CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I mean did he really think he was going to find someone to kill all those people? It’s so stupid.
What blows my mind is the absurdity of the huge request.

he is not offering any upfront expense money. But he gives him a long wish list of people to kill---
an entire family, including young children, a rancher and his wife, an FBI agent, and they span thousands of miles, but PF expects his prison buddy to accomplish this somehow? And with no money upfront, no real cash incentive....just a vague ' will pay whatever' ....

"oh, and I'm not guilty or anything, I just want these 10 people dead. thanks"

"in lieu of paying cash, a family member or friend can seek the services of a local bail bondsman to pay an inmate's bond. Bonding agencies charge a percentage fee for this service (often 10 or 15%), and will likely want to attach collateral property to the loan. You can locate a bail bondsman online or through your phone directory.

Bear in mind, all money or property put up to post bail is subject to forfeiture if the inmate does not show up for his or her scheduled hearings. Learn more on bail bonding here: How to post bail in Colorado."

same link as @MyBelle posted. Just had to read the first 25 words of the 1st paragraph and then read the 2nd paragraph to make the "cash only" statement false.

Cash, or it’s equivalent. Cash doesn’t necessarily mean “paper money.”

It is always documented, as that money is either reimbursed, or seized (failure to appear).

You are dead wrong on this.

I have to admit I laughed a bit at the thought of people showing up with cash for bail in my city.....

Talk about some crime scenes as our gangbangers line up outside to take that cash off the families' hands!

Last edited:
"in lieu of paying cash, a family member or friend can seek the services of a local bail bondsman to pay an inmate's bond. Bonding agencies charge a percentage fee for this service (often 10 or 15%), and will likely want to attach collateral property to the loan. You can locate a bail bondsman online or through your phone directory.

Bear in mind, all money or property put up to post bail is subject to forfeiture if the inmate does not show up for his or her scheduled hearings. Learn more on bail bonding here: How to post bail in Colorado."

same link as @MyBelle posted. Just had to read the first 25 words of the 1st paragraph and then read the 2nd paragraph to make the "cash only" statement false.

I do love absorbing all the information before forming an opinion.
Feels so good.

Last edited:
BBM. Yes we do know that the defense was not able to convince the judge. iow, the defense OBJECTED to it. My response was to a poster who claimed the defense didn't object to the 'paper' towel witness.

JMO
You are right MyBelle, sounds like the defense did object.
However, in the presence of the jury, the ones who decide their client's fate, the defense chose not to cross examine agent Slater on his familiarity with the writing. They did not.
As in the words of riolove77 this is telling....

The defense may have objected to the testimony before it began, but once they were in the court room in front of the jury they did very little to challenge the letters.

I can't think of any other reason why other than the fact that they know PF wrote them.

Imo
I know I was stunned at how little they did.

he is not offering any upfront expense money. But he gives him a long wish list of people to kill---
an entire family, including young children, a rancher and his wife, an FBI agent, and they span thousands of miles, but PF expects his prison buddy to accomplish this somehow? And with no money upfront, no real cash incentive....just a vague ' will pay whatever' ....

Lol! Yup!!!!

This and I wonder how many jurors heard the messages in the letters and thought if he is going after witnesses, what would he do to a juror?
But then they would sit back and smile at what a total buffoon he is, and know there was no real danger from the moron, who wrote his hit list on prison toilet towels saying FLUSH ME...

It’s almost babyishly naive actually.

My understanding is GF bailed him out. How about something as simple as a sack full of cash in the mailbox? I would love to know if LE dusted each and every bill that the GF presented for bail.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution. Which is why they brought forth the letters, and had the witness who received the letters testify to that, under oath.
The jury can decide who the think is more credible. Since they already caught PF in many lies, they might be more apt to believe the jail house witness.

The witness called the defense team back in October. So he had these letters back then already, before the trial began, and before all those people were named in the news.

Hard to believe how the jailhouse witness would know SF's cell number.
Technically, the jury hasn't caught PF in any lies because he has the right to remain silent.
I've seen no evidence the witness contacted the defense team in October or at any time.

Google SF's name and 8 names will pop up with name, address, phone number and a list of people they know. Not all that hard for a convict in need of money and a sweet plea deal.
JMO

Yes, the stupidity of PF is brilliant!

On the last day of trial with the jailhouse 'paper towel notes' he effectively created the equivalent of a huge billboard complete with multicolour blinking lights that said, "I AM GUILTY" and flashed it for all the world to see.

Moron doesn't even begin to cover it and IMO we are talking pathological stupidity on a level not seen too often.

MOO

Quite possible he only seems clinically stupid. Many of his dumb moves were made because he’s convinced people will do whatever he asks and buy whatever hogwash he’s selling. Probably low-average IQ but a shrewd genius in his own mind.

ETA MOO
Bam!!!
"Quite possible he only seems clinically stupid. Many of his dumb moves were made because he’s convinced people will do whatever he asks and buy whatever hogwash he’s selling. Probably low-average IQ but a shrewd genius in his own mind.
ETA MOO"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member