MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
tla8ab4tjqx31.png

I was finding it extremely difficult to keep track of all of the people and relationships between them in the case, so I decided to make a relationship diagram of the case. I used a free program called yEd which I decided on after searching around for some time.

I plan to improve it by adding much more information to it - eventually I hope to encompass all of the case's information in one massive diagram made up of multiple smaller diagrams, each mapping different types of information (a very ambitious goal indeed).

If this gets much interest and there are enough willing contributers, I think it would be really interesting to turn it into a community project with different people working on the sub-diagrams that are later compiled into the overarching diagram.

Any thoughts/input (about the diagram or idea) appreciated!

tla8ab4tjqx31.png

I was finding it extremely difficult to keep track of all of the people and relationships between them in the case, so I decided to make a relationship diagram of the case. I used a free program called yEd which I decided on after searching around for some time.

I plan to improve it by adding much more information to it - eventually I hope to encompass all of the case's information in one massive diagram made up of multiple smaller diagrams, each mapping different types of information (a very ambitious goal indeed).

If this gets much interest and there are enough willing contributers, I think it would be really interesting to turn it into a community project with different people working on the sub-diagrams that are later compiled into the overarching diagram.

Any thoughts/input (about the diagram or idea) appreciated!
I think this is very handy and clever.

FYI-the guys involved in grave robbing were either in high school or recent grads that passed a polygraph. I've read a bit about them as its an interesting angle, but I think there is nothing there and they were cleared.
After studying this a little more, I have to agree that they need to look in another direction for suspects. I've never known any teenager who was stealthy enough to make 3 people disappear. Perhaps the person that did do this had done it before. How many people may have helped him? If someone looks back before this , covering a time frame of about 6 months, and looks forward of it, about the same time frame, were there any other disappearances? I would look at a mileage radius of about 300 miles. Does anything come up? Again just my own math speculation.

Honestly, it can never hurt to have some clear and concise way to divide all the different aspects and theories in this crime, in addition to any links that emerge between them.
Yup, my reasoning exactly. I'd like to see more of these around as it really does make it easier to visualise (it's done for you) and understand the case better.

Do you think he was involved? He seems quite shady too - apparently he was SWATed (? probably not a real verb) for having escapees holed up in his house:
https://i.imgur.com/Aekviud.jpg?3

There is more info on him in a previously linked webpage (Persons of Interest):
Steven Eugene Garrison

As quotes from a News-Leader article (5 years) highlights below:

Garrison told police a friend had confessed to killing the three women during a drunken party. He told police information unknown to the public that led investigators to serve three search warrants at two sites in western Webster County; that they would find the women’s bodies and clues about their abduction and deaths. He also said a moss green van believed used to take the women would be found about 12 miles away, south of Fordland.

The property searched was the same site where in 1990 LE searched for two of three missing Springfieldians. Property owner Francis Lee Robb Sr. pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder in a case authorities said at the time they believed involve a drug deal gone awry.
Garrison was believed enough that a gag order concerning the three search warrants was issued by a judge.“…certain aspects of the information we received fit with other (private) aspects of the case,” Springfield Police Capt. Todd Whitson said. Whitson said the gag order was rare, but he could not say why it was issued,“other than to say there is such an order, and it governs the operation and everything related to the operation out here.” Added Webster County Sheriff C.E. Wells:“We can’t tell you anything about it until the order’s lifted.”

Info from News-Leader, Aug. 29 & 31, 1993.
Garrison is serving 40 years in prison for raping, sodomizing and terrorizing a female Springfield college student in the summer of 1993.

After tracking him and several associates almost exclusively for more than a year, police have since backed off Garrison. But not all the way off. They last approached him last summer. Six months ago, investigators looked to Colorado for information on Garrison, who is in a Missouri prison.

"They've never let up on me," Garrison says.
What disturbs me is that he committed such a serious crime after being made the prime suspect of a case that was known nation-wide. It is really illogical and therefore hard to understand why he would have done so. It's almost as if he is implicating himself by proving himself to be capable of doing such a thing.

MOD NOTE:

DISCUSSION OF AN UNRELATED CASE ON THIS THREAD IS OFF TOPIC AND A VIOLATION OF TOS. PLEASE KEEP YOUR POSTS ABOUT THIS CASE. IT IS CONFUSING AND DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW WHEN THE DISCUSSION VEERS OFF TO ANOTHER UNRELATED CASE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE CONTRIBUTORS TO WEBSLEUTHS DISCUSSION THREADS.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Not sure what Unrelated Case they are referring to? Hopefully they aren't referring to Garrison's cases, because they are definitely related/relevant to the 3MW case. :)

Do you think he was involved? He seems quite shady too - apparently he was SWATed (? probably not a real verb) for having escapees holed up in his house:
https://i.imgur.com/Aekviud.jpg?3

There is more info on him in a previously linked webpage (Persons of Interest):

What disturbs me is that he committed such a serious crime after being made the prime suspect of a case that was known nation-wide. It is really illogical and therefore hard to understand why he would have done so. It's almost as if he is implicating himself by proving himself to be capable of doing such a thing.
It is interesting that the newspaper article mentions that he was in that house with a 19 year old girl. I believe that cast even more suspicion upon him. He probably couldn't do this alone though. Have they ever found any link between him and any of the other suspects?

It is interesting that the newspaper article mentions that he was in that house with a 19 year old girl. I believe that cast even more suspicion upon him. He probably couldn't do this alone though. Have they ever found any link between him and any of the other suspects?
Yes.

He's directly connected to Dustin Recla (Suzie's ex). Recla dated Garrison's girlfriend's daughter at the time of the disappearance. Steve was only out of prison a few weeks.

He's the only suspect cops leaned on for dig locations. Three times.

Yes.

He's directly connected to Dustin Recla (Suzie's ex). Recla dated Garrison's girlfriend's daughter at the time of the disappearance. Steve was only out of prison a few weeks.

He's the only suspect cops leaned on for dig locations. Three times.
If Garrison does have information, he probably won't share it this late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard