MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the People Investigates show. How deeply disappointing.
Just saw the People Investigates show. How deeply disappointing.
I think the government should use some of our tax dollars to form a special unit of cold case investigators. The case should be handed to them if it is unsolved for ten years. Those investigators should be able to operate in the same manner as the U.S. Marshals. Then they could go to any state when needed.

Springfield Three

Green van tip: Credible
Makes sense he would have Suzie drive as he could not control 3 women while driving van itself. Van would also be perfect for abduction as you cannot see inside. If this was a stranger abduction suspect has probably done it before.

A100 vans were produced from 1964-1970 so they were 22-28 years old already . SPD got theirs from a junk yard . Some ppl buy them today to restore but not then .
Point being , A100 are already very distinct looking vehicles , most were used for construction & in poor condition. There would have likely been many witnesses if one was running around .
The reported encounter / delayed reporting is not creditable . You would have to be yelling at the top of your lungs from inside A100 to hear out and then it’s going to muffled .
SPD got soo many bad “ tips “ out of the 5200+ Just wasting more of their time .

You won’t get far on this case if you’re not in Springfield and you can’t shmooze certain people. That’s just the name of the game.

-someone doing this for 15 years
12 year delayed start .

I always found it weird that if this was a simple home invasion, why resort to kidnapping three grown women? Why not kidnap one of the women and silence the other two? It's a bizarre case but I suppose that's what makes it one of a kind.

A100 vans were produced from 1964-1970 so they were 22-28 years old already . SPD got theirs from a junk yard . Some ppl buy them today to restore but not then .
Point being , A100 are already very distinct looking vehicles , most were used for construction & in poor condition. There would have likely been many witnesses if one was running around .
The reported encounter / delayed reporting is not creditable . You would have to be yelling at the top of your lungs from inside A100 to hear out and then it’s going to muffled .
SPD got soo many bad “ tips “ out of the 5200+ Just wasting more of their time .

I doubt very much that it was a A100 van or that it was even green, but I do believe there was a van. If one witness saw something then maybe you can dispute it, but in this case there was two. So therefore the van can't be dismissed.

As far as FPL hearing a man's voice from the van; it would be very debatable. Being someone who had a job working at night which required the investigation of noise; I can say from my own personal experiences that some people can talk and you can't hear them very well or at all, but there are other people that can be heard from a block away. I think this is do to the fact that some voices have deeper tones then others. A good example would be someone who has a "DJ" or "bellowing booming" type voice.

I always found it weird that if this was a simple home invasion, why resort to kidnapping three grown women? Why not kidnap one of the women and silence the other two? It's a bizarre case but I suppose that's what makes it one of a kind.
What suggestions would you make as far as finding bodies and solving this case? Is there any particular area that you would look in?

What suggestions would you make as far as finding bodies and solving this case? Is there any particular area that you would look in?

To be honest, I haven't got a clue. I think Sherrill was the likely target but they've looked into her private life and haven't found anything suspicious.

Would one man be ballsy and skilled enough to subdue and kidnap three grown women? All without leaving any clues? Although, he may have used the multiple victims to his advantage. He could use them as leverage against one another to keep them compliant ("do as I say or your mom/daughter/friend gets it!"), as opposed to a solitary victim who only has her own life on the line.

Big problem is you guys believing the cops and newspapers at face value.

A cursory look into the women’s past shows many shady people if you know where to look.

Answers aren’t in the media links about this case. Except maybe the 1994 articles about Garrison/gag orders. About the only useful ones. And the KY3 reporting on the GJ3.

“the cops found nothing suspicious” Again they said this before Garrison and others were brought to a GJ. I don’t get why earlier comments before new discoveries have some kind of weight here...

Last edited:
Firstly, as many of you are aware the SPD sent two detectives and over 10,000 documents to the National center for missing and exploited children to percent this case in front of a 21 person panel of retired law enforcement, forensic professionals, Ex FBI agents, NCIC personal and others within LE.

This presentation took 2 days.

That panel of professionals reviewed the information and then compiled a report and sent that report to the SPD.

I believe part of that report was an overall assessment of the past performance of the SPD in their handling of this case.

I would like the SPD to honor my request, to publicly release nothing that could be considered sensitive material or that could damage the ongoing investigation, just the overall assessment of their performance, done by an independent outside agency (The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.)

However, my request was denied by both the SPD and the NCMEC.

That overall assessment needs to be made public.

As I've said before, how can we the people make an informed rational decision on the performance of the SPD without that report.

I believe that report would give us the information needed to request and/or demand FBI intervention in this case.

Secondly, I rarely talk about this case, it is very painful and extremely frustrating.
The last time I spoke with a Springfield Police department detective was in 2012.

At that time Sergeant Allen Neal meet me at my favorite restaurant for a tasty steak lunch, we spoke for about 4 hours. I found him to be professional, engaging, genuine and limitedly informative.

That meeting was the last time I spoke to anyone at Springfield Police department that would have been 7 years ago

I believe Sergeant Alan Neal retired in 2016.. as such we have reached one more sad milestone, he being the last detective that was working at the SPD during the abductions and initial investigation.

I have always been and continue to be available to anyone at the SPD.

Many years ago, when cheif Williams was hired, I became quite hopeful that he would be less political and more active in helping resolve our case, he made a pretty good first impression and it's all been downhill since then, he talks about transparency but that has not equated to any real transparency. his peacock presentation and politics will one day be rewarded with a gold watch paid for by the people of Springfield. Our feelings for each other our mutual.

As most people may understand as far as I'm concerned the SPD has one job, find out what happened to my family and Stacy, they have been unsuccessful for over 27 years it is well past time for transparency and a puplic evaluation of their failure.

Last edited:
Firstly, as many of you are aware the SPD sent two detectives and over 10,000 documents to the National center for missing and exploited children to percent this case in front of a 21 person panel of retired law enforcement, forensic professionals, Ex FBI agents, NCIC personal and others within LE.

That panel of professionals reviewed the information and then compiled a report and sent that report to the SPD.

I believe part of that report was an overall assessment of the past performance of the SPD in their handling of this case.

I would like the SPD to honor my request, to publicly release nothing that could be considered sensitive material or that could damage the ongoing investigation, just the overall assessment of their performance, done by an independent outside agency (The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.)

As I've said before, how can we the people make an informed rational decision on the performance of the SPD without that report.

I believe that report would give us the information needed to request and/or demand FBI intervention in this case.

Secondly, I rarely talk about this case, it is very painful and extremely frustrating.
The last time I spoke with a Springfield Police department detective was in 2012.

At that time Sergeant Allen Neal meet me at my favorite restaurant for a tasty steak lunch, we spoke for about 4 hours. I found him to be professional, engaging, genuine and limitedly informative.

That meeting was the last time I spoke to anyone at Springfield Police department that would have been 7 years ago

I believe Sergeant Alan Neal retired in 2016.. as such we have reached one more sad milestone, he being the last detective that was working at the SPD during the abductions and initial investigation.

Many years ago, when cheif Williams was hired, I became quite hopeful that he would be less political and more active in helping resolve our case, he made a pretty good first impression and it's all been downhill since then, he talks about transparency but that has not equated to any real transparency. his peacock presentation and politics will one day be rewarded with a gold watch paid for by the people of Springfield. Our feelings for each other our mutual.

As most people may understand as far as I'm concerned the SPD has one job, find out what happened to my family and Stacy, they have been unsuccessful for over 27 years it is well past time for transparency and a puplic evaluation of their failure.

I wonder if any evidence was ever preserved in this case. Technology has come a long way since 1991. The purses for instance, could hold touch DNA or possibly even fingerprints that could not have been extracted back then. Same would go for extracting evidence from the answering machine as well.

Welcome! I can't imagine what you've been through. Thanks for posting. Your mom, sister and Stacy deserve justice and you deserve answers.

Bartt, how are you so sure Neal didn’t have a hand in a bungled investigation?

Have you considered suing the department? It’s not like a police department to behave the way they have in many areas.

I consider the investigation a failure. (Not bungled)

Detective Neil and I have had our differences but I always felt that I could rely on him for the truth, because of his personal ethics and professionalism.

Try to understand, that within the first few months my contact detective was Asher. I trusted the man, believed wholeheartedly that he would be the one to solve this case and bring my family and Stacy back.
Yet, upon the airing of the 48 hours episode (September 1992)
It became painfully aapparent that I had placed my trust in the wrong person. To this day I do not understand his agenda, an agenda he once again sadly attempted on the PI Show, but with much less skill, his manipulative outright lies are glaringly obvious, got to give him credit for follow-through he still trys to make my family look less than and the new twist of making me a violet villain played well.

He sees Stacy and the McCall's as the only true victims.
Since the very beginning he has shown deep empathy for the McCalls, he is quite talented, he maneuvered himself into an advisory role within their family while on active duty and after he retired. He is quite close to McCall family.

There have been five TV shows that have been done on this case? Asher is in every one of them and has had a profound effect on the narrative.

The last two shows Crime watch daily and People investigates contacted me and asked me to participate, after much thought and council with my daughter we declined.
27 years is a long time and tabloid TV is not going to help us, but it will put a lot of money in network pockets. I also find reenactment shows to be highly speculative, sensationalist, irresponsible, inaccurate and distasteful.

Agreed on all of that. The primary goal of TV shows is to sell ads. Controversy sells ads. This case has grave robbing, the "drunk brother," and Robert Craig Cox. It's always the three primary focal points of each of the tabloid shows. They're all awful and don't move the needle.

The only needle moved is the fact that Asher says something different than what Michael Clay and his wife have said in regards to your sister's car and her ex's alibi. Someone is lying. Or someone isn't being shared truthful/meaningful documents. Not sure which.

1. If Asher is lying, then why?

2. If Clay is lying, then why?

Agreed on all of that. The primary goal of TV shows is to sell ads. Controversy sells ads. This case has grave robbing, the "drunk brother," and Robert Craig Cox. It's always the three primary focal points of each of the tabloid shows. They're all awful and don't move the needle.

The only needle moved is the fact that Asher says something different than what Michael Clay and his wife have said in regards to your sister's car and her ex's alibi. Someone is lying. Or someone isn't being shared truthful/meaningful documents. Not sure which.

1. If Asher is lying, then why?

2. If Clay is lying, then why?

I can't answer for anyone else but first Asher isn't a cop anymore. He seems to like the spotlight. He screwed up and instead of admitting it or thinking of other suspects he comes back to the same ones. Bartt mentioned Stacy being treated as the only real victim. He is right and Asher is one that has pushed that agenda.

Asher retired from SPD in 1995 and is still highly regarded by the SPD. Including praises by Sgt. Allen Neal himself.

Asher became a Sergeant for Republic PD until ~2010

Last edited:
I consider the investigation a failure. (Not bungled)

Detective Neil and I have had our differences but I always felt that I could rely on him for the truth, because of his personal ethics and professionalism.

Try to understand, that within the first few months my contact detective was Asher. I trusted the man, believed wholeheartedly that he would be the one to solve this case and bring my family and Stacy back.
Yet, upon the airing of the 48 hours episode (September 1992)
It became painfully aapparent that I had placed my trust in the wrong person. To this day I do not understand his agenda, an agenda he once again sadly attempted on the PI Show, but with much less skill, his manipulative outright lies are glaringly obvious, got to give him credit for follow-through he still trys to make my family look less than and the new twist of making me a violet villain played well.

He sees Stacy and the McCall's as the only true victims.
Since the very beginning he has shown deep empathy for the McCalls, he is quite talented, he maneuvered himself into an advisory role within their family while on active duty and after he retired. He is quite close to McCall family.

There have been five TV shows that have been done on this case? Asher is in every one of them and has had a profound effect on the narrative.

The last two shows Crime watch daily and People investigates contacted me and asked me to participate, after much thought and council with my daughter we declined.
27 years is a long time and tabloid TV is not going to help us, but it will put a lot of money in network pockets. I also find reenactment shows to be highly speculative, sensationalist, irresponsible, inaccurate and distasteful.

Asher gave me the creeps when he was looking at your sister's pictures on the 1992 48 hours. That might just be me. PI was a joke but also really messed up. You were sacrificed for TV ratings. If they couldn't get basic facts like the cars they were driving and even the house how do they expect to jog people's memories? That probably wasn't the intent unfortunately. I hope you are okay after watching that.
Is what they did to you slander?

Asher retired from SPD in 1995 and is still highly regarded by the SPD. Including praises by Sgt. Allen Neal himself.

Asher became a Sergeant for Republic PD until ~2010

He might have been a cop but he left SPD 3 years after the crime. He is on TV talking about it 27 years later. He throws around accusations that affect real people.
What has Asher done that makes you hold him in such high esteem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd