GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

How dumb do you have to be to think you'll get away with a thing like this when you're spotted on camera buying gloves and cleaning supplies when your wife goes missing?
Sick of seeing stories about brilliant women being slaughtered by insecure, morally corrupt men. UGH.

Or to have killed your wife, and just sit in jail and not tell LE where you put her body? That's always the part that gets me, CONFESS!!!

My daughter went to high school with Beau in Harrisburg Mo, a small town just outside of Columbia. I wonder if his family has any land near there whe. e he could have dumped the body? That would be a 4.5 hour round trip max..
@Gtcomo bbm.
Originally a small town boy? Not necessarily, only ~ 4 mi from Columbia Mo. w estimated 123,180 residents in 2018.
Now in St. Louis metro area, how many years?

-------------------------------------------------------
"Harrisburg is a village in western Boone County, Missouri, United States. It is part of the Columbia, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 266 at the 2010 census.
"The Harrisburg R-VIII School District operates an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. Total enrollment in 2009 was 585. The high school in 2009 had a 93.3% graduation rate."
Harrisburg, Missouri - Wikipedia bbm

@Gtcomo bbm.
Originally a small town boy? Not necessarily, only ~ 4 mi from Columbia Mo. w estimated 123,180 residents in 2018.
Now in St. Louis metro area, how many years?

-------------------------------------------------------
"Harrisburg is a village in western Boone County, Missouri, United States. It is part of the Columbia, Missouri Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 266 at the 2010 census.
"The Harrisburg R-VIII School District operates an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. Total enrollment in 2009 was 585. The high school in 2009 had a 93.3% graduation rate."
Harrisburg, Missouri - Wikipedia bbm
Harrisburg is actually 15 minutes from Colombia. Most people in the Harrisburg school district work in Columbia. Harrisburg has its own school district and is not in the Columbia district. Most people have a little land and home that go to Harrisburg schools... so who knows if beaus family or somebody he knows has a place to dump a body. Harrisburg is a close knit Little town

Thank you, @Gtcomo for info, so I'm expanding below (too late to edit my earlier post).

Distance

"Distance between Columbia, MO and Harrisburg, MO
.... 21 miles (33.80 kilometers) by car, following the MO 124 route. Columbia and Harrisburg are 30 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop."
Earlier post had incorrect :mad: info from city-data.com re Harrisburg Mo: " ... Columbia, MO 3.9 miles"

Population & Schools, as correctly stated in my earlier post.
"Harrisburg ... population was 266 at the
2010 census."

"The Harrisburg R-VIII School District operates an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. Total enrollment in 2009 was 585."

Thanks again, Gtcomo.:)

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-16_12-32-36.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 8
  • upload_2019-11-16_12-32-36.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 4
I'm getting a feeling that she is very close to home, maybe actually inside the home or secreted inside a structure located on or near a property he lives in or owns. The only thing I really have to base this on is I believe he didn't plan the aftermath. For a killer to not consider LE would pursue/pay attention to his shopping trip to buy "cleaning" supplies, a rushed and frantic disposal of the body seems to fit. IMO

Ugh! Another husband accused of killing his wife. I will never understand why murder is preferred over divorce!

At least they caught him right away for the sake of her family and friends, and it didn't drag on and on with the pleading husband begging for her return. I hope they find her soon!

If she’s in water, it could be a while before she floats because of current temperatures. The Missouri River is only a few miles away too, in which case, they may never find her, sadly. I hope that’s not the case.

Everything points to this being a crime of passion. The only thing we don't know is what set off this guy.

I'm also thinking a sudden snap led to this murder. Everything points to an after-the-fact attempt to cover things up. If it was premeditated, there are plenty of much better ways and places to commit a murder in that area. Doing it in their home reeks of an unplanned kill, followed by an incredibly amateurish attempt to cover it up.

This one especially breaks my heart because she reminds me of both my daughter and several close friends, and it occurred just a few miles from my home. No kids, not married for long, it makes less than no sense to me. Just be grown up and leave the relationship under the best terms you can. Damn. RIP Jenifer. You didn't deserve anything close to this.

Do we know the last time that someone saw her? If she worked on Monday, she must have been killed in her home some time after work. I'm trying to put myself in the guy's shoes for a moment to figure out how much time he had and how he might have used that time. This may lead to some knowledge of what happened to her.

He was spotted at a store buying cleaning supplies on Monday.

He contacts police late Tuesday evening.

It's worth noting that the carpets weren't dry. So I'm thinking he spent a good part of Tuesday cleaning the house.

He says she left Tuesday morning. That is a lie, of course. But he has to know that a neighbor might have seen her car at home on Monday night. So he can't say she never came home. And he also knows that a neighbor might have seen the car leave the house. So that time he gives for when his wife left is most certainly the time he left in the car.

So, he leaves early Tuesday morning with the car and leaves it close enough that he can walk home before daylight. He gets home. Now it's cleaning time. Clearly, it was an all-day job that was never quite finished.

My guess is that he used every minute he had available. If he waits until late in the evening to leave the house, he still probably has 4-5 hours to dispose of the body. That's a possible two-hour drive. So, where does one go when one is educated and is trying to get rid of a body? Rivers are always a possibility. There are tons of lakes not far away in the Ozarks area. Certainly, he had opportunity to put a lot of distance between himself and his deceased wife. I hope they find her soon. For her family's sake and to make sure that he gets the maximum possible sentence.

Now, about this co-worker thinking that it might have been a domestic issue. Did she speak of violence at home before? Was someone she worked with in a relationship with her? I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

I don't recall if there's been any confirmation of JR's last sighting outside of the defendant. I'm concerned JR could have been killed as early as Sunday and the defendant was out on Monday buying supplies to clean up the crime scene. Last week was a 3 day weekend for many with Veteran's Day observed on Monday, Nov 11.

This has all the signs of a crime of passion (killing took place at home) and took more effort to hide her body.

At this point, her parents know she was victim of a crime in her own home and now this guy needs to fess up with her location. Stop adding to her family's pain and grief.

MOO

I don't recall if there's been any confirmation of JR's last sighting outside of the defendant. I'm concerned JR could have been killed as early as Sunday and the defendant was out on Monday buying supplies to clean up the crime scene. Last week was a 3 day weekend for many with Veteran's Day observed on Monday, Nov 11.

This has all the signs of a crime of passion (killing took place at home) and took more effort to hide her body.

At this point, her parents know she was victim of a crime in her own home and now this guy needs to fess up with her location. Stop adding to her family's pain and grief.

MOO
As far as I know the husband is the only one who says he last saw her on Tuesday 11/12. I also think she was killed either Sunday or Monday. Like you said, tell where to find her. He has had a relationship with her family for several years, being married to their loved one. How can he sit in jail and make them suffer further?

Usually greed is the reason for murder over divorce, especially if they haven’t been married long enough for him to cash in on her assets. Depending on how long she’s worked for this company and if any other life insurance policies were taken out on her, she could be worth more to him dead, than alive.

If he has a girlfriend in the mix, that’s even more of an incentive to choose murder over divorce.

I have to laugh that he buys bleach, gloves and other cleaning supplies and gets caught on camera and he didn’t think anyone would be the wiser? I wonder how often any man buys those kinds of items that isn’t trying to clean up the murder of their wife or girlfriend, over say, just deep cleaning of the house in general for her? Any woman knows you do not clean carpet with bleach. Or a wood floor for that matter. IMO

When Did They Marry?
They bought the home April 2018. Yes, this is the address.
@BeckyF :) Thanks for the confirmation.
More info from zillow* makes me think of a school mate from yrs ago who on graduation got married w plans for starting a large family and bought a 5 bed/4 bath/3 car garage in a lovely suburban neighborhood. Sadly before their second wedding anniversary, her husband died of a bolt-from-out-of-the blue-cancer. No children.

With 2300 sq ft., 4/3/2 home, I wonder if Jennifer & Beau planned to have children. Potential source of differences, if not clarified before marriage? Horribly sad for her, families, friends, everyone. jmo.

--------------------------------------------------
* "https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12644...
12644 Northwinds Dr , Saint Louis, MO 63146-4506 is currently not for sale. The 2,303 sq. ft. single-family home is a 4 bed, 3.0 bath property. This home was built in 1968 and last sold on 3/29/2018 for $347,000." bbm

Yeah, this was, um, quick.

I'm leaning towards "crime of passion" also because, well, it's the opposite of what anyone would call "planned out". People expecting to see her at work... family members expecting to see her socially/after... bad weather in which one cannot drive... these all shriek of spur-of-the-moment because surely no sentient, presumably well educated person, would choose any of the revealed aspects of this crime voluntarily; if they had space and time in which to go making plans.

Been following this one quietly. I also think it's a crime of passion/anger. I suppose it could be a planned murder that went wrong because the victim did not respond to a threat in the anticipated manner, however it "feels" like he flew by the seat of his pants trying to cover this up.

I hope he grows a conscience and tells LE where she is...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back