GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’m for sure not a lawyer .... but is fraud a fraud? Or, if not , what is it? I would love to her from a lawyer in this respect. Other than that, as far as I know these “children” are legal adults.
How about @gitana1.

The statute in California is clear on conspiracy to commit fraud, and I'm sure the laws in most other states are similar, if not identical. If they were not minors when the participated, they could definitely be charged. In this case, I assume it was prosecuturial discretion. Why charge the kids if you're only to wrist slap the parents.

From the link quoting the statute:

(a) If two or more persons conspire:

(1) To commit any crime.

(4) To cheat and defraud any person of any property, by any means which are in themselves criminal, or to obtain money or property by false pretenses or by false promises with fraudulent intent not to perform those promises.

(5) To commit any act injurious to the public health, to public morals, or to pervert or obstruct justice, or the due administration of the laws.

They are punishable as follows * * *

California Code, Penal Code - PEN § 182 | FindLaw

These offspring need to learn there are consequences in life. Even for the rich and/or famous Family they come from.

Sorry, but this entire bunch, entitlement mentality literally oozes in this thread. Even Huffman, who I believe did the immediate plea deal to get her and her husband's name out of this mess as soon as possible.

Most of the perpetrators still don't think that they did anything wrong, and that this was a "victimless" crime.

Lori Loughlin and her husband are completely delusional to fight this INMO.

Arraignments scheduled for Wednesday, November 20th (these defendants were charged in 3rd superseding indictment in October):

Parents charged for an additional "conspiracy to commit money laundering":
11/20/2019 at 2:30 pm
Gamal ABDELAZIZ , Diane BLAKE, Todd BLAKE, Mossimo GIANNULLI, Elisabeth KIMMEL, Lori LOUGHLIN, William McGLASHAN, Marci PALATELLA, John WILSON, Homayoun ZADEH, and Robert ZANGRILLO

Coaches and staff charged for an additional crime of "conspiracy to commit money laundering":
11/20/2019 at 3:00 pm
Gordon ERNST, William FERGUSON, Donna HEINEL, Jorge SALCEDO, Mikaela SANFORD, Jovan VAVIC, Niki WILLIAMS

Defendants need not attend.

Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

'Too late' for Lori Loughlin to change not guilty plea: Judge Napolitano
They're not going to dismiss those new charges," Judge Napolitano said during an appearance on "Mornings with Maria." "She's going to have to confront them or work out a plea deal of some sort involving all the charges, including the new one.

Whether she got bad legal advice or whether she was determined to tell a Boston jury that she thought she was doing the right thing, I don't know what was going through her head, but it is too late to unwind this," said Judge Napolitano.

The headline doesn't match the content of what the judge said in that article. The judge said they aren't going to "dismiss the new charges." And "She's going to have to confront them or work out a plea deal of some sort"...

Which is the opposite of the headline, "Too late to change not guilty plea."

I think they mean it's too late in terms of the new charge being added that is not going away, despite if she makes some kind of plea deal now.

But geez, who writes this stuff. Misleading click bait headline for sure.

Felicity Huffman wants to help female inmates after spending time in prison

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/19/feli...female-inmates-after-spending-time-in-prison/

Felicity Huffman was so moved by the “harsh” conditions during her time at the Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin, California, that she now wants to work with incarcerated women as part of her community service program, Page Six has exclusively learned.

“Her experience is that these women are left behind,” a source close to the family told us. “They’re abandoned. There’s no support for them either in the institution or when they leave the institution, and that broke her heart.”

Felicity Huffman wants to help female inmates after spending time in prison

https://pagesix.com/2019/11/19/feli...female-inmates-after-spending-time-in-prison/

Felicity Huffman was so moved by the “harsh” conditions during her time at the Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin, California, that she now wants to work with incarcerated women as part of her community service program, Page Six has exclusively learned.

“Her experience is that these women are left behind,” a source close to the family told us. “They’re abandoned. There’s no support for them either in the institution or when they leave the institution, and that broke her heart.”

Of course. Now she wants to be the benevolent benefactor of these poor women. Huffman is a criminal. And now, she wants to hang out with her chic new club of criminals. What a cliche.

Waiting for her 20/20 interviews, and her new 501LLC corporation for charity benefits.

I am so thankful I am not in her (FH’s) world.....I will never understand all this PR bullcr@p.. if u want to help these women, then help them. Just shut your mouth, keep it to yourself and show up to do whatever it is they need (without clueing in the media). Whatever happened to quietly offering kind gestures? I was always taught that you never called attention to yourself, that was drilled into my brain since I can remember. Now everyone is tripping over themselves to tell the world how great they are.

I am so thankful I am not in her (FH’s) world.....I will never understand all this PR bullcr@p.. if u want to help these women, then help them. Just shut your mouth, keep it to yourself and show up to do whatever it is they need (without clueing in the media). Whatever happened to quietly offering kind gestures? I was always taught that you never called attention to yourself, that was drilled into my brain since I can remember. Now everyone is tripping over themselves to tell the world how great they are.

It is interesting how society has evolved. Years ago, bankruptcy was a shameful thing, bailing out on a mortgage was unheard of, and going to prison or jail meant was a severe stigma.

Now, it is seen as almost a "cachet", to have gone to prison. It hardly even affects people's careers. Robert Downey comes to mind. Felicity Huffman could turn this into a boon. Going to prison now is chic, in the Hollywood crowd.

no surprise here...

Lawyers for Loughlin and Giannulli entered not guilty pleas on their behalf Tuesday to charges of conspiracy to commit federal program bribery.

The couple previously pleaded not guilty to money laundering conspiracy, conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud.

Lori Loughlin, husband fighting new charges in admissions case | Boston.com

It is interesting how society has evolved. Years ago, bankruptcy was a shameful thing, bailing out on a mortgage was unheard of, and going to prison or jail meant was a severe stigma.

Now, it is seen as almost a "cachet", to have gone to prison. It hardly even affects people's careers. Robert Downey comes to mind. Felicity Huffman could turn this into a boon. Going to prison now is chic, in the Hollywood crowd.

So, so true. I was trying to think back to when the mindset seemed to change regarding jail.....it seems like it was such a PR event when Paris Hilton went to jail (if u can call it jail). It was a huge media event, along with all those people anxiously waiting to see Paris trot from the jail to her parents’ very nice car. Funny, I can’t even remember what she was incarcerated for lol!

Somehow we have evolved to a whole different reality and jail time is just a minor blip of no concern.

So, so true. I was trying to think back to when the mindset seemed to change regarding jail.....it seems like it was such a PR event when Paris Hilton went to jail (if u can call it jail). It was a huge media event, along with all those people anxiously waiting to see Paris trot from the jail to her parents’ very nice car. Funny, I can’t even remember what she was incarcerated for lol!

Somehow we have evolved to a whole different reality and jail time is just a minor blip of no concern.

So true. I used to work in HR, and that was when we "shifted" that, well, if we want any applicants to go to interview stage, we needed to change how we viewed jail, convictions...before they were "no go", then, it was...well....

According to a source spilling to ET, Lori is “terrified.” The insider continues:

“She is breaking down. She truly feels at her very worst. People are coming out in support of her lately but she is afraid to open up. She’s concerned if she talks to the wrong people that her opinions will get out and somehow affect the case.”

“Lori has always been an upstanding citizen, a loving mother and a gracious, wonderful friend. Those closest to her are devastated because she has been a good person to them and know she could be facing jail time because of very poor judgement. Her friends are supporting her and keep reminding her if she does time behind bars she will get through this.”

Lori was nowhere in sight at the wrap party for the Netflix revival show, Fuller House. Another source told ET:

“The cancellation of the show felt like another blow but she just couldn’t take part in anything to do with her TV family right now. The cast is so compassionate towards Lori and feel terrible for her. They felt their final wrap party was not the same without her.”

Lori Loughlin 'Breaking Down', Can't Trust Friends Or Costars - Perez Hilton

According to a source spilling to ET, Lori is “terrified.” The insider continues:

“She is breaking down. She truly feels at her very worst. People are coming out in support of her lately but she is afraid to open up. She’s concerned if she talks to the wrong people that her opinions will get out and somehow affect the case.”

“Lori has always been an upstanding citizen, a loving mother and a gracious, wonderful friend. Those closest to her are devastated because she has been a good person to them and know she could be facing jail time because of very poor judgement. Her friends are supporting her and keep reminding her if she does time behind bars she will get through this.”

Lori was nowhere in sight at the wrap party for the Netflix revival show, Fuller House. Another source told ET:

“The cancellation of the show felt like another blow but she just couldn’t take part in anything to do with her TV family right now. The cast is so compassionate towards Lori and feel terrible for her. They felt their final wrap party was not the same without her.”

Lori Loughlin 'Breaking Down', Can't Trust Friends Or Costars - Perez Hilton
BBM
Why is it always "could be facing jail time" or "possible jail time."
It's more than clear that, unless found not guilty of all 3 charges at trial, Lori will do time in a Federal prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member