AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Roughly 30 people gathered in the backyard of a nearby home to keep her in the community’s thoughts.

Camila wrote on her poster that she hopes Dulce can be home for Christmas.

During the vigil, Alavez Perez told the media present that she’s worried because police haven’t found much evidence.
“We know nothing about my daughter still."

Life hasn’t been the same without Dulce, she said: It’s difficult to go out in public because of the increased attention, and last week people mistakenly thought Camila was Dulce and started to take photos.

Stacey Filoon, a community volunteer helping in the search for Dulce, said efforts are underway to get new K-9 and dive teams to help in the investigation.

Bridgeton and the police have approved a start by the search teams once the family signs off. The plan is to have the dive team search all 31 miles of the nearby Cohansey River and other nearby waterways surrounding Bridgeton City Park.

Filoon said the team is going to search “as if it was Day One.”
bbm

‘We still have the faith’: 2 months after Dulce vanished, still seeking answers

Sad, only 30 people showed up. Apologies @283 @Han I just read both your posts on this info I did not know you both posted this already
Reinforcement

Last edited:
And that is what is causing Dulce's disappearance to not be solved.

How is this LE's fault, when people may have information but won't talk?

they could use snail mail and send it in anonymously, instead of having this family suffer like this and Dulce's location unknown. We don't know for sure if she's alive and well or was tortured and killed on the first day.

It could also be that no one truly knows what happened to Dulce. Maybe everyone at the park told all that they saw and knew of that day, and nothing truly stood out as a kidnapping to them.

I think part of the problem is that the Mom called the brother first to bring his dog down, and they searched for her for 45 minutes before calling LE. That's a lot of time for a perp to get away, they could have been three or four towns over by the time LE gathered information and started searching.

I just think that LE's hands are tied. They have no new leads, and if anyone does know what happened to her, they aren't talking. Where does LE go from there?

This is the message we have got to get across. I swear it needs to be in welcome baby bags at every hospital. "Call 911 immediately if you cannot find your child. We would much rather have a happy ending".

It seems something has been overlooked as it relates to the mother in this case. Given how loathe the community is to interact with authorities, it reinforces how desperate the mother must have been to call police. Drawing attention to themselves seems to be the last thing community members seem to want to do.

I think it’s important to consider this dynamic when weighing possibilities.

amateur opinion and speculation

I can’t tell you how many times I have face palmed myself while reading here & saying WT??? I could care less if Dulce’s family is here legally or not SMDH That stuff needs to be put on the back burner! I get LE is concerned. I get the community being concerned, but people need to really drive it home that it does NOT MATTER RIGHT NOW! Call me crazy, but KIDS COME FIRST! MOO

I can’t tell you how many times I have face palmed myself while reading here & saying WT??? I could care less if Dulce’s family is here legally or not SMDH That stuff needs to be put on the back burner! I get LE is concerned. I get the community being concerned, but people need to really drive it home that it does NOT MATTER RIGHT NOW! Call me crazy, but KIDS COME FIRST! MOO

I'm having the exact same reaction.

There is a 35 minute video of the vigil posted on YouTube if anyone wants to watch. I found it more aggravating how disorganized it was and by a few things that were said ..
Jackie the translator/spokesperson reads the signs written in Spanish that Norma and Camila are holding - when someone asks her to translate them in English she says she will try - I think maybe she speaks Spanish but maybe doesn’t read/translate well. Someone else steps in and translates only Camilla’s sign.
Norma speaks in Spanish and Jackie summarized only a few words in English - does not translate verbatim
A man also speaks Spanish - I don’t hear them identify who he is (multiple people are speaking at same time) and everyone is so bundled up it is hard to see who it is. She does not translate at all what he says in English.
When a reporter asks why they are holding the vigil on private property- the woman volunteer from Philly who does a lot of the speaking - responds that city hall required a permit to turn the lights on and suggested having it at 3pm- which would make having a candle light vigil difficult since it would not be dark. Also mentions the city worker responsible for turning on the lights is on vacation? City refers them to salvation army? The woman from Philly mentions another volunteer who is not present but has been emailing for help - mentions that the mayor was emailed and did not respond.
It seems the k9 and dive teams are agreeing to search based on these ladies sending emails - the town has approved but the family needs to sign off ?
The woman from Philly mentions the community has not been asked to search their property.

So frustrating -what in the world is going on here ?

I'm having the exact same reaction.
This is so frustrating! Is there NO ONE experienced who will volunteer to be a spokesperson for Dulce’s family?? This is just BS!
I hope Dulce is found, but I’ll tell you what, I will NEVER forget how this has played out....it’s maddening!
MOO

Exactly! A 5 yr-old girl is nowhere to be found. This is all that matters. Top Priority

Last edited:
This is so frustrating! Is there NO ONE experienced who will volunteer to be a spokesperson for Dulce’s family?? This is just BS!
I hope Dulce is found, but I’ll tell you what, I will NEVER forget how this has played out....it’s maddening!
MOO

At this point I'm just gonna say what I think and hopefully their "spokesperson" reads here. Attention is great, not at the expense of a child. I really hope the lure of being in the spotlight isn't steamrolling over qualified advocates. LE probably is trying to distance themselves from the spokesperson/advocate rather than the family. Clergy may be as well. It's a hot mess.

I feel better.

Exactly! A 5 yr-old girl is nowhere to be found. This is all that matters.
I’m so angry but WHO TH do we blame?!?
Poor Dulce!!! If she is able to see this on the news....:( I hope she is only because it means she is alive but it would make her so sad !!! I’m not anywhere near Bridgeton but my face is flushed from shame & embarrassment of this family not getting the attention other cases have gotten!! :oops:

At this point I'm just gonna say what I think and hopefully their "spokesperson" reads here. Attention is great, not at the expense of a child. I really hope the lure of being in the spotlight isn't steamrolling over qualified advocates. LE probably is trying to distance themselves from the spokesperson/advocate rather than the family. Clergy may be as well. It's a hot mess.

I feel better.

As much as she says she doing it for Dulce she is apparently bullying others who try to help with filthy disgusting expletive rants and is posting screen shots of text messages between her and Noema. I am not big into Facebook to start with but am now completely turned off -she lost any credibility she had in my book. Read somewhere dr Phil compensates guests ..

Thanks @283 for summarizing the vigil information. The disorganization is a bit of a turnoff for those who may want to help. The lack of support to carry out the vigils and searchers can lead people to assume efforts to help this family are not deserved. Like there's something LE and Bridgeton City knows, but cannot say.

@momrids6 I have also noticed LE not asking for volunteers to search, ever. There was the Amber Alert and reminders to keep children close, but no request for help in searching. Again, makes you wonder why.

I'm interested in the Dr Phil interview.
He is usually pretty hard on his guests, so I wonder the appeal for Dulce's mom to do it, except for a genurine desire to get Dulce's story out nationally.
I have felt unclear why Dulce's grandfather said from the start he would not comment to the media. I wonder how influential he has been in the family about keeping quiet.

For a while now, I've felt the missing piece of information LE speaks about is being kept within the family and not an outside witness like a basketball player. But, that's my opinion and most of this situation doesn't,make sense to me.
This has certainly been a unique situation, playing out in a way very different from other similarly news worthy things going on in this area.
Beyond my opinion and observations...
There's warnings of coastal flooding in Cumberland County today which could bring up evidence maybe.

Thanks @283 for summarizing the vigil information. The disorganization is a bit of a turnoff for those who may want to help. The lack of support to carry out the vigils and searchers can lead people to assume efforts to help this family are not deserved. Like there's something LE and Bridgeton City knows, but cannot say.

@momrids6 I have also noticed LE not asking for volunteers to search, ever. There was the Amber Alert and reminders to keep children close, but no request for help in searching. Again, makes you wonder why.

I'm interested in the Dr Phil interview.
He is usually pretty hard on his guests, so I wonder the appeal for Dulce's mom to do it, except for a genurine desire to get Dulce's story out nationally.
I have felt unclear why Dulce's grandfather said from the start he would not comment to the media. I wonder how influential he has been in the family about keeping quiet.

For a while now, I've felt the missing piece of information LE speaks about is being kept within the family and not an outside witness like a basketball player. But, that's my opinion and most of this situation doesn't,make sense to me.
This has certainly been a unique situation, playing out in a way very different from other similarly news worthy things going on in this area.
Beyond my opinion and observations...
There's warnings of coastal flooding in Cumberland County today which could bring up evidence maybe.

No need to thank me I def would not make a good court reporter -thanks @cass523 for posting vigil video link -
I just wanted to put it out there - wasn’t sure if we were allowed to link and didn’t want to seem like I was trying advertise anyone’s you tube channel.
this is just such an absolute debacle at this point
I continue to hope /believe law enforcement knows more and is keeping it close to the vest

I don't see Dulce's name mentioned on Dr. Phil's weekly episodes line-up. The Nov. 21st episode is written as:

Terrorized by Technology: Held Hostage by Our Smart Homes

IN THE NEWS

Brooklyn, Arjun, and Andy all say they had the terrifying experience of having their smart home camera systems hacked: Brooklyn had complete strangers talking to her 8-year-old daughter, and Arjun’s smart thermostat was raised to 90 degrees while his 7-month-old son was asleep. In a surprising twist, also meet Hank, who hacked Andy’s system. Learn why he says he did it, and get a chance to see this scary situation from a hacker’s point of view. Then, cybersecurity expert and “the world’s most famous hacker” Kevin Mitnick demonstrates some methods hackers use to access sensitive information, and gives valuable tips to keep yourself safe in the cyberworld.

2019-11-16 to 2019-11-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member