MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Garrison was also dating one of the 3 mens' mother, and it he may have been a member of a motorcycle gang said to be heavily in the drug field.
Keep in mind Garrison’s low bail — which police bailed him out, taking him into a public building (hotel) in hopes he talks, only for him to ‘Houdini’ an escape, and something just doesn’t add up. Maybe a criminal informant?

Not sure what Unrelated Case they are referring to? Hopefully they aren't referring to Garrison's cases, because they are definitely related/relevant to the 3MW case. :)
There were some posts referring to the Jodi Huisentruit case, iirc.

As for Garrison, I always felt he and guys like Carnahan are more likely to be involved or have some inside knowledge about this case than someone like Cox.

Springfield Three

Green van tip: Credible
Makes sense he would have Suzie drive as he could not control 3 women while driving van itself. Van would also be perfect for abduction as you cannot see inside. If this was a stranger abduction suspect has probably done it before.
Did similar crimes occur in area? With such a rare vehicle it seems it can be traced especially if they had three number from the plate.

Restaurant: Credible
If they went to restaurant maybe that explains the cars being moved or not in usual place. Also they could have been seen & followed home from this location.
Also all the purses located together would seem to support they had gone out together. Was Susie feeling sick? Would you go eat if you are sick? Well maybe if you’ve had too much to drink & your Mom insisted you need to eat something or maybe need coffee to sober up.

Robert Cox: Credible
Same modus operandi. Similar crimes. Lied about going to church. Girlfriend recanted alibi.

Ex-Boyfriend: Not Credible
No way. Not sophisticated enough to make them disappear. Also would not exonerate him from the crimes he committed. But I bet we can tie him to the obscene phone calls. (Just a hunch)

Brother: Not credible
Same as boyfriend plus not enough motive.

Cop theory: Not Credible
The three women would have been visible and easily spotted in a police cruiser.
But maybe someone impersonating a cop to gain entrance to residence.

My theory:
Stranger on stranger crime. The most difficult crime to solve.
I believe the went to restaurant & were followed home by green van.

Unanswered questions:
The location of the home was directly next to an industrial looking business/building
What business was located here at this time? A fence separates the two. As clearly shown in crime scene photos. What about surrounding businesses. The location of the house is also just a block from busy road Business 65. This also supports stranger theory as house is not located in a safe neighborhood but more of a business area.

This crime is solvable. Look for similar crimes. Figure out the mystery of green van.
Dig up that concrete so we can at least rule it out or possible finally solve crime.
One of the biggest questions is where are the victims located. I’m not familiar with the area so I wouldn’t know but think the parking lot is a good place to start.

Attachments

• A8A43487-D84A-4480-9EB5-0DE08BB866E7.jpeg
    A8A43487-D84A-4480-9EB5-0DE08BB866E7.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 36928D47-8FB1-4600-ABF9-CA36BF297709.jpeg
    36928D47-8FB1-4600-ABF9-CA36BF297709.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Van tip isn’t credible and Cox isn’t credible.

If you go to the house that it happened (Porch lady house) and stand in the driveway, and look where she said the car was, there’s no way she heard the driver nor made a positive ID. She saw something, just not 3MW.

Cox’s MO has always been one woman. And he leaves mountains of evidence in every case.

Apparently Garrison was also dating one of the 3 mens' mother, and it he may have been a member of a motorcycle gang said to be heavily in the drug field.
Keep in mind Garrison’s low bail — which police bailed him out, taking him into a public building (hotel) in hopes he talks, only for him to ‘Houdini’ an escape, and something just doesn’t add up. Maybe a criminal informant?
He was an informant. They say it in the articles.

The hotel thing is very bizarre and needs scrutiny.

Great post!

Springfield Three

Green van tip: Credible
Makes sense he would have Suzie drive as he could not control 3 women while driving van itself. Van would also be perfect for abduction as you cannot see inside. If this was a stranger abduction suspect has probably done it before.
Did similar crimes occur in area? With such a rare vehicle it seems it can be traced especially if they had three number from the plate.

Restaurant: Credible
If they went to restaurant maybe that explains the cars being moved or not in usual place. Also they could have been seen & followed home from this location.
Also all the purses located together would seem to support they had gone out together. Was Susie feeling sick? Would you go eat if you are sick? Well maybe if you’ve had too much to drink & your Mom insisted you need to eat something or maybe need coffee to sober up.

Robert Cox: Credible
Same modus operandi. Similar crimes. Lied about going to church. Girlfriend recanted alibi.

Ex-Boyfriend: Not Credible
No way. Not sophisticated enough to make them disappear. Also would not exonerate him from the crimes he committed. But I bet we can tie him to the obscene phone calls. (Just a hunch)

Brother: Not credible
Same as boyfriend plus not enough motive.

Cop theory: Not Credible
The three women would have been visible and easily spotted in a police cruiser.
But maybe someone impersonating a cop to gain entrance to residence.

My theory:
Stranger on stranger crime. The most difficult crime to solve.
I believe the went to restaurant & were followed home by green van.

Unanswered questions:
The location of the home was directly next to an industrial looking business/building
What business was located here at this time? A fence separates the two. As clearly shown in crime scene photos. What about surrounding businesses. The location of the house is also just a block from busy road Business 65. This also supports stranger theory as house is not located in a safe neighborhood but more of a business area.

This crime is solvable. Look for similar crimes. Figure out the mystery of green van.
Dig up that concrete so we can at least rule it out or possible finally solve crime.
One of the biggest questions is where are the victims located. I’m not familiar with the area so I wouldn’t know but think the parking lot is a good place to start.

Do any locals know if there were antiques and or upholstery shops in the neighborhood?

Reactions: LPB
Springfield Three

Not likely ever gonna happen, for reals. Cox Hospital gave a green light to dig, local construction companies offered to do the work free of charge, and SPD says nothing links the girls to the parking lot.

Now that I've entertained the parking garage with a response, I'll go back to being grounded in my room for bad behavior!

LOL

Just saw the People Investigates show. How deeply disappointing.
I didn't see the program. I am wondering what suggestions would you make to solve this? Do you find most people to be cooperative and open to your thoughts in this case? It's ashame how many cases go unsolved for a long period of time.

If you go to the house that it happened (Porch lady house) and stand in the driveway, and look where she said the car was, there’s no way she heard the driver nor made a positive ID. She saw something, just not 3MW.

Cox’s MO has always been one woman. And he leaves mountains of evidence in every case.
Police thought van was so credible that they put a replica outside the station
But eyewitness accounts are often inaccurate & since police never located such a rare vehicle then I will agree the van theory may not be as credible as I originally thought. What more can you tell me on Garrison? What convinced police he had inside info?
I just am trying to figure thus crime out. It should be solved. Would love to see answers & justice for families while they are alive.

I didn't see the program. I am wondering what suggestions would you make to solve this? Do you find most people to be cooperative and open to your thoughts in this case? It's ashame how many cases go unsolved for a long period of time.
Fresh set of eyes. New cold case detectives. Follow up on old leads, Discount & rule out as many suspects as possible. Use social media to offer large reward for info on the case.

Fresh set of eyes. New cold case detectives. Follow up on old leads, Discount & rule out as many suspects as possible. Use social media to offer large reward for info on the case.
You won’t get far on this case if you’re not in Springfield and you can’t shmooze certain people. That’s just the name of the game.

-someone doing this for 15 years

Police thought van was so credible that they put a replica outside the station
But eyewitness accounts are often inaccurate & since police never located such a rare vehicle then I will agree the van theory may not be as credible as I originally thought. What more can you tell me on Garrison? What convinced police he had inside info?
I just am trying to figure thus crime out. It should be solved. Would love to see answers & justice for families while they are alive.
Read the other threads. Much of this is covered.

I think you're right about this. I no longer believe there was a van there at all. Some people may want to help so badly that they start to believe they saw things that they didn't really see.

You won’t get far on this case if you’re not in Springfield and you can’t shmooze certain people. That’s just the name of the game.

-someone doing this for 15 years
If that is fact then it certainly is sad.

I like your suggestions. I wonder what it takes to get new cold case detectives assigned to the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23