ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys seen this “uncut” news interview before that was supposedly recorded 8 months later? I followed this case from a distance and got in here late, when the documentary came out. Tia.

Have you guys seen this “uncut” news interview before that was supposedly recorded 8 months later? I followed this case from a distance and got in here late, when the documentary came out. Tia.

Yes, I had seen that bit where Vernal tells Jessica to refer to DeOrr in the present instead of past tense, and she makes that little eyeroll/moue face.

I had not seen the bit where he says to the interviewer about not showing the uncut footage.

Only thing I saw different was GGP wetting the chair. Not sure why that is anything but an old person incontinent. I also "think" I heard GGP say Baby D was 80 or 90 feet away from him the last time he saw him but I think it was supposed to be 8 or 9...Also it struck me again GGP major hesitation when asked if Jessica had anything to do with Baby Deoor's disappearance. He didn't hesitate at all about Vernal. I do believe he knew much more than he said and took it to his grave.

For those not familiar with the creek search there are a couple scenes that show how extensively it was searched by dozens and dozens of searchers and divers.

There then that... I saw nothing new. It was a well done documentary. JMO

I have been seeing a bunch of shows on this case lately and hadn't really followed the story before. What is the consensus (or everyone's thoughts) on what happened? I feel like something happened before the camping trip and that was all a set up for a cover story. Or they went there for nefarious reasons and got caught up in whatever they were doing and neglected the baby and an accident happened so they then went in cover up mode.

I have been seeing a bunch of shows on this case lately and hadn't really followed the story before. What is the consensus (or everyone's thoughts) on what happened? I feel like something happened before the camping trip and that was all a set up for a cover story. Or they went there for nefarious reasons and got caught up in whatever they were doing and neglected the baby and an accident happened so they then went in cover up mode.

Welcome!! I reckon a good 90% of us think the parents are guilty of something, and are fairly evenly split whether that something happened before or after arriving at the campsite. For me, I'd happily go with the pre-trip theory but Isaac is my sticking point, I just don't think he's clever enough to sustain the lie.

I've forgotten the details now but wasn't the journey from home to campground a bit iffy - took much longer than it should, change of vehicle, stopping for petrol and phone chargers, getting lost in a tiny town, making up interactions with locals etc etc. If anyone can clarify these points I'd appreciate it!

Welcome!! I reckon a good 90% of us think the parents are guilty of something, and are fairly evenly split whether that something happened before or after arriving at the campsite. For me, I'd happily go with the pre-trip theory but Isaac is my sticking point, I just don't think he's clever enough to sustain the lie.

I've forgotten the details now but wasn't the journey from home to campground a bit iffy - took much longer than it should, change of vehicle, stopping for petrol and phone chargers, getting lost in a tiny town, making up interactions with locals etc etc. If anyone can clarify these points I'd appreciate it!
I did see something about this. That had me wondering if they went somewhere else to dump his poor little body and then went to camp ground where they claimed to have lost him.

I did see something about this. That had me wondering if they went somewhere else to dump his poor little body and then went to camp ground where they claimed to have lost him.

I just think it would be a massive risk to go into a shop or restaurant or whatever, not knowing if there is CCTV that would prove or disprove your story. So that makes me assume DeOrr was with them at that point.

The one thing that keeps coming back to me is that Grandpa would be the only one they'd all cover for.

I just think it would be a massive risk to go into a shop or restaurant or whatever, not knowing if there is CCTV that would prove or disprove your story. So that makes me assume DeOrr was with them at that point.

The one thing that keeps coming back to me is that Grandpa would be the only one they'd all cover for.
I don't think Vernal would cover for grandpa. MOO

Wasn't there a comment somewhere about how Isaac was the only one not to have changed his story? I think he was led to believe that Deorr was there but maybe never actually saw him - "he's sleeping in the camper" "he's on a walk with Mom" etc. Isaac had no reason to doubt them and is unknowingly included in the cover up.

Such a sad, sad story. I too watched the HLN episode and nothing new really came out. Two moments in the show did stand out to me however; when Grandpa Bob was being interviewed, at one point he said something to the effect that “I had better stop or I’ll be in trouble”, that may not be his exact words, but something along those lines. Would he “be in trouble” because he was negligent in supervising Deorr and something bad happened under his watch? Or would he “be in trouble” with his granddaughter and VK if he let something slip about what happened to Deorr?

Also, another telling moment for me was when they were interviewing JM and VK, and she was referring to Deorr in the past tense, as if she knew he was dead. And VK coaching her to speak about the boy in present tense. Very, very odd.....

Last edited:
New TV special about missing toddler DeOrr Kunz features bombshell police interviews | Daily Mail Online
Snipped
In the excerpt, Mitchell appears to suggest she believes her grandfather, Bob Walton, may have had something to do with her son's vanishing.

'I think he feels guilty about it. I feel like he's putting a lot of this on himself, and it's hurting his health pretty bad,' Mitchell says.

She then ominously states: 'He loved Little Man to death'.
But did he? I mean grandpa I’m sure loved the baby but he wasn’t all into him like Jessica is saying. I think now that gpa is gone they are trying to kinda shift the blame. Gpa even said he wasn’t all loving on kids or such. I’m not even sure gpa even really saw him. They could of made him think he did just like issac . Imo. Remember it was the parents and only the parents who gave all the stories about people they interacted with people who played with ,saw etc “little man” but they didn’t even give matching stories. Dad gave stories that totally counteracted moms. Mom did the same. They couldn’t even get that straight. But of all the people they said saw the baby. Everyone of them denied it. They agreed they were there one person even saw the baby seat. But not one person would confirm a child was there

Oh yes, I think that's exactly what she's doing.
Shifting the blame.

I read that earlier but I didn't know if gpa was alive when she said it, or had died already.
Which would be the perfect opportunity for her to blame the poor guy. jmo

@Kittycat01.....
I think gpa would be "in trouble"

The stories that they can't keep straight seem to begin with the morning they woke up at the campground. Inconsistent stories about what time they woke up, what they had for breakfast, who made breakfast, etc...

And then they had their 'emergency' trip to town for tampons. And they lied about many things that happened in town as well, claiming people saw and played with Lil DeOrr, when that didnt really happen.

So it feels to me like something bad may have happened in the night? Maybe the baby was smothered when one of them rolled over on him that night in the SUV. ?

But it involved an erratic, chaotic morning coverup. A drive to town for an alibi and maybe so they could dispose of the remains or some evidence?

Grandpa wouldn't remember if he did or didnt see 'lil man' that day or not. And Isaac wouldn't want to get involved and swept up in anything. Just go with the flow.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member