CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think PF has killed a human before, but I think he's spent an unhealthy amount of time speculating on it and more importantly, on body disposal. I think the reason he got sick to his stomach in the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning was because he had been stewing on this for so long and he had come very close. He was probably afraid and raging at his own cowardice* at the same time.

* Cowardice when it came to actually doing it himself and cowardice at the fear of being caught. What scared him more - fear of LE or fear of SF?

I missed Bentley's testimony of the letters Patrick wrote to him in jail.

As far as KK goes- I still maintain my feelings about her. He would have been in jail much faster, and they might have found Kelsey's body, if she had just called LE instead of cleaned up the condo. I am sorry that she felt threatened for herself and her family, but I fail to see the logic behind her decisions- she only delayed the arrest, she knew Kelsey was in that tote and watched it burn, she waited for them to come to her, while burning evidence at her ex husband's ranch, which was nervy to me! I hope her ex gets full custody of her kids and she never lays eyes on them again. She made much more work for LE, not calling them right from the start, further endangering not only her loved ones, but herself.

ITA with all you wrote. I just cannot imagine chasing after this man for years, especially after the abortion. She just kept returning like a dog to his vomit. Like you, I don't know why she didn't open that door, close it back and go to the police, or better yet, call them when he was trying to talk her into killing KB.

If I were the defense, I would truly be having a terrible time even thinking about how to frame all of this..... His paper towels have added a complexity that I would not wish on any attorney at the last hour. An attorney's worst nightmare....your client's own statements destroying the case during the 4th quarter.

BBM

Not to take anything away from the seriousness of your comment which I truly enjoyed but I had to laugh thinking how the bolded phrase has probably never been spoken about a murder case before!

I've seen murder cases in my area where they did competency test on the accused and even very low IQ perps still got their due.
I would guess PF would test low-average on the scale. He just has poor reasoning and executive judgement. Could be from long term
drug/alcohol abuse also.
moo
Quite possible he only seems clinically stupid. Many of his dumb moves were made because he’s convinced people will do whatever he asks and buy whatever hogwash he’s selling. Probably low-average IQ but a shrewd genius in his own mind.

ETA MOO

BBM

Not to take anything away from the seriousness of your comment which I truly enjoyed but I had to laugh thinking how the bolded phrase has probably never been spoken about a murder case before!

Honestly in the face of this heinous crime, PF is such a clown that he’s provided several moments of comedic relief.

I don't think PF has killed a human before, but I think he's spent an unhealthy amount of time speculating on it and more importantly, on body disposal. I think the reason he got sick to his stomach in the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning was because he had been stewing on this for so long and he had come very close. He was probably afraid and raging at his own cowardice* at the same time.

* Cowardice when it came to actually doing it himself and cowardice at the fear of being caught. What scared him more - fear of LE or fear of SF?

Yes! How long ago was it he told the old girlfriend that he could hide a body?

I'd love to know what shows/movies Patrick has watched and what books/magazines he's read (if any).

I wonder if his stomach has settled down.
I guess he has good access to paper towels if not.

I agree. I think the only ones who would know the DA's office was working with KK--and a prison gang member--would be the DA's office. The defense was claiming they weren't receiving discovery right up to the start of the trial. This "bombshell" evidence they were informed about on Monday.

Nope, I didn't find Bentley or KK credible. I found it all too conveniently coordinated by the prosecution to make up for the lack of forensic evidence such as KK claiming PF told her to look for dented floorboards and voila! on the last day of the trial dented floorboards introduced not by law enforcement but a paid witness for the prosecution who admitted he based his testimony on what KK said. Why didn't investigators spray the same chemicals on the LR walls and floor as they did in the bathroom rather than bring in some retired guy from Denver who said he watched a video? LE seized five teeth during a sw of the Frazee farm but it seems the only tooth they tested was the one that voila! appeared in an area they only found because of KK and it was "believed" to be a female tooth.

What does surprise me is that the Judge allowed an admitted prison gang member, a convicted felon currently awaiting trial on more felonies to testify without forensic verification of his claims.

I don't find any of it believable but I'm not on the jury and I'm sure glad I don't live there.
JMO
Of course he knew KK was working with the DA, she was talking to the cops and he's charged with murder. The tooth was confirmed to be human and female by an expert. The tooth is a very small piece of evidence which can still be viewed as circumstantial because they could not definitively link it to KB. This is the thing- all of this circumstantial evidence adds up, and KK's story, which is undoubtedly self-serving, fits. She isn't any smarter than PF, and certainly almost as evil as he is. There is no way she could have made this up to fit every bit of evidence they have found, from the blood spatter, to the plastic tote, to the phone records. I'm glad you're not on the jury either, or this monster would be walking. MOO.

Quite possible he only seems clinically stupid. Many of his dumb moves were made because he’s convinced people will do whatever he asks and buy whatever hogwash he’s selling. Probably low-average IQ but a shrewd genius in his own mind.

ETA MOO
My hand almost broke clicking Like after I read "shrewd genius"! "In his own mind" saved the moment.

ITA with all you wrote. I just cannot imagine chasing after this man for years, especially after the abortion. She just kept returning like a dog to his vomit. Like you, I don't know why she didn't open that door, close it back and go to the police, or better yet, call them when he was trying to talk her into killing KB.
For sure, I have a bee in my bonnet when it comes to Krystal's victim acting.

If she was THAT scared for herself and her family, especially her children, she would have at the very least talked to LE near her and ask for advice and protection. To my knowledge, no one twisted her arm to have a relationship with Patrick, and then go along and drive down to attempt to kill Kelsey, then drive down again and clean up after he did it.

I am sympathetic to victims, but damn, she was still married and carrying on with Patrick at the same time. Didn't bells go off in her head when he was upset about her pregnancy? Or when she found out about Kelsey and the baby? No, she continued to drive down to see her cowboy, then puts blinders on, thinking it will all just go away? She burned evidence in her poor ex-husband's yard! That takes nerve, if you ask me!

When they finally track her down, she still didn't tell the truth, until after she hired a lawyer and got a deal.

She's no hero, she has no compassion for the Berreth's. I just bet she's more angry because now the entire world sees that she was a fool, she was going to be framed by him if she took Kelsey's body back with her, and he never loved her, but used her.

Last edited:
I wonder if PF is under suicide watch. Although his IQ is under zero, he should be aware that he is done by now. After his plan to get rid of witnesses was unsuccessful, he might also think of suicide. You never not know what's going on in his sick mind. JMO

In my humble opinion, the prosecution has delivered everything necessary for the jury to find PF guilty of First Degree murder of KB. I have been following this case since Kelsey was reported missing. I have participated in this thread and read all of the posts. There have been occasions where I’ve had to ‘bite my tongue’ and scroll and roll ... but mostly I am thoroughly impressed with my fellow sleuthers.

I believe Karma works and KK is on her own journey which will be undoubtedly difficult in a myriad of ways. What will be will be ... I will never understand or relate to her willingness to clean up PFs mess but I am grateful for her willingness to eventually tell her version of events that have so expertly been supported by clear, concrete, irrefutable evidence.

I too am looking forward to closing arguments on Monday and to hearing the Guilty verdict confidently delivered by the jury.

What happens after...I pray that SFs journey includes her just dessert whatever that turns out to be.

Most importantly now, may the Berreth family be blessed with healing hearts through the joy that Baby K will bring day after day ... year after year.

And maybe ... one more thing ... could Dan May please go to Connecticut? There is a lovely family over there ... and 5 small children who really need his help.

MOO

I just can’t imagine their closing ? They don’t have much to work with IMO - how can they spend 30-60 minutes talking about his innocence? Seems an impossible task JMO

I know. I think the defense will just say try to say the same things they argued to the judge (after the jury went home on Friday), when they tried unsuccessfully to get one of the felony count of first degree murder charges dropped.

In Sam's fb live he said that Ashley Porter for the defense attempted to argue that basically the state's case lacks real definitive evidence. She says it all basically comes from Krystal Kenney who has been untruthful toward several parties already. She also cites no cause officially of death.

Instead, Jennifer Viehman, prosecution, said no quite the opposite, we have a lot of evidence, it's up to the jury to decide, not in the jury instructions.

I think that's likely a preview of what the defense will say in closing arguments. It's really all they can say imo.

I wonder if PF is under suicide watch. Although his IQ is under zero, he should be aware that he is done by now. After his plan to get rid of witnesses was unsuccessful, he might also think of suicide. You never not know what's going on in his sick mind. JMO

This guy will not commit suicide.

The only life he values is his own.

JMO.

Finally caught up with reading every single EXCELLENT post after post. As stated upthread, it is amazing after all that’s been presented that some wouldn’t believe PF was guilty if the murder were shown filmed live on video.

Oh man, PF has to be up for a Darwin Award at this point. The paper towel hit list is as ridiculous as the bank robber who wrote his demand for money on his own deposit slip. Writing death threats on paper towels? Including the mother of the victim and the head of CBI? If the nature of this crime weren’t so sobering, Bounty paper towel company might want to use this stuff in a parody commercial.

Ah and Ma F.... I was one of the whiners that really wanted Ma F on the stand. Well, what poetic justice that in a sense, she ended up on the stand after all, on a paper towel. Penned by none other than PF himself. Dang...that’s just so good.

And someone bonded out Mr Doe. Hmmm. Wonder who? I sure do still hope to see Ma F back in court, but this time sitting in the defendants seat.

Finally caught up.

Truly devastating to read that they think KB was hit 10-15 times. And the dents in the floor.... I can’t think about that visual. He’s a monster. :(

I had truly hoped that some of the blood tested items at the franch would have tested positive for KB’s DNA, guess not.

I REALLY hoped we’d at least hear about PF’s boots.

I’m confident PF will be found guilty. Praying hard he is and he gets the max sentence. I also wish other things on PF but I can’t mention them here, short of hoping he has to say “Bubba...please stop”....repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname