in the franch were DNA tested and found not relevant to this case -- therefore they wouldn't need to mention the findings. There may be a future allegation regarding the teeth, but not related to this case.

Yeah. This murder showed his inexperience, but that’s not the only strong evidence that this was his first murder.

This was also practical (for him). This wasn’t killing for killing’s sake, but was done with a purpose.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s possible that he could have gone on to do something like this again, especially if the conditions were right.

But I see no evidence that he’d done this before.

BBM:

To be explicitly clear about this point:

If PF had done this before, there would have been voluminous evidence of it.

To suggest that PF is capable of "outwitting" LE is an insult to LEAs everywhere.

PF couldn't outwit a stuffed armadillo.

JMO.

I can tell you that my little sister died tragically last year, and both of her boys are now receiving those benefits monthly. She did not work at her job for 10 yrs. This is just my experience so MOO

So sorry for your loss.

You are correct.

SSA .... work one and a half years during a 3 year period.

That is terrible, so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs :)
Thank you! It was horrible, and I don’t wish it for anyone.

That was my baby sister, I can NOT imagine the loss of my child or grandchild. I feel so sorry for the Berreths, their pain must be monumental! PF has to be found guilty of this horrific crime. It won’t take away the pain, but it will put away this monster!

Was the investigator a trained handwriting analysis expert? Nope. The investigator was listed on the hit list so he was biased. Outside of the jury's presence, the defense challenged the admissibility of the evidence which is exactly what they were supposed to challenge.

JMO

In in the presence of the jury their job was to cross examine that investigator to show he was not a handwriting analysis expert and to try to cast doubt as to the authorship of those letters.

....Unless they knew that to do so would be futile because the next thing would be rebuttal witnesses showing:

1. A comparison to documents known to be in PF’s writing.
2. An expert handwriting analyst.
3. Evidence showing the receipt on which a letter was written was PF’s.

They didn’t go there because they knew it would dig the hole deeper.

So to review:

Claims that there was likely no evidence KK wasn’t or couldn’t have been in town when the murder happened? WRONG

Claims that there wasn’t blood all over the condo indicating a crime scene? WRONG

Claims that the blood found all over the condo wasn’t proved to be Kelsey’s? WRONG.

Claims that there was no evidence that what was found in burn pile was a human tooth, let alone likely Kelsey’s? WRONG.

Claims that it is not credible that letters purported to be written by PF, in which he is inexplicably trying to get all the key witnesses against him to be killed, were actually were written by the defendant? WRONG. (Also interesting that the back up to that claim is “Well he doesn’t admit to killing her!” Lol)

I’m sure others could remind me of all the other claims made in this case that have turned out to be...wrong.

The death throws of a dead defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member