Found Deceased MI - Kristin Gromoske, 17, Menominee, 8 Nov 2019

Stateline Mini Mart 432 Bridge St Marinette, WI Convenience Stores - MapQuest

Looking at the map and the large water body there, it appears to be the Menominee River:

“The Menominee River is a river in northwestern Michigan and northeastern Wisconsin in the United States. It is approximately 116 miles (187 km) long,[3] draining a rural forested area of northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michiganinto Lake Michigan. Its entire course, with that of its tributary, the Brule River, forms part of the boundary between the two states.[4][5]

Menominee River - Wikipedia

—-

How high is that river now and how fast is it flowing?

—-

More reference:

Menominee River [MI, WI] | American Rivers

About Menominee River AOC | US EPA

Boat launches, fishing accesses:
Menominee River

This Part of the Menomonee River Parkway is Almost Completely Deserted
We got a ton of rain over the summer and fall, and all of the water is crazy high. Some people who live on the bay barely have yards bc the water is so high. There was a fisherman who actually drowned end of summer/beginning of fall because the dams were moving so fast. But that is a dangerous area for fishing, so i don’t think they think it is anything like her falling in. Without it being frozen (no ice fishing or ice racing) or her being fishing, it’s unlikely there would be a water accident, but I guess you never know

That is the impression i get. Mom posted on fb initially that Kristin walked away from their apartment and she believed she was picked up somewhere by someone. So whether her intentions were to be picked up or not it’s not clear but I think she did intend to leave. You can never feel safe, but this is a small area where things like this really ‘don’t happen’ and a lot of folks don’t even lock their doors. So I feel like whoever she was picked up by, it probably was somewhat planned, but where she’s been taken, may have been not what she thought she was getting herself into.

Thanks! That helps. Reading between the lines is sounds like she went out as though a normal evening, but that she may have connected with someone who is not part of her normal group of friends. From there, it's hard to understand how she would be disoriented at the Stateline Minimart, or why she would be there at 8AM carrying a grocery bag.

There must be CCTV in the area.

State line is only a couple blocks from the marinette police station, and there is a bigger intersection (for this area). Right by state line, so very likely cameras caught her. When I was in high school (over 10 yrs ago) stateline was known to sell alcohol to minors. Not sure if that’s still the case, but could have been something along those lines in the bag she was carrying or they also sell things you’d find at most gas stations (other than gas).

Also possibly relevant Dunlap square apartments are right by stateline (in marinette, so if she was walking from stateline to the interstate bridge, she was not headed in that direction). Possible she stayed with someone there Friday night?
ETA: drove down that way tonight. I don’t go over there often other than to cross the bridge. But drove down a busier side street by Stateline. I forgot what a rough area it is. Lots of sketchy bars, a couple restaurants, a st. Vincent de Paul, and a couple other stores (antique shop, and a couple other small specialty type stores). Can’t imagine what she was doing walking around in that area. Also forgot to mention, on the other side of the interstate bridge, in Menominee, is the homeless shelter. Highly doubt coming from a place on first street, though, she’d choose to go there. And also with her being a minor who is a missing person, I’d think if she was there at any point at all, that would have been disclosed.

Last edited:
Her insta is kristin.g.345
There is a post she made November 2nd captioned ‘so far, sobriety rocks’
Kind of adds another layer to all of this. I’m guessing she took off Friday with someone other than a Fellow high school kid, and who knows what kind of person that is and what kind of intentions they have for her :( all jmo

Menominee teen girl still missing
Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:00 AM

“According to Gromoske’s mother, Diane St. Martin, Gromoske left their apartment voluntarily Nov. 8 at 7:15 p.m. She said her daughter was last seen at Stateline Mini Mart in Marinette between 7 and 8 a.m. Saturday. “She was dropped off and started walking north toward the Interstate Bridge. Then her phone either died or was turned off shortly after that, because the last time it was pinged to be active was at 8:04 a.m. After that, there’s been nothing from her phone,” she said.”
I hadn’t seen/heard the part about her being dropped off at Stateline. Strange they haven’t released the info on what type of vehicle she was dropped off in. And also, her being dropped off, then seen leaving on foot, in the cold cold weather we’ve had is bizarre. All imo.

The story I read was poorly worded. I believe she was dropped off at the convenience store rather than being picked up from there. So that indicates she spent the prior evening with someone. Here's what I don't get. If she was walking toward the bridge, that means she was headed toward her hometown. But why not ask the person to drive her across the bridge?
This strikes me as very odd, also. Unless she argued with whoever it was and they said they were dropping her off and she needed to go home or something like that. Her mom as well as maternal grandma and grandpa have been posting on Facebook, updating their original posts, and responding to some comments. Haven’t seen anything from dad or his side of the family. I know he was living in the area at least 2 years ago, but I am not sure if he still is, or if he is from the area as I am not too familiar with his last name, and this is a small, small area. (Marinette’s population is just under 11k, Menominee’s is probably pretty similar).

This is something i fear. 17 year old takes off, but whoever is ‘helping her’ possibly someone she met online, has plans for her that are more than just letting her cool off with them for a couple days. We are about an hour north of Green Bay and it has been said that packer game weekends are big money makers for human traffickers. I did look, and this Sunday is a bye week. Last Sunday, however, was a home game. Below articles are from summer 2019. There is another I remember seeing on Facebook that talked about the packer games etc. trying to find it.
http://www.baycitiesonline.com/news...eads-to-multiple-arrests-in-menominee-county/
Sex Trafficking Investigation Leads to Multiple Arrests in Menominee County

Human trafficking in Wisconsin is subtle, police and survivors say
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sheboyganpress.com/amp/2914091002

Human trafficking is all over Wisconsin, but subtle. You might have seen victims and never known.

This isn’t the article I was looking for as it is a bit old, but I saw a recent one over the summer talking about very similar situations.
Human trafficking spreads in Wisconsin
Beyer said human traffickers often move up from Chicago, stopping at Wisconsin cities along Interstate 41 before heading west.

Green Bay, with its location along interstates, attractiveness to tourists and its ability to attract thousands of cash-laden weekend visitors for football games and concerts, can present a level of demand that appeals greatly to traffickers, said Brown County Sheriff's Lt. Jim Valley, who frequently investigates sex crimes against minors.

Nothing new on this case ???????......moo
Nope. We were around town today, and I barely even noticed any fliers hanging. The only ones I saw were one on the door to the bike shop her maternal grandfather owns, one on the door of the Stateline minimart & 1 on the door of the sub shoppe on first street. Granted I wasn’t all over town driving past every single place, but in such a spread out area that we did travel, I was surprised to see that was it. As of now the only ‘updates’ I’ve seen posted are she is still missing :/

Just tossing ideas out ...

There's a comment about a phone call at 8:04AM on Saturday morning. That is the last time that the phone pinged. There's also a comment that she said that she didn't know where she was, but we know that she was at the Stateline Mini Mart at 8:04AM. How could she not know where she is? That location is 30 minutes from her home.

There's another comment that she was carrying a grocery bag, she was near the bridge but did not cross the bridge.

If she's carrying a grocery bag, presumably from the Mini Mart, and walking towards the bridge, phoning someone stating that she doesn't know where she is, what happened next? Her phone stopped working and she vanished. Why?

What is the big picture here? Was she with someone at the Mini Mart, she wandered off with the groceries, made a call, the person she was with drove up, and poof, she's gone?

Has the family been able to find anyone that she was with on the night of November 8 after 7:15PM?

upload_2019-11-17_20-33-15.png

upload_2019-11-17_20-34-13.png

There's a comment about a phone call at 8:04AM on Saturday morning. That is the last time that the phone pinged. There's also a comment that she said that she didn't know where she was, but we know that she was at the Stateline Mini Mart at 8:04AM. How could she not know where she is? That location is 30 minutes from her home.

There's another comment that she was carrying a grocery bag, she was near the bridge but did not cross the bridge.

If she's carrying a grocery bag, presumably from the Mini Mart, and walking towards the bridge, phoning someone stating that she doesn't know where she is, what happened next? Her phone stopped working and she vanished. Why?

What is the big picture here? Was she with someone at the Mini Mart, she wandered off with the groceries, made a call, the person she was with drove up, and poof, she's gone?

Has the family been able to find anyone that she was with on the night of November 8 after 7:15PM?

View attachment 215900

View attachment 215901
Perhaps whoever she was talking to (do we know btw?), she didn’t want them to know where she was. So she responded with “I don’t know where I’m at”. Then was picked up. I hope they get a lot of answers from her phone records.

View attachment 215900

View attachment 215901
unfortunately i don’t think we have answers to any of those questions. A lot of stuff I think isn’t being released and you’d think some of those details are important enough that they should release them to help find her. Her mom, grandpa, & grandma all have their Facebook posts (anything related to Kristin at least) set to public. I noticed one of grandmas posts grandma replied to a commenter asking for an update that police had leads. But that was 4 days ago.. she replied to someone else who had heard Kristin was found, that NO she has not been found, she was missing 6 days now (at the time of her response) & that she’s been without her meds for 6 days. No idea how relevant that is, because of the lack of information being released. Hopefully tomorrow they will have some sort of update. I have not heard of a single search or even of anyone asking for volunteers to help hand out flyers or anything of the sort. Just asking to share Facebook posts. Bizarre.

Perhaps whoever she was talking to (do we know btw?), she didn’t want them to know where she was. So she responded with “I don’t know where I’m at”. Then was picked up. I hope they get a lot of answers from her phone records.

We know nothing about this other than a comment in the first posts that she didn't know where she was, and that the last ping location was at 8:04AM near the Stateline Mini Mart. Her phone went silent at that time.

I'm not going to read anything into this, such as she knew where she was but pretended she didn't. I think she didn't know where she was as she carried a grocery bag and walked towards the interstate bridge, even though that location is 30 minutes from home. I think she was not thinking straight.

Hopefully her phone records tell a story, although that may not answer the question of where she is. There's also a comment about Texas. Was she talking to someone from Texas? If she wasn't with her group of friends, was she meeting a new friend - a few drinks, watch the sun come up, get some snacks, and she's talking to someone about being disoriented about where she is? Poof, offline?

View attachment 215900

View attachment 215901
Bbm:
Our towns are so little. Depending where she lived exactly on first street it could be give or take a couple minutes, but via car, you could be from Stateline to first street area in 5 minutes or less. No way a 17 year old is in ‘town’ marinette/Menominee and has no idea where they are unless they are impaired, having a medical emergency, or being blindfolded.

We know nothing about this other than a comment in the first posts that she didn't know where she was, and that the last ping location was at 8:04AM near the Stateline Mini Mart. Her phone went silent at that time.

I'm not going to read anything into this, such as she knew where she was but pretended she didn't. I think she didn't know where she was as she carried a grocery bag and walked towards the interstate bridge, even though that location is 30 minutes from home. I think she was not thinking straight.

Hopefully her phone records tell a story, although that may not answer the question of where she is. There's also a comment about Texas. Was she talking to someone from Texas? If she wasn't with her group of friends, was she meeting a new friend - a few drinks, watch the sun come up, get some snacks, and she's talking to someone about being disoriented about where she is? Poof, offline?
Re: The comment about Texas. Someone told her mom that they needed to check with TX (can’t recall the city off the top of my head) because a girl was found in a Walmart last week who said she had been kidnapped and escaped. The person told mom that the girls first name was Kristin or something close to that. I guess that originated off of a Facebook live someone did based off of this happening in Texas. Mom Said it was a long shot, but did let local police know. Haven’t heard anything more about it, so assuming it wasn’t Kristin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back