GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed this somewhere, but what was the gist of PF's brother's testimony?
He said that PF was late for Thanksgiving, and spent half the time outside doing chores.

His arrival time made sense, based on when he was last viewed by the neighbor’s surveillance system, and him also being spotted driving past a furniture store with the tote reoriented in the truck.

SF2 also indicated that PF parked in an unusual spot.

With the way this case has unfolded, would anyone be surprised if SF(if she indeed supplied bail money,) sued John Doe to try to get the bail money back because he didn't complete any of the hits he was hired for?
I'm almost serious

I must have missed this somewhere, but what was the gist of PF's brother's testimony?
My understanding was he fudged on the time of
PF's arrival for Tgiving dinner at MaF- in his initial questioning way back. But during the trial he changed it to showing PF arrived much later than SF2 had originally testified.
I suspect after hearing the grissly details of KB's death and maybe after his LE superior had a chat with him, he decided to come clean.
MOO.

He said that PF was late for Thanksgiving dinner, arriving at 5:00, and that he parked on the side of the house which was unusual for him. (he had the tote with Kekseys body in the truck)
He also said PF prepared dinner in the kitchen for himself and the baby and spent most of the time outside doing "chores."

Best of all, he gave PF a look of disgust as he walked out of the courtroom.

Imo

@riolove77 Do you think the defense was planning to actually put one on, and perhaps decided not to after those letters came to light?

Also, do you think the defense is merely going to argue for lesser charges during closing, and not dispute that PF did this?

I'm not sure; I just don't understand why they won't say ANYTHING at all. I get that they are not required to, but in a trial with this much at stake, at least get up and make a case that matches up to what you promised in your opening. Instead they choose to rest with the damning paper towel chronicles as the last thing the jury hears. Obviously doesn't matter, given the rest of the evidence likely sealed the deal prior to that anyway, but you sent home a jury after that??? Insane.

I do think that they will argue in closing for manslaughter. They'll say that even IF it happened, it was a heat of the moment situation during a custody exchange on Thanksgiving Day and it wasn't planned; she was going to bake something and bring it to dinner, then we were gonna get a tree, this wasn't supposed to happen. I don't think it'll work. But I do think they'll try and say the prosecution hasn't met a BRD burden for murder 1 in that mere chatter about wanting to kill her months prior doesn't equal premeditation. That is what their reach will be I think. I could be way off though. What do I know? I'm a prosecutor haha.

PF has quite some experience with noting, especially on napkins and paper towels.
Perhaps he is practising for his next venture.

He said that PF was late for Thanksgiving dinner, arriving at 5:00, and that he parked on the side of the house which was unusual for him. (he had the tote with Kekseys body in the truck)
He also said PF prepared dinner in the kitchen for himself and the baby and spent most of the time outside doing "chores."

Imo

I think SF2 rolled his eyes, after giving PF a disgusting stare.:D:D:D
Someone may have the correct emoji.

PF's arrival for Tgiving dinner at MaF- in his initial questioning way back. But during the trial he changed it to showing PF arrived much later than SF2 had originally testified.
I suspect after hearing the grissly details of KB's death and maybe after his LE superior had a chat with him, he decided to come clean.
MOO.
Did his brother give a time? I thought he said that he and his family "arrived at 230 and PF sometime after that."

Did his brother give a time? I thought he said that he and his family "arrived at 230 and PF sometime after that."

Yes.

Patrick Frazee’s brother Sean Frazee taking the stand. He says his brother was late for Thanksgiving dinner and didn’t see him until 5. He says he wasn’t close to him. There’s also an ongoing family dispute between Frazee children over family assets

Daniela Leon on Twitter

She pled the 5th at the Pre-Trial hearing back in January. She wouldn't answer any questions from the prosecutor and the judge allowed it.

@enelram ; thank you for kindly clarifying the obvious !!
Much appreciated. :)

Close but not exactly.

Judge Sells released SF from her subpoena.

DA May wanted to call SF as his first witness at the February Preliminary Hearing and SF's attorney told the court that if SF was forced to testify she would assert her 5th Amendment. With that, the Judge said he would rule on this later and sequestered SF out of the courtroom.

After the lunch recess, the Judge explained the following:

Teller County Judge Scott Sells is upholding his decision to release Patrick Frazee’s mother from her subpoena, which means she will not have to testify against her son at his preliminary hearing.

Sells said prosecutors had wanted Sheila Frazee to testify about when her son arrived at Thanksgiving dinner the day Berreth disappeared, the wellbeing of his child, and a steel rod that may have been recovered.

She was also expected to testify about what was referred to as a “burning incident” at Frazee’s home, according to Sells.

Sells said a preliminary hearing is not a time for this testimony, and that other witnesses can provide further similar information.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

Last edited:
Thank you.
:0)
I was asking if he gave a time in his early interviews.
All I remember is him saying PF arrived sometime after him.
Iirc, and please do not hold me to this. I believe he gave a time in his early interviews, but we dont know what the specific time was. The time reported or stated (which or both idk) was vague.
Ie SF1 said something like "I arrived at XX time, and PF sometime after that"

Here you go!

Frazee's brother details Thanksgiving Day with family

District Attorney May then asked Frazee's older brother, Sean Frazee, to stand as witness in the courtroom. Sean is a Colorado Springs Police Department officer. He lives in the city with his family.

Patrick appeared to look at him with more interest than with other witnesses.

May first asked about the Frazee family ranch. Sean explained that his mother had lived at the ranch for 20 years and Patrick lived there as well. He said he hadn’t been close with his brother for the last two or three years.

On Thanksgiving Day 2018, Sean arrived at the ranch with his wife and children around 2:30 p.m. Only his mother was there, he said. They had dinner shortly afterward for about 60 to 90 minutes and Patrick still hadn’t showed up.

Around 4:30 p.m., Patrick called the ranch’s landline and said he was coming but would be late. Sean said he arrived with Kaylee around 5 p.m. and made some food for himself and Kaylee. Afterward, Patrick went outside for some chores and to feed the horses, Sean said. After he came back inside, the family had dessert and Sean’s family left around 7:30 p.m.

When asked, he said he wasn’t sure if Patrick was on his phone throughout the visit. When May asked if Sean saw anything in the back of his truck, Patrick said it was parked out of sight, so he didn’t notice, but it wouldn’t have been out of the ordinary to see a black box in the back of the truck.

Sean and Patrick’s father passed away on Aug. 28, 2018 and his children were still going through his estate at the time. They still are, Sean said. About $400,000 is at stake, he said, including property.

Sean said he knew some boys did odd jobs on the ranch. He met some of them in Colorado Springs on Nov. 29, 2018 when he had to meet Patrick to get a death certificate for their father. Patrick and the boys were headed to a scrapyard and Sean offered a recommendation— Evraz Steel off Las Vegas Street in Colorado Springs.

May asked when Sean first heard that Berreth was missing, and he said Patrick told him over the phone on Dec. 3. Patrick mentioned that her grandmother was sick, so she may have gone to visit without telling anybody. He also mentioned that she had alcohol issues and had sought help before so she may have gone away to seek more help, but again, without telling anybody. Sean said he told Patrick that he hoped she would be found alive.

During that call, Patrick also said he’d received a call from Doss Aviation about canceling Kaylee’s health insurance because Berreth hadn’t been working enough.

Sean said he thought his brother’s demeanor was concerning during the call.

He said he was with Patrick in a parking lot on Dec. 4 when a police officer approached them and asked Patrick for his phone. Sean asked if they had a warrant and the officer said no, but they planned to get one. Sean told Patrick to give the officer his phone, which he did, Sean said.

When Sean was dismissed from the witness stand, he looked over at his brother, turned his head and rolled his eyes.

Frazee trial: Defense questions timeline of surveillance photos

MOO.

In his original statement to law enforcement months and months ago, he said that he arrived about 2:30 and that Patrick arrive later. It never stated in that document what time he arrived. When he got on the stand he specified and was no longer vague.

Imo

One more thing his brother said on the stand, was that Patrick changed his boots/shoes when he got there.

ETA I see @scdiv gave great detail, but I do remember unless I'm going crazy that he also mentioned that Patrick changed his shoes when he got there. Perhaps it just was not in that article and wasn't another one or a tweet. Because we did indeed discuss it and we were surprised the boots never came up in testimony with blood on them that was Kelsey's.

In his original statement to law enforcement months and months ago, he said that he arrived about 2:30 and that Patrick arrive later. It never stated in that document what time he arrived. When he got on the stand he specified and was no longer vague.

One more thing his brother said on the stand, was that Patrick changed his boots/shoes when he got there.

ETA I see @scdiv gave great detail, but I do remember unless I'm going crazy that he also mentioned that Patrick changed his shoes when he got there. Perhaps it just was not in that article and wasn't another one or a tweet. Because we did indeed discuss it and we were surprised the boots never came up in testimony with blood on them that was Kelsey's.

IIRC, PF brought the boots up again in conversation with JM when he alleged that KB had a nosebleed that got on his boots (and clothes) and he wondered if there might still be traces even after washing them off.

Snipped for focus

I remember the shoe changing as well.
And his brother would recall such details given his occupation.
I feel for those in that family who've not attacked Kelsey and are ashamed of what PF and others have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member